**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sentry and Champion buff suggestion

Sentry: Sentry is a high requirements (Needs to be awaken, needs a high sig, needs to be played perfectly, needs two synergies) with low outcome (good damage output [when all requirements are met] but not even close to the great damage dealers of the game and no utility at all).
I personally know no one who wants to use Sentry, even though a lot of them enjoy the animations and the design of the champion.
There are also two issues with his requirements, the first being always having to heal him up until he is close to sig 200, which no other champion with persistent charges require and the other one being that one of his synergies is Aegon. Aegon also needs a ramp up, but Aegon is superior in every single thing, so who would choose Sentry over Aegon? Well mem apparently, but that's because I like Sentry (or because I am an idiot).
Now there are other synergy teams like Void, Sabretooth and KM in which every champ has his use. The Domino, RHulk, Masacre one in which one champ gets stronger but the other ones have their use and don't need the stronger one to be decent (Red Hulk and Masacre don't need Domino).
This Synergy Team (Aegon, Champion, Sentry) has the issue, that Sentry needs them both, but they don't need Sentry and even when Sentry has the Synergies, the other two are superior to him.
So here my suggestions:
1.Give Sentry the attack and crit bonuses of the synergy, but don't destroy the synergy team. change the synergies into something else, that give those champions utility.
2. create a combo bros Synergy for these three champs and Star Lord. This synergy should lower the costs (persistent charges) of the champions special attacks, so more people use him offensively. let Aegon start the fight with a combo of 25 if his combo is 0. Combo Lock for Star Lord if his health is above 80 per cent. Sentry gets additional 30% Attack and crit agains the contest's greatest fighters (the ones mentioned in champions Abilities)
3. Update Contest's Greatest Fighters: My idea is the following: Pick two champs of each class for every year at the end of every year. The champion is an elder and should be able to adjust himself. The list is currently outdated. So 12 champs per year. That would mean 48 champs right now. I know that would be a long text, so I suggest to just create a Tag #Contest's greatest fighters.

What do you think?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Champions doesnt need more buffs, honestly. Changing his abilities to that would unbalance the game and the 6.2 quest as well
  • The Champion makes a good defender mini boss when awaken and his synergy is great with The Thing,I don’t think he needs anymore upgrades. I wish Kabam had made Sentry and The Void into one character,like the book, instead of two separate characters sorta like made him change to the void.
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87

The Champion makes a good defender mini boss when awaken and his synergy is great with The Thing,I don’t think he needs anymore upgrades. I wish Kabam had made Sentry and The Void into one character,like the book, instead of two separate characters sorta like made him change to the void.

That is not true, though. Sentry and void are two separate entities created by Robert Reynold’s mind. This is why they fight each other a lot of times and you see them both separated from each other in combat. There is a merged Sentry. Jeff Lemire merged both in Sentry 2018 #4 and he looks different and is much stronger than sentry is. I made a suggestion of including that version to the game, merging both sentry’s and void’s play stiles.
    Champion: i do think he needs an upgrade, specially since the greatest fighters aren’t the greatest fighters anymore. But maybe mystic champs should be excluded for balance purposes.

I agree with the fact that sentry needs a buff. I would also like to see a buff to Star Lord, allowing him to change his elemental gun effect. Sentry should receive furys with every reality warp and that hp cap should be removed. Maybe kabam thought it's a nice idea but no... No. The champion isn't meant to be an amazing attacker, but I like the tag idea. Although observing how aware kabam is of some things, I don't think they know which are the best 2 champions of each class.

The elemental gun could be controlled the same way you can change winter soldiers munitions.
  • BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    Champion is fine.
    Sentry needs a buff as badly as Dr.strange Doo.
    Sentry should be above good tier. Combos shouldn't take as long to build, AND his specials need to inflict debuff or true damage or both.