**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there a reason why Dormmamu is not incinerate immune?

I just don't understand the logic behind this. Kabam made the excuse that GR clothes can still burn (lol) but Dormmamu doesn't have any clothes. He doesn't have a body or skin... you can see through him.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    They also dont have normal, regular fire.

Use the search tool. You will find all the answer in 100 other threads.
    Its fiction. You cant use your own logic in it. The creators are the ones who decides everything, and how each champion will work.
    The visual model doesn't matter, disregard that. So there is no real reason for him to have any ability. He will have the abilities the developers want him to have.

And as well, being made of fire doesnt mean immunity to it
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Because why not?
  • Options
    Warlock is not incinerate immune.
    Point is, all champions are made of the same thing. They are all just 3D models for a game, where the visuals of the model are not relevant to the champion abilities.

I always give this example: Being able to create and control fire (as well as becoming immune to it), being made of fire, or even eat fire doesn't necessarily make someone immune to fire, in general. This happens already, so I'm not making up anything here.

Any champion that isn't incinerate immune, isn't incinerate immune because it has no ability to be incinerate immune. That's the simplest way to see it
  • Options
    IDoge said:

Point is, all champions are made of the same thing. They are all just 3D models for a game, where the visuals of the model are not relevant to the champion abilities.

I always give this example: Being able to create and control fire (as well as becoming immune to it), being made of fire, or even eat fire doesn't necessarily make someone immune to fire, in general. This happens already, so I'm not making up anything here.

Any champion that isn't incinerate immune, isn't incinerate immune because it has no ability to be incinerate immune. That's the simplest way to see it

Was a mistake on my behalf but he is coldsnap/frostbite immune. What's the exact reason for him being coldsnap immune and not dorm? You're making stuff up just like they did.
    Is simple, really. That ability was given to him, and not to Dormammu.

You dont need to complicate it that much. Read the abilities, and you will see what a champion can do and think of what it can't do. Again, doesnt matter how the character looks like. Abilities are all that matter, and the model doesnt decide any of them
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Was this second discussion really necessary after having the first one closed? This question was asked hundreds of times in this forum already.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    IDoge said:

IDoge said:

IDoge said:

Was a mistake on my behalf but he is coldsnap/frostbite immune. What's the exact reason for him being coldsnap immune and not dorm? You're making stuff up just like they did.

You dont need to complicate it that much. Read the abilities, and you will see what a champion can do and think of what it can't do. Again, doesnt matter how the character looks like. Abilities are all that matter, and the model doesnt decide any of them
    That ability was only given to him to increase sales. Dormammu is an old champ so if they added the incinerate immunity they could possibly lose money. That's where I point out the hypocrisy of Kabam
    This line of logic is so wrong
    Can you say it is? Look at dormmamu and warlock. Both are not human and lack blood. They cannot be poisoned either. There's no reason that warlock should be immune to coldsnap "just cause" If that's the case then might as well give Black Widow bleed immunity.
    This game makes no sense a lot of the time. They say it’s for balance but this game is far from it. Same with ghost rider, I know he shouldn’t be incinerated like a lot of people know.
    Just ignore these people.
  • Options
    IDoge said:

IDoge said:

IDoge said:

That ability was only given to him to increase sales. Dormammu is an old champ so if they added the incinerate immunity they could possibly lose money. That's where I point out the hypocrisy of Kabam
    This line of logic is so wrong
    Can you say it is? Look at dormmamu and warlock. Both are not human and lack blood. They cannot be poisoned either. There's no reason that warlock should be immune to coldsnap "just cause" If that's the case then might as well give Black Widow bleed immunity.
    Again, you are making an error by "looking" at the characters.
    For sure they could make BW immune to bleed, but they didn't. You are trying to suggest a buff to a champion, giving the excuse of his visual and lack of damage
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Because balance. Is this issue really the one you want to focus on compared to other more important issues like parry timing, lost connections, etc?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Ffs this again