**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Despair vs Willpower

Simply put, what should I put my points into? I don’t use suicides right now but I can feel willpower doing work whereas I don’t really notice the effects of despair? Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Do you frequently run cap iw human torch void or other heavy heal reversal chanps or a ton of heavy debuffers?
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I'd say Willpower. Simply because it can save your a$$. Whenever you get a debuff, it can heal you pretty nicely and if it's a DoT debuff, it can save you quite a lot of HP (unless you run into Domino's SP, lol). Also, it shuts down the Gambler's fate node completely, bcs the damage from debuffs equals the regen from this mastery
  • Options
    X4DaysX4Days Posts: 33
    Lvernon15 said:

Do you frequently run cap iw human torch void or other heavy heal reversal chanps or a ton of heavy debuffers?

mostly bleed champs currently. not a lot of unique rebuffs tho.

• Options
    X4DaysX4Days Posts: 33

I never used willpower and I don't feel like I'm missing out tbh. I'd only consider using willpower, if I were to use suicides as well.
    I mean, sure there are some situations where willpower will be free healing, but in any other case I don't want to get inflicted with a debuff anyways, so what gives?
    On top of that you need to put soooo many points in defensive masteries to even be able to use willpower.That's the biggest no-no for me, since that would feel like a massive waste without at least getting the additional damage from suicides.

Despair however is extremely helpful imo.

I see where you’re coming from. Why is despair so useful? I cant think of situations I’ll be in where I’d need it maxed out.
  • Options
    Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    I say willpower mastery because this month it has save my all health potions
    I have completed my master and heroic quest .
    With help of corvus galive as 4* r5 unawaken ,most of time cold snap and armour break helps corvus to heal up and emma and void too .
    My team is of 5* r3 emma,void
    And 4* r5 km,corvus galive and domino and sometimes Voodoo
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I used willpower before, but stopped and now only regret about wasting units on it. Without suicides you don't have debuffs that often, and the heal is not very impressive. You also have to waste units on defance masteries to be able to unlock it. I now only run only block proficiency and stand your ground has some points for aw. Offensive masteries allow you finish fights faster, utility things like md or limber are also more useful imo.