**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How does the regeneration on Venoms sp1 work?

Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
I know during his patch he got a regen from his sp1 but l have never seen it activate.

Comments

• arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    When you opponent have a buff, sp1 has 55% chance to nullify that buff and gain health
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★

arni2 said:

When you opponent have a buff, sp1 has 55% chance to nullify that buff and gain health

*on every hit

That's 3 chances for nullification and regen, which is really nice.

Venoms sp1 is way better than his sp2, there I said it.
    Well, if the opponent doesn’t have buffs, there’s no much use for it really
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

arni2 said:

*on every hit

Sp2 is just a finisher imo
    Or if you get stuck with 4 physical resists and 3 armours
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited September 2019
    Nick1109 said:

I know during his patch he got a regen from his sp1 but l have never seen it activate.

It works like Venompool. 'Om Nom' it says and poof, gone is the buff and hello to the health and buffs! If you pick your opponents right, you can end every fight with max health.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

arni2 said:

*on every hit

Just heavy then. Personally, I don't bother with the buffs. If you screw up, you will be glad they were there. Otherwise, go to the SP3.
  • ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Sp2 would be so much better if the cannibalization of the buffs to fury had a longer or permanent effect. It's just not worth it for the duration.

Sp1 is way more efficient than sp2.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

arni2 said:

*on every hit

Just heavy then. Personally, I don't bother with the buffs. If you screw up, you will be glad they were there. Otherwise, go to the SP3.
    In end game play a lot of the time you can’t risk a heavy, stun immune or too much block damage or whatever. It’s a nice reset buffs. I’d rather finish a fight quick than have a couple of physical resistance
  • NeofrackNeofrack Posts: 41
    yeah, i used venom sp1 everytime i want to get heal from opponent buffs, if i already had enough, i switch to sp3, rarely used sp2 cause its not great IMO
  • Goldcup7Goldcup7 Posts: 42
    Took my 5 star Venom to rank 5. No regrets. I use his Sp1 a lot even if they don't have buffs. It can really help build your health back up if against champs with buffs. I use him sometimes against RTTL Rhino. I keep Rhino against the wall mostly, take some block damage but get health back by using the Sp1. I can finish the fight with full health.

I use the heavy if I get an armor or resistance buff, only if it's safe to do so. That said, it can be frustrating when the buff is swapped for another armor or resistance. :/
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

arni2 said:

*on every hit

I kind of agree, but kind of don't. I use his Sp1 whenever the opponent has higher health. The Sp2 does way more damage, but then it converts my buffs into furies that expire. The Sp1 has good regen which makes Venom sustainable for the whole fight. As soon as the opponent drops below 25% health, I'll use the Sp2. On the rare chance it doesn't finish them off, the time I have with the furies will. Unless of course it's someone with high health, then I'll just wait for the 18% true strike as normal and don't even have to worry about when I throw a heavy. If it's someone with really high health, like champs in ROL, I'll just wait till I know it'll finish em.