**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are veteran players still looking youtubers for advice?

GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
I have played almost 3 years and I hardly follow youtubers anymore unless at boring time. I can figure out myself which champ is best for which content and how to clear nodes and if I can’t beat the nodes that because either of my limited skill or roster. Youtubers can not provide anything - or many things that I don’t know.

So my question is do you veterans player feel the same as well?

Comments

• Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    When new content is released I will check out maybe KT1's videos or even possibly Seatin. Also, love me some Dorky videos, whether they teach me something or not. I didn't start watching mcoc videos until after my second year of playing.
  • DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Never watched them I too tend to figure it out if no champ to complete or counter the node I wait till I have that specific champ my skill also is a big let down
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I watch them just to see what fake outrage and hypocrisy they can come out with. The only one who's content I enjoy is Dave, and that's because he comes across as actually genuine. But in terms of taking advice from any of them, no.
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    Nope
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I will watch YouTube content when new champs come out, as I like to see what they are capable of and usually won't get those newer champs for a while. And a number of YouTubers have content that I just find entertaining, if not always actually providing advice.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Ace_03 said:

ItsDamien said:

I watch them just to see what fake outrage and hypocrisy they can come out with. The only one who's content I enjoy is Dave, and that's because he comes across as actually genuine. But in terms of taking advice from any of them, no.

Dave the most genuine...

Say no more, lol.
    That's why I said "comes across as actually genuine". I don't know the guy personally. He just seems like the least egregious out of them, not getting over hyped with good pulls, not slamming the game over the smallest things. Out of all the YouTube evils, he seems to be the lesser of them all.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    If I get a new champ I'm not familiar with I'll watch a few vids on how to use them. I could figure it out myself but I'm just lazy.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Ace_03 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dave the most genuine...

Say no more, lol.
    That's why I said "comes across as actually genuine". I don't know the guy personally. He just seems like the least egregious out of them, not getting over hyped with good pulls, not slamming the game over the smallest things. Out of all the YouTube evils, he seems to be the lesser of them all.
    I enjoy the hype at getting good pulls or getting pissed at bad pulls cuz I do the same specially when it involves 6 stars. Its more entertaining and its passionate. Dont understand your comment on youtubers being evil though, seems like quite an accusation with nthn to back it up with.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Yeah, I still use YouTube as a resource. Certainly not as much as a I used to when I was newer, but there's a lot of mechanics, champions and matchups these days, with new ones coming every single month with each new champion release. It's hard to keep on top of everything on your own. So absolutely I tune in to certain videos when I can. I also like to continue to support the YouTubers I watched when I was new to the game and that helped me out back then. Like I said I certainly don't watch as much as I used to, but I like Content creator videos to get a good look at new champs, I like top tier war videos to get a grasp on how to do some fights, and I like watching when big new content like act 6 or Variant comes out so I can get an idea of the tougher fights and how to counter them, before I jump in myself and lose all my units or waste my boosts lol
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    GOTG said:

I have played almost 3 years and I hardly follow youtubers anymore unless at boring time. I can figure out myself which champ is best for which content and how to clear nodes and if I can’t beat the nodes that because either of my limited skill or roster. Youtubers can not provide anything - or many things that I don’t know.

So my question is do you veterans player feel the same as well?

How do you fit through doors with that big head of yours..
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Honestly Youtubers help the most on breaking down whether or not new champs are useful. KT1 and Legacy I feel are the best skill wise so I really enjoy watching them destroy what I would consider difficult content. Seatin is still the guy as well for all around content.

As far as advice on difficult content my roster is pretty good that I don't need to find alternative ways to defeat champs now so I really just need them on the hardest content. Like act 6.2.6 champion boss, youtubers were an excellent help, also nameless Thanos in the monthly event. Other than that all information helps and they are still drivers in the community.

If content needs r3 6 stars to complete it and I don't have access to them I'm sure their usefulness will increase for me so it is very roster dependent.