**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Counters For Tomorrow's Event Quest

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips
I thought I'd make this post to help give some player's an idea of who to bring in for tomorrow's new Event Quests' bosses

Man-Thing: Red Hulk looks like he's gonna be the best counter at the moment since Man-Thing is immune to critical hits, deals a lot of poison damage, and is a mystic champ. Between all these things, it seems like Red Hulk will be able to build up his heat charges very fast and will be able to dish out a lot of damage. Other options include Poison Immune champs that aren't reliant on crits, OG Cap Marvel comes to mind as does She-Hulk (Class advantage too). Iceman can be good due to his coldsnap and frostbite damage making up the lack of crit damage. I can see some interesting Mister Sinister play by spamming that Special One to transfer all those poisons over to Man-Thing since he isn't poison immune for some reason. If you do use Red Hulk or Sinister, remember that Man-Thing has a small advantage over Villain Champs.

Elsa Bloodstone: Since she seems to get a good deal of damage from her DoT debuffs (Incinerate and Coldsnap), immunity champs like Iceman have the potential to be good against her. Iceman also has the benefit of shutting down her evade. The top champ that seems to be the best counter given her base info is Bishop. Bishop has high energy resistance, so he will minimize or even heal from the damage of Incinerate and Coldsnap depending on his rank, he will also continually build up prowess passive over the course of the DoTs and parrying Elsa will give him double Prowess as she is a skill champ. He seems like a good initial option to burst her down with a good special two or three. Other options that come to mind are Sabretooth (Coldsnap Immune and Class Advantage), Human Torch and Sunspot (Immunities, plus Sunspot has Class Advantage), and Annihulus (Immune to both Coldsnap and Incinerate).

Guillotine 2099: Being a Robot, Medusa is an obvious option here. Champs that mitigate or reverse healing or nullify will also be good for her once per fight regen (Void, Scarlet Witch, Mephisto, Cap Infinity War with Synergies, Warlock). Venom will be an excellent option due to his immunity from tech champs' Power Burn and Power Drain abilities, though he will be missing his bleeds, as well as his ability to nullify her regen and armor with his special one and break her armor with his heavy. Non Regen champs are probably a good idea to avoid her Spectre debuffs or champs that can shrug off (Aegon, Kingpin). If you have Aarkus, he will be great for this fight with his ability to easily break armor and armor shatter.

Obviously, you have the god tier champs like Corvus, Ghost, and Domino who will likely be able to deal with these champs (except for maybe Man-Thing since he is crit immune essentially) but this suggestion guide is for players who don't have these top-end champs. Out of all these bosses, I think Elsa Bloodstone will be the easiest, then Guillotine 2099, then Man-Thing. Who do you guys think will be good counters?

Comments

• Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    We have to wait and see what nodes they have before we can properly provide a counter
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @Austin555555 I know, I just wanted to help other players start thinking about possible champs to bring in.
  • Options
    WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    I’m going to bring Luke Cage for Man-Thing, Luke Cage and Domino for Bloodstone, and Corvus for Guillotine 2099. Man-Thing seems like a tank though, might need more than Luke for him.

Warden out ~
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Torch seems like he’ll be a #1 counter for Man Thing.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    RoninMan said:

Torch seems like he’ll be a #1 counter for Man Thing.

He’s been a counter for someone for the last few months and I love it.
    Mainly because I have him as a 4* maxed available.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Red Hulk, Domino, Warlock, Venom, Fury.
  • Options
    YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Man thing crit immune? Let's see what corvus will have to say about that :)
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    just wait for the nodes
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

• Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    can you just wait, and then came here to complain that the bosses are op, like we do every month?

• Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Aryl said:

Well that’s subtle.
  • Options
    ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    RoninMan said:

Aryl said:

Well that’s subtle.
    I try.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I think emma would be great against elsa
  • Options
    PachPach Posts: 131
    2 things
    Blade food
    And quake and bake
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Omega red one for man thing. Void just don’t get hit when you Hav dex one.
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Aryl said:

Archer voice: “Phrasing!!”
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yotz said:

Man thing crit immune? Let's see what corvus will have to say about that :)

Not much
  • Options
    PrathapPrathap Posts: 582 ★★★
    Any of them is going to be Villan?? My Blade's waiting:)