Changes to Alliance War

HodgePodge19HodgePodge19 Member Posts: 15
edited October 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I would like to have someone explain to me how this new global node benefits anyone in Alliance War. I know that there are many others out there like me that have spent a lot of time and effort (and to a certain degree money) into leveling up specific champions in this game. I will use myself for example. Upon exploring act 5 I had the resources to take a 5* champion to rank 5, this would be the first time that I had been able to do such a thing and I had plenty of what I thought were good options. In the end I went with Archangel. I used a generic awakening gem (keep in mind this is not a debate as to whether or not he is worthy of that), rank up gem, my only two t5 basic, and however many t2 alpha it takes to level him up from rank 3 all the way to rank 5. I did this knowing that while he would not be useful in all situations he could still inflict bleed when he could not poison, and when he could inflict his neurotoxin he could heal block all while doing a lot of damage. Now, for some reason, someone thinks that making a GLOBAL node for all of Alliance War to make every defender bleed immune is a good idea. I get that you are saying that it is encouraging people to level up different champs, but do you think that can happen over night? It takes A LOT of time to farm the materials needed to level up a champion, only to have someone with authority say we are going to make a MASSIVE meta change to the dynamic of Alliance War. Alliance War for many people is the best way to receive the materials necessary to level up a new champion in the first place. So now you can not adequately perform in the one area that lets you get the materials you need to adjust to the random change that you made in the first place. It is very hard for me to not think that this is simply a huge money grab so people have to buy crystals to get more champions that don't rely on bleed, and then spend more money on the materials that they need to rank them up. There are roughly 50 champions that either inflict or heavily rely on bleed, and by making this change you have made this roughly 35-45% of the TOTAL champions in this game inadequate for Alliance War. Are rosters supposed to do a complete overhaul before the next season? I would like for someone to explain to me how if that is the case. I doubt that a moderator or anyone from Kabam will even read this, but I would love to hear from them and get something other than the generic "competitive balance" platitude. This takes a lot of the fun out a game that I used to enjoy playing a lot, and it seems like many of the decisions made are knee jerk reactions. These changes seem like a large step in alienating a player base. Change my mind.

Comments

• HodgePodge19HodgePodge19 Member Posts: 15
    I would also like to add that this affects mastery set ups as well, because deep wounds is now virtually useless in Alliance War as well. There is no enhanced poison or degeneration mastery to replace this either. Would really love to hear from a moderator on this.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Member Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    It's not like AW is the only place that bleed is relevant. You'd still use your archangel in EQ and AW anyway. Besides, bleed immune is only for a season, have fun with some of your other champs that you leveled up. Besides, global bleed immune is nowhere near as annoying as a global masochism or prove yourself would be.
  • HodgePodge19HodgePodge19 Member Posts: 15
    I know its not the only place, but to make a sweeping change this big that affects the effectiveness of so many champions is ridiculous. War is the main source of rank up materials. I know many in my alliance do not have the resources or champs to make massive changes to their war roster from season to season. Global nodes are not the answer for competitive balance in AW.
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, if you have feedback about season 5 of alliance wars, please try to keep it in the the discussion thread that is currently going for the topic. We would love to hear your feedback, but creating a separate thread about the topic can make it harder to keep track of everyone's feedback, thoughts, and suggestions. Thanks!
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Member Posts: 448 ★★★
    Pretty sure you have the ability to merge threads.

This guys has a valid concern that affects a large amount of us. Please instead of the typical deflecting, copy, paste, response, answer the darn questions.
    Hey there, if you have feedback about season 5 of alliance wars, please try to keep it in the the discussion thread that is currently going for the topic. We would love to hear your feedback, but creating a separate thread about the topic can make it harder to keep track of everyone's feedback, thoughts, and suggestions. Thanks!

• bryndenriversbryndenrivers Member Posts: 443 ★★
    It's not like AW is the only place that bleed is relevant. You'd still use your archangel in EQ and AW anyway. Besides, bleed immune is only for a season, have fun with some of your other champs that you leveled up. Besides, global bleed immune is nowhere near as annoying as a global masochism or prove yourself would be.
    i just want to addeess your comment about ranking up other champions. for most of us competing for platinum or in my case top 10 spot in masters you have a static limited amount of materials and no champion of 5* r4 or lower is viable for anything in alliance war defense or offense. so you if your lucky like me have about 12 5* r4 along with a bunch of garbage 6* that are only included because of the challenge rating and how it reduces the damage a 6* take compared to a 5*. that being said the materials to bring champions to r5 need to become x10 more abundant for these changes to aw to be facilitated. further more seatins video put it best reducing bleed champions effecrivenes only makes for a larger gap between thos that have a sparky or corvus and those that dont. somwone is going to chime in and say use other champions i know but unless youve experienced the master t1 competition you wont quite appreciate the difference between a team with 25 corvuses and a team with 10. aw iss literally decided by collusion and who has corvus and sparkies. thats it. these changes will make the corvus disparity even worse. these global nodes are a bad idea. seatin had the best idwa i e heard yet, since the materials are static the competition will remain static, give everyone rank up and rank down tickets for each war allowing people to actually use theyre roster. even with the #1 rewards every season its not enough to facilitate these changes i cant stress how many unseen issues this will create in addition to the many already pointed out
This discussion has been closed.