**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iceman Taking Massive SP3 w/ Ice Armor Active

I was just attacking in AW against an AA on a poison node and when he used his sp3, my health dropped from 54% to 6% even though my Ice Armor was active. I know it was active because the symbol was still there. This has happened to two other members of my alliance over the past week as well during AQ and AW.

Device and Version: LG Stylo 3 on the newest version.

Device Operating System: Android 7.0

Mobile Carrier: WiFi

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi

Game Version Installed: 21.2.0

Game Mode: Alliance War

Champions Affected: 4* Iceman Rank 5 Sig 99/99

Active Boosts: No.

Description of the Issue: I was just attacking in AW against an AA on a poison node and when he used his sp3, my health dropped from 54% to 6% even though my Ice Armor was active. I know it was active because the symbol was still there. This has happened to two other members of my alliance over the past week as well during AQ and AW.

Comments

• Options
    NanoDroidNanoDroid Posts: 48
    This also has happened to me before with Hyperion he used his sp3 while ice armour was active however he still did more than 5% in damage and left my ice armour broken
  • Options
    What are your masteries though those also matter like did the archangel have glass cannon or whatever it’s called
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Der_Eric wrote: »
    What are your masteries though those also matter like did the archangel have glass cannon or whatever it’s called

Glass Cannon has no effect on the 5% damage cap of Ice Armor, apart from generally reducing the damage required to reach that cap (if Iceman had it). It would NOT cause Iceman to lose 48% of his maximum health. And Archangel wouldn't be able to poison or bleed Iceman, so that removes the chance that Neurotoxin stopped the damage cap. Also the example that @NanoDroid put up... iirc iceman is also Incinerate immune so even if he did get hit by a sp1 beforehand it wouldn't cause any Inequity ability accuracy reduction.

Anyway maybe there's a bug causing the ice armor to be broken shortly before sp3 damage calculation? Yes it still needs to be fixed but I'm interested in finding out exactly what's happening in the game code and I can see this explanation making sense for that...
  • Options
    It's happened twice since posting this, once against Sabertooth, once against The Punisher, so it's not AA related.
  • Options
    It seems to be only on AQ and AW that it's happening.
  • Options
    Hey there, would those of you who experienced this be able to tell us what nodes this occurred on or what node buffs were involved? And for those who haven't already, would you be able to tell us who your opponent was and what game mode you were in?
  • Options
    @Kabam Zibiit one happened on node 46 against Sabertooth, one happened on node 31 against AA. Both on the easy map. I've also had it happen on map 4 and 5 of AQ, though I couldn't tell you against who or where.
  • Options
    neernoineernoi Posts: 3
    @Kabam Zibiit same thing just happened to me against Punisher in a dungeon 7. He knocked my Iceman down while Ice armor was active. Two buffs were in the node are 500% heavy and power reserve.
  • Options
    This has happened to me at least twice now. The first time I thought I was just mistaken. This time I know for sure Ice Armor was active. It has always been on AQ Map 4 the first section, far right path, Hyperion. I was using a 4* 5/50 Iceman. What I noticed this time is that I don't think it is properly reactivating. If I take an sp3 before I have ever lost ice armor, it seems ok and only does 5%. However, if I take another sp3 after having it regenerate, I will take the massive damage like it's not active. Even though the timer and the icon resets, the game is not honoring that it is active again.
  • Options
    Not only in AQ, it also happens when I fight crossbone by using iceman 5 star rank 4 in 6.1.5. At last, when crossbone threw his sp3, my ice armor was still active. But I was knocked out (From 70% to death), it must be a bug
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Not only in AQ, it also happens when I fight crossbone by using iceman 5 star rank 4 in 6.1.5. At last, when crossbone threw his sp3, my ice armor was still active. But I was knocked out (From 70% to death), it must be a bug

Crossbones has DAAR, if he had even one fury active he probably just bypassed your Ice Armor