**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's Talk about the Cavalier Daily and 4-Hr Crystals...

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
First off I want to say that I think the Cavalier crystals are amazing and props to Kabam for releasing a crystal that is as good as that one is. However, I am a little bit disappointed with the daily and 4-hr Cavalier crystals because they really don't feel like the crystals got much of a buff. I'm still pulling essentially the same amount of t4b and t4cc fragments from the daily, and I'm still mostly pulling l2 health pots from the 4-hr crystal.

Now I'm not complaining about this, but it doesn't really feel like these crystals are any more rewarding than they were before, which I think is a problem. Reaching the uncollected title was a big deal at the time and the daily crystal felt like a huge step up from what it was before, but the daily crystal for Cavaliers hardly seems to have changed from what it was as uncollected. The same applies for the 4-hr Cavalier crystal.

With these upgrades to the daily and 4-hr crystals it really doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment because nothing has really changed... And this is the problem. Reaching big milestones in the game that are supposed to upgrade certain crystals that you have access to should at least be noticeable upgrades and yet I hardly notice a difference. So what exactly separates these crystals from the uncollected ones? The fact that I have a "chance" at getting t5b? That tiny bit of extra gold I pull a couple times a week? Sure the t5b is nice but I might only ever notice that once a month if I'm lucky, and even longer if I'm not. And we won't even talk about the amount of "extra" gold we can get from the 4-hr crystal.

So with all that said I think it would be reasonable to see a bigger change in the drops from the uncollected daily/4-hr crystals to the Cavalier ones. For example the Cavalier daily crystal should have a small chance at 5* heroes and not 4* ones especially as we can no longer use 4* in act 6. In addition, I think we should see larger piles of t4 fragments, and I think there should be a chance at a full t4b. Maybe even a boost to the drop rate of t2a. In the 4-hr crystal there should no longer be l2 potions, instead there should be a chance at l4 potions and better gold drops. In essence, everything needed to actually differentiate these crystals from their uncollected counterparts.

Again this isn't a complaint. Kabam, for the most part, did a great job with the Cavalier title, but these two crystals seems to be severely lacking. I find myself disappointed every day waiting to actually notice the "upgrade" to the daily and 4-hr crystals. I'd be interested to hear what everyone else thinks about these crystals because I haven't seen much discussion on them.

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I just became cavalier last night so I haven’t really had a chance to notice the new free crystals. They are basically the same?
  • Options
    V1PER1987 said:

I just became cavalier last night so I haven’t really had a chance to notice the new free crystals. They are basically the same?

Yep almost exactly the same. The only difference I’ve noticed after being a cavalier for 5 days was I got one 3,600 gold drop from the 4-hr crystal and 3k of some t4cc fragments. Besides that, nothing has been any different than what I could have gotten from the uncollected daily and 4-hr Crystals.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

The 4hr crystal I haven’t noticed a difference except instead of gold crystals they give different amounts of gold.

For the daily I’ve only seen as a difference is the 3k t4cc shards I’ve gotten. But also mostly the same. Small sample size for the daily crystal.
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    It may be a bit disappointing but the truth is that Kabam has stated that becoming Cavalier is not meant to be the world changer that becoming uncollected was. Aside from gaining access to those cav crystals it’s meant to be a really subtle step up. I have noticed from the 4-hr that every once in a while I’ll get an L3 potion and small energy refills gives 3 instead of one which may not seem like a lot but it adds up. Like you said it may seem a bit disappointing but it really isn’t anything to complain about. Those cavalier crystals alone are worth the effort everything else is a bonus.
  • Options
    Kayne34Kayne34 Posts: 71
    I got 1000 5 star shards from a cavalier daily crystal
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

It may be a bit disappointing but the truth is that Kabam has stated that becoming Cavalier is not meant to be the world changer that becoming uncollected was. Aside from gaining access to those cav crystals it’s meant to be a really subtle step up. I have noticed from the 4-hr that every once in a while I’ll get an L3 potion and small energy refills gives 3 instead of one which may not seem like a lot but it adds up. Like you said it may seem a bit disappointing but it really isn’t anything to complain about. Those cavalier crystals alone are worth the effort everything else is a bonus.

In the Uncollected crystals you could get 2 or 3 small energy refills so it sounds the same.
    Jaded said:

V1PER1987 said:

The 4hr crystal I haven’t noticed a difference except instead of gold crystals they give different amounts of gold.

For the daily I’ve only seen as a difference is the 3k t4cc shards I’ve gotten. But also mostly the same. Small sample size for the daily crystal.
    So it sounds like the T4 frags went up from 750 or 1,500 to 3k. It essentially doubles the number of fragments you can get I guess. Good for people like me hurting for T4C. It would be nice if there was a chance for a full T4 though.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

V1PER1987 said:

Yep almost exactly the same. The only difference I’ve noticed after being a cavalier for 5 days was I got one 3,600 gold drop from the 4-hr crystal and 3k of some t4cc fragments. Besides that, nothing has been any different than what I could have gotten from the uncollected daily and 4-hr Crystals.
    I got 200 6*s shards. They are different.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

V1PER1987 said:

I got 200 6*s shards. They are different.
    I never said they weren't different, my point was are they different enough...
  • Options

Hey @Werewrym,

Thanks for the feedback! The Cavalier title is intended to be a smaller step up than the Uncollected was, similar to the new progress points we've added for Acts 1-4.

Never the less, I have passed your feedback on to the team!

Thanks Mike!
  • Options
    KG05_1KG05_1 Posts: 59

Hey @Werewrym,

Thanks for the feedback! The Cavalier title is intended to be a smaller step up than the Uncollected was, similar to the new progress points we've added for Acts 1-4.

Never the less, I have passed your feedback on to the team!

That’s what I like to hear! 👍🏼

• Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 786 ★★★
    I agree that the daily and 4 hour seem to not be a noticeable upgrade quite yet. If I get a nice chunk of t5bc or 6* shards I may change my tune.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    I personally am not quite there yet. up to 6.1.5.
    so cant speak from experience.
    but it think the big reward from cavalier is the crystal you can buy.
    i don't think every step needs to be so big.
    sometimes smaller steps are good.
    as we know from the past when a big jump happens people begin to expect it all the time.
    and then a big jump just becomes a normal jump.
  • Options
    ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    @Maat1985

Time your cavalier completion with the final day of the reagular 2 week uncollected crystal.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Thebgj said:

@Maat1985

Time your cavalier completion with the final day of the reagular 2 week uncollected crystal.

Good tip. Thanks.
  • Options
    Dudley2906Dudley2906 Posts: 4
    Hey guys I just want to find out what dauly login shards I should be getting as my callander is saying Cavalier yet I am still getting Grand Master shards?
    Is this correct??
    @Kabam Miike