**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please Fix Nick Fury/Quake Synergy

When using the Nick Fury/Quake synergy, champs like Ghost, Hood, Invisible Woman, etc. will evade when they are invisible. What’s the use in that? It makes playing with those champs so confusing, annoying, and useless. Please consider changing the synergy to evade an attack ONLY if the attack would strike you, not if it’s a guaranteed miss. @Kabam Miike

Comments

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

When using the Nick Fury/Quake synergy, champs like Ghost, Hood, Invisible Woman, etc. will evade when they are invisible. What’s the use in that? It makes playing with those champs so confusing, annoying, and useless. Please consider changing the synergy to evade an attack ONLY if the attack would strike you, not if it’s a guaranteed miss. @Kabam Miike

Evade isn't the same thing as Miss.
  • Options
    JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★

I know. But why would I need to evade an attack that is guaranteed to miss? That’s useless.
  • Options

I know. But why would I need to evade an attack that is guaranteed to miss? That’s useless.
    Same could be said for several other interactions in the game, but it would be pretty hard to go through and change specific things for every "Incorrect" Interaction.
  • Options

Same could be said for several other interactions in the game, but it would be pretty hard to go through and change specific things for every "Incorrect" Interaction.
    Isn’t that the point of this forum?

• Options
    I can’t even use my 4 favorite champs (Corvus, Quake, Ghost, Fury) in a quest because this synergy completely ruins my Ghosts play style. Please fix this kabam!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Can I get an admins input on this please. I tried putting a ticket in but they redirected me to the forums. @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    This isn't a bug so I'm moving it over to Suggestions, just a heads up!
  • Options
    edited July 2019

@Kabam Vydious it IS a bug. It doesn’t happen against all champs. Sometimes Ghost evades, sometimes the hits just miss. That’s the problem, I never know which is going to be the case.

• Options
    edited July 2019

@Kabam Vydious Sometimes it “misses” AND she evades. Sometimes it just “misses”. Why should I lose an evade charge on a missed hit?

First photo is the first attack of the fight.

Second and third photo is the first and second attack of the fight. Notice how no evade charges were used.
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited July 2019
    @JosephPoerio In the ghost vs ghost fight, your opponent has the precision passive. That passive prevents all evasion (specifically evasion, not dashing back/dex) while it is active. I believe that would be why you aren't using the quake charge, it just doesn't get used when you can't evade. Same thing would likely happen against truestrike and coldsnap.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    So why does the attack both miss AND evade in the Nightcrawler fight. Shouldn’t only one or the other occur?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

@Kabam Vydious it IS a bug. It doesn’t happen against all champs. Sometimes Ghost evades, sometimes the hits just miss. That’s the problem, I never know which is going to be the case.

Again it's not a Bug, it's just the Activated Abilities Stacking because they can activate at the same time. It's always been like this, changing it would then mean they'd have to go through and rework Every Set of Abilities that can have this same Stacking Interaction... Which definitely wouldn't be worth the Time and Trouble it'd cause, sorry.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @LibertyPrimeV1 How do these interactions “stack”? What you guys are saying makes absolutely NO sense. If the attack “misses”, then what is she evading? After the missed attack, there is nothing to evade. The interaction should stop there.
  • Options
    @SquishyjrThe_4TH “This is not an Interaction where one overrules the other.” Well it absolutely should be. Whichever occurs “first” (in this case the miss because that’s how it reads on the screen) should end the interaction. After the attack misses there is nothing left to evade.
  • Options

@LibertyPrimeV1 How do these interactions “stack”? What you guys are saying makes absolutely NO sense. If the attack “misses”, then what is she evading? After the missed attack, there is nothing to evade. The interaction should stop there.

I think what your not understanding is these Abilities can't tell which went "First", their code just tells them when to activate which means they both activate at the exact same time when the can activate.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I think what your not understanding is these Abilities can't tell which went "First", their code just tells them when to activate which means they both activate at the exact same time when the can activate.
    I think what YOUR not understanding is that’s the reason for this thread. So Kabam can rewrite the “code”. It’s a multi million dollar game, surely they can add an “IF the attack would miss, THEN don’t evade” line somewhere in there. Just like the new stealth spidey only evades IF the player is not blocking.
  • Options

I think what YOUR not understanding is that’s the reason for this thread. So Kabam can rewrite the “code”. It’s a multi million dollar game, surely they can add an “IF the attack would miss, THEN don’t evade” line somewhere in there. Just like the new stealth spidey only evades IF the player is not blocking.
    Easier said than done, with not a big enough payoff...
  • Options

No it shouldn’t it’s not necessary
    Stop being so egotistical just because it’s something you don’t like
    It’s a simple cause and effect and its sad that you can’t see it like that and that you yourself admitted it is.

Please tell me the purpose of the “Suggestions” forum then. Isn’t EVERY suggestion just an “egotistical” rejection of some aspect of the game? I have an idea that I believe will make the game better. If every “cause and effect” was just meant to be accepted by the players, then why have a suggestions forum? Please explain.
  • Options

I agree. The payoff would be zero, and therefore it will probably never get done. Such a shame though, that Kabam has this type of reputation with it’s players.
  • Options

It’s a simple cause and effect and its sad that you can’t see it like that and that you yourself admitted it is.

Please tell me the purpose of the “Suggestions” forum then. Isn’t EVERY suggestion just an “egotistical” rejection of some aspect of the game? I have an idea that I believe will make the game better. If every “cause and effect” was just meant to be accepted by the players, then why have a suggestions forum? Please explain.
    We're not saying there's anything wrong with Suggesting, we're just trying to explain why you shouldn't get your hopes up.
  • Options

We're not saying there's anything wrong with Suggesting, we're just trying to explain why you shouldn't get your hopes up.
    Again, it’s such a shame that this is the mentality of the community.
  • Options

I agree. The payoff would be zero, and therefore it will probably never get done. Such a shame though, that Kabam has this type of reputation with it’s players.
    While I do agree on that in some situations, this is one of those things that's so small I wouldn't expect any Devs to bother with unless they did it from the start/release.
  • Options

Hahah the double standards I love it:

No double standards here. I realized it wasn’t a bug when someone pointed out the precision passive was stopping the evade. I had overlooked that. But the fact still remains that after the attack misses, the interaction is over. No further actions or reactions should occur.
  • Options

I wouldn't expect any Devs to bother with unless they did it from the start/release.
    Unless they had a bunch of free time to work on these smaller things, but remember Kabam is *Constantly* working on new Mechanics, Champions, Quests, Nodes, ect. non stop... Unfortunately this sometimes does lead to smaller things like this having to be put on the Back-Burner/"Maybe Never Folder".
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Again, it’s such a shame that this is the mentality of the community.
    Ohh I didn’t get what I wanted( which is not what I originally wanted since I was complaining about something ENTIRELY different) how sad do I feel now [:(]
    I’m going to assume this interaction/mechanic does not affect you and therefore it shouldn’t be important to anyone. But I’m the egotistical one?