**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dexterity and Dormammu

K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
Honestly, its just ridiculous that I have to redo my mastery setup just to fight Dormammu because of how Dexterity works. Do you guys think Kabam should look into tweaking something to make this interaction more "fun and interactive".

A couple suggestions I've come up with off the top of my head are:
- change the crit buff from dexterity to a crit passive
- just removing the crit buff altogether (no one is using dexterity for that reason)
- allowing you to individual change mastery points so I can at least just remove the one point from dexterity (I should have to spend ~50 units just to fight a specific character).
- make Dormammu's degen not proc for this specific buff

Trying not to whine too hard but it just seems like this interaction has turned into a bit of a cash grab.

Comments

• K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I get that your supposed to parry. It's not that dormammu is impossible to fight and I don't have a problem with his character design. It's just that dexterity isn't what I would consider an optional mastery at this point and we can't all fight literally perfect 100% of the time.

Maybe I'm just a little salty cuz I fought one in dungeons and the chaos node gave it unstoppable right off the start.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Cap Iw and Ghulk are 2 of the best champs for fighting him. If he has unstoppable parry 2 hit till it runs out. I'm not an expert fighter and mess up as well but advice is advice
    I think the point I'm trying to discuss has more to do with dexterity than Dormammu. Kabam could just as easily create a node that has the same effect which would open the gates for some incredibly cruel matchups
    I think that's where the discussion lies. Kabam already conceded that Parry was less of a mastery and more of an essential gameplay mechanic. Are we at a state of the game where dexterity can continue to be a perk or does it deserve the same treatment as Parry got.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    You should have been here last year, lol. This was already nerfed into the ground compared to how it used to be
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    You can always learn to evade differently to avoid triggering dexterity. Dorky Dave has some videos on it if you care to search.
  • ColdriskColdrisk Posts: 7
    Were complaining Dormammu can hurt you in response to using an ability when his degen does little damage but not concerned with iceman wrecking you because the match started?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Nah what annoys me is how dexterity counts as 2 buffs
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Honestly, its just ridiculous that I have to redo my mastery setup just to fight Dormammu because of how Dexterity works. Do you guys think Kabam should look into tweaking something to make this interaction more "fun and interactive".

A couple suggestions I've come up with off the top of my head are:
    - change the crit buff from dexterity to a crit passive
    - just removing the crit buff altogether (no one is using dexterity for that reason)
    - allowing you to individual change mastery points so I can at least just remove the one point from dexterity (I should have to spend ~50 units just to fight a specific character).
    - make Dormammu's degen not proc for this specific buff

Trying not to whine too hard but it just seems like this interaction has turned into a bit of a cash grab.

They already wrecked dormammu with the MD change. If you're still having issues fighting him the problem isn't with the champ design
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Nah what annoys me is how dexterity counts as 2 buffs

This really grinds my gears. Especially against Burden of Might nodes. Dex really should only proc once here.
    edited August 2019
    Coldrisk said:

Were complaining Dormammu can hurt you in response to using an ability when his degen does little damage but not concerned with iceman wrecking you because the match started?

Not a huge fan of that either but at least there are cold immune champs and, with the first look at the proposed changes for Colossus, the devs have seen that they should continue to add more.

Maybe its just time that they finally add a champ that is degen immune. If I'm not mistaken every other form of DoT has immunities
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Is it 2017 again?

Can you take a look at why dexterity counts as 2 buffs is it intended?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★

Is it 2017 again?

Can we have rank down tickets for mystic defenders?

#throwback2017
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    Kabam. Please remove the Buffet node from the game. I don't like how it interacts with dexterity. K thanks.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    People been beating Dormmamu for years and no they won't change it Dexeterity was the reason he got that ability so he would be tough to fight.
  • digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 ★★
    Don’t def as much, duh
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Is it 2017 again?

Must be considering the value of offers hasn’t improved in 2 years mate
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Is it 2017 again?

Must be considering the value of offers hasn’t improved in 2 years mate
    he's not wrong you know (referring to Dark's comment)