**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Disadvantage in recruiting due to Alliance name

Hello Kabam and fellow players. My in game name is Eeyoure and i recently started an alliance under the name Bible Believing Christians a.k.a. BBC. Unfortunately due to chat censoring i cannot type my alliance name into global chat and i am force to recruit under BBC. I have made a video of this incident. When i type the name into chat it will act as if i did not say anything. It will not even censor the name just disappear. I have logged out and back in, tried typing other things, and everything seems to be working accordingly. I dont think its fair that on global, people can get away with using profanity, the n word, however my alliance name cannot be displayed. Is it possible that you can remedy this Kabam? I rather not recruit under the name BBC. I want people to understand what im truly recruiting for. Thank you for your time....

Comments

• Options
    420down420down Posts: 170
    Lmao
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Strange. I've never seen the "N-Word" used in Global. It's censored. I also never knew that "Bible Believing Christians" would be censored.
  • Options
    Fhap1234Fhap1234 Posts: 62
    BBC... hahahaha hahahaha
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    why would you name your alliance that ?
  • Options
    XMEN1994XMEN1994 Posts: 51
    edited May 2017
    Just quit your alliance and create a new one. Oh and try coming up with a more appropriate name than BBC. :p

This thread is pure comedy.
  • Options
    EeyoureEeyoure Posts: 14
    My desire is to create a Christian alliance under the name bible believing christians. There would be no issue if i was allowed to spell out the entirety of the name. Your opinions of my alliance name is completely irrelevant although respected. I rather have an alliance that associates solely with like minded individuals who share an interest in the lord like i do. Using the abbreviation BBC is humiliating and detours. I mean im a guy so i realized the folly of my abbreviation rather quickly.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    The in game censorship decision making is odd to say the least--I've had perfectly inoffensive language struck down, and I've seen taunts and foul language pop up without a problem. Likewise, there are more than a few alliances named after lewd acts or which use profanity (sometimes disguised) in their names that aren't censored.

I'm not suggesting that targeting is going on--far from it and, in fact, the problem seems to be that the censorship engine often operates in an illogical manner. But it doesn't seem like a tall order to permit BBC to use its full name in game chat so long as they aren't violating any other rules or standards. And they also might want to think about using other channels for recruiting that aren't similarly constrained.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    Eeyoure wrote: »
    My desire is to create a Christian alliance under the name bible believing christians. There would be no issue if i was allowed to spell out the entirety of the name. Your opinions of my alliance name is completely irrelevant although respected. I rather have an alliance that associates solely with like minded individuals who share an interest in the lord like i do. Using the abbreviation BBC is humiliating and detours. I mean im a guy so i realized the folly of my abbreviation rather quickly.

It's a weird problem lol. They don't individually block words or phrases. It's a paid for index. Hopefully they can put in an exclusion for you.
  • Options
    Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Bro, BBC !?? No wonder people won't join hahaahah :D
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    I heard Kim Kardashian plays the game...is she in your alliance?
  • Options
    Hey there, so yeah, as you're aware there could be other reasons that "BBC" isn't being allowed in the in game chat. Since this is kind of a one-off type of issue though that isn't affecting more than your alliance, the forums aren't the best place for it. Please either Submit a Support ticket to request additional assistance, or send Moderation a PM so we can look into this further.

As other players won't really be able to assist with this, I'm going to close the thread down now.
This discussion has been closed.