**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus Immunity in AQ Not working properly

tafretafre Posts: 631 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Like most ppl I use Corvus in AQ and when I am about to die the sig ability saves me from dying on certain occasions and before this update I was able to force quit right when I was about to die and restart the fight. However after the most recent patch, this is not the case anymore. I reopen the game only to find the opponent at full health and my Corvus is dead. This was not in the patch notes as I recall, can this be looked into?

P.S. Also if anybody comes here to say that that is an overpowered ability and it should have been fixed, so should other bugs but we have a myriad of bugs not being adressed while this gets changed? That is my answer to you, you know who you are so pls do not derail this discussion with ur nonsense. Regards,

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    You don’t force quit, you pause and let the timer run out. If you force quit the game has always had the chance to treat that as fa real disconnect
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    You shouldn't ever have been able to force quit and keep your health. They stopped that a long time ago. Corvus isnt immune to force quitting if that's what you mean by your title either.

His sig works as such- if you are at 1% health it removes 4 glaive charges until.they are gone, then you aren't immune to bleed and coldsnap.

Maybe try playing better instead of finding loopholes to keep from dying.
  • Options

You shouldn't ever have been able to force quit and keep your health. They stopped that a long time ago. Corvus isnt immune to force quitting if that's what you mean by your title either.

His sig works as such- if you are at 1% health it removes 4 glaive charges until.they are gone, then you aren't immune to bleed and coldsnap.

Its not a matter of keeping your health, it is a matter of not dying, its a matter of the boss going back to full.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Its not a matter of keeping your health, it is a matter of not dying, its a matter of the boss going back to full.
    Doesn't matter. Force quitting/timing out om purpose shouldnt habe an impact on CGs immunities nor should it be a tactic in the game.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Doesn't matter. Force quitting/timing out om purpose shouldnt habe an impact on CGs immunities nor should it be a tactic in the game.
    Timing out on purpose to keep from dieing has always been a part of timed content, be it intentionally pausing or blocking/evading until the time runs out.. It is in there intentionally, which is why you lose half your health.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Timing out on purpose to keep from dieing has always been a part of timed content, be it intentionally pausing or blocking/evading until the time runs out.. It is in there intentionally, which is why you lose half your health.
    Timing out due to not being strong enough to defeat the defender is a thing. Timing out to reset the fight is a side effect of having that timer. I don't remember Kabam stating that its a strategy when they introduced AQ and AW. They tried putting a stop to it with the force close exploit.

Also, super sorry about my horrendous spelling lol. Just saw what I typed. Damn cellphones.
  • Options
    if it was not intended all they would have to do is kill you like in any other content.
  • Options
    Again, its my opinion that intentional time outs goes against the intention of the timer. My interpertation of the timer isnt that you should pause it and let it run out to save the fight. Its that you have to finish the fight in that time. I have CG and have never needed to use this "tactic".
  • Options

Again, its my opinion that intentional time outs goes against the intention of the timer. My interpertation of the timer isnt that you should pause it and let it run out to save the fight. Its that you have to finish the fight in that time. I have CG and have never needed to use this "tactic".

then go to suggestions and request a change, it has nothing to do with this post.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

then go to suggestions and request a change, it has nothing to do with this post.
    Well if you want to take that route, show me where it says "if you are losing a fight with Corvus Glaive or any other champion just pause the game and time out. That way, you don't die, and don't use revives. This is what timers were intended for in the first place". I'd really like to see that statement from Kabam. If you can show me proof that it's what the timer was meant for. I'll bow out of the conversation gracefully.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Well if you want to take that route, show me where it says "if you are losing a fight with Corvus Glaive or any other champion just pause the game and time out. That way, you don't die, and don't use revives. This is what timers were intended for in the first place". I'd really like to see that statement from Kabam. If you can show me proof that it's what the timer was meant for. I'll bow out of the conversation gracefully.
    I dont need to show you that because all I have to do is show you that timing out causes only half life loss, and no health gain by the opponent.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Timeouts don’t meant your dying either. But kind agerd with some of your point if wasn’t that impact befor covus com to the game but you shuld alest be a 1 hp either you decided to use post or not in AQ it don’t havet that much of a impact as in AW in AW you don’t use that tactic because that wil count as a dead.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I dont need to show you that because all I have to do is show you that timing out causes only half life loss, and no health gain by the opponent.
    I get that. I understand that is what a timeout means. I'm saying show me where Kabam says the intention of a time is for you to pause the game and let time run out so that you only lose half of your life instead of dying because you didn't fight well.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I get that. I understand that is what a timeout means. I'm saying show me where Kabam says the intention of a time is for you to pause the game and let time run out so that you only lose half of your life instead of dying because you didn't fight well.
    Because they implemented it and allow it, show me where it is not there intention
  • Options
    JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    edited August 2019

So the timer should only benefit Kabam? If I’m not strong enough to finish the fight in the allotted time I lose half my health for nothing? But if I time out on purpose to avoid a sp3 from a stubborn Hyperion it’s frowned upon? It should go both ways, if they don’t want us to exploit the timer, then remove it.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    tafre said:

Like most ppl I use Corvus in AQ and when I am about to die the sig ability saves me from dying on certain occasions and before this update I was able to force quit right when I was about to die and restart the fight. However after the most recent patch, this is not the case anymore. I reopen the game only to find the opponent at full health and my Corvus is dead. This was not in the patch notes as I recall, can this be looked into?

P.S. Also if anybody comes here to say that that is an overpowered ability and it should have been fixed, so should other bugs but we have a myriad of bugs not being adressed while this gets changed? That is my answer to you, you know who you are so pls do not derail this discussion with ur nonsense. Regards,

The circumstances you describe of force quitting a fight to restart it was not intended behavior and was fixed.
This discussion has been closed.