**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Frequency of global nodes changes in AW

KaspyKaspy Posts: 155 ★★★
I thought I read once upon a time that the global nodes we choose for each BG would be changing each season. Is that not the case? If not, what will the frequency to updates be that we can expect.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    They are about to do a beta test for new ones. I'd say at least every other since most likely new season starts Wednesday.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★

They are about to do a beta test for new ones. I'd say at least every other since most likely new season starts Wednesday.

That’s for aq not aw
    SCZ said:

That’s for aq not aw
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157367/beta-test-optional-alliance-quest-modifiers#latest

@SCZ is it though?
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 280 ★★★

SCZ said:

That’s for aq not aw
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157367/beta-test-optional-alliance-quest-modifiers#latest

@SCZ is it though?
    Yes. " We've been hard at work on a new feature that will allow individual Battlegroups to add a Global Buff to the Map of their choice. This will be a completely optional addition to Alliance Quests, and is intended for users who have mastered their preferred Alliance Quest Maps, and want some extra challenge for additional rewards."
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

SCZ said:

That’s for aq not aw
    forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157367/beta-test-optional-alliance-quest-modifiers#latest

@SCZ is it though?
  • Hey Everybody,

We don't have a set cadence for when we'll be changing/updating Defence Tactics buffs, though we don't want them to get too stale. We'll definitely let you know before we change them though.
  • SCZ said:

That’s for aq not aw

@SCZ is it though?
    Yes. " We've been hard at work on a new feature that will allow individual Battlegroups to add a Global Buff to the Map of their choice. This will be a completely optional addition to Alliance Quests, and is intended for users who have mastered their preferred Alliance Quest Maps, and want some extra challenge for additional rewards."
    Summoners!

We're always looking into new ways to keep Alliance Wars interesting, and dynamic. We've been hard at work on a new feature that will allow individual Battlegroups to add a Global Buff to the Map of their choice. This will be a completely optional addition to Alliance Quests, and is intended for users who have mastered their preferred Alliance Quest Maps, and want some extra challenge for additional rewards.

Seems to be a typo, though, judging from the rest of the announcement.
    That is a typo. Fixed it!
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 155 ★★★

Hey Everybody,

We don't have a set cadence for when we'll be changing/updating Defence Tactics buffs, though we don't want them to get too stale. We'll definitely let you know before we change them though.

In my opinion they are already starting to get stale. Mostly come across bulwark node with IMIW middle minis nowadays. I have seen a few BGs using dodge, but doesn’t happen to often.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited September 2019

Hey Everybody,

Might not be the right post for this but how does the boss get the global node if it's only an outgoing node coming FROM the boss to EVERYTHING ELSE? Is that intentional or just missed all season?
    I 100% stand corrected. I read the post and was invited to the Beta which I swear up and down it was for AW. My apologies for the mis-information.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I think Kabam did a good job on Defence Tactics. They're a very interesting concept. Sure, they might not all be being used as much as each other, but hey it was their first public test of it. I look forward to seeing them change (from the perspective of a guy who doesn't need to deal with them).
    Maybe something could be added to make it advisable to use a variety of Defence Tactics? Like there's a weaker version of each Defence Tactic that is placed if you use the same Defence Tactic too often? I dunno... just some feature that makes it beneficial to use a variety of Defence Tactics.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

I think Kabam did a good job on Defence Tactics. They're a very interesting concept. Sure, they might not all be being used as much as each other, but hey it was their first public test of it. I look forward to seeing them change (from the perspective of a guy who doesn't need to deal with them).
    Maybe something could be added to make it advisable to use a variety of Defence Tactics? Like there's a weaker version of each Defence Tactic that is placed if you use the same Defence Tactic too often? I dunno... just some feature that makes it beneficial to use a variety of Defence Tactics.

I think you’d change your mind if you actually had to deal with them. Dominos all over the place with dodge global is super fun and interactive.