**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Defense Tactics vs Abilities

TheCleanerTheCleaner Posts: 28
edited October 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
In Alliance War, when facing a Size Small Defender when the Defense Tactic is Dodge (S Defenders have a 5% chance to evade), the question is:

Is it intentional that Coldsnap doesn't prevent the opponent from evading?
Is it intentional that True Strike doesn't prevent the opponent from evading?

I would think that both would be effective strategies for dealing with the selected tactic/nodes, but I'm still seeing evades. Example enemy: Quake

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

In Alliance War, when facing a Size Small Defender when the Defense Tactic is Dodge (S Defenders have a 5% chance to evade), the question is:

I would think that both would be effective strategies for dealing with the selected tactic/nodes, but I'm still seeing evades. Example enemy: Quake

did you have a concussion on by chance, and do you have a video? I use Corvus with prox and I dont see any evades past the first.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

did you have a concussion on by chance, and do you have a video? I use Corvus with prox and I dont see any evades past the first.
    Why would concussion stop coldsnap or true strike from working? If they’re applied they should just work
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Lormif said:

Why would concussion stop coldsnap or true strike from working? If they’re applied they should just work
    it may be an issue with quakes "always evade" while under concussion Always and never are special words. In addition I ont know if truestrike can be affected by the concussion's AAR, or if not it could be a bug

I am not saying it should in any ways, but that it may, asking for clarification this is why I also asked for a video, note I did not claim quake should.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lormif said:

it may be an issue with quakes "always evade" while under concussion Always and never are special words. In addition I ont know if truestrike can be affected by the concussion's AAR, or if not it could be a bug

I am not saying it should in any ways, but that it may, asking for clarification this is why I also asked for a video, note I did not claim quake should.
    Makes sense, I missed the quake part
  • TheCleanerTheCleaner Posts: 28
    I didn't video it but lately I've been considering recording everything in AW due to weirdnesses.

I have Quake and love using her. I don't recall being concussed, but I was not letting her hold highs on me either. Hard to know 💯 without the video.
  • Hey there, would you happen to remember if this happened against any champions aside from Quake, or what other node buffs were active for the fights in question?