**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best way to introduce 6* champs, makes too much sense

Hello everyone, I think the following way would be the best way to introduce 6* champs into the game.

"Evolution" aka rank up ticket from 5* to 6* or evolution catalysts that allows you to evolve 5* to 6*.

Now why entertain this idea? Because by doing it this way you wouldn't devalue 5* champions. Also instead of getting screwed by unlucky pulls at least we can pick who to bring up to 6* also.

Please post your comments and support if you agree.

I feel this idea makes too much sense not to do it this way!!!

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I wouldn't want to face a 6* duped Dorm...

(And they are releasing a lot of good 5*s in the basic crystals. Allowing people to 6* any 5* they want would ruin the game's balance. They will probably start with a bunch of trash 6*s and 1 or 2 good champs)
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    i like it!
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Because every 6* would be Dorm/AA/GP/Magik/DV/etc, and things would be crazy at the very top. It also defeats the point of a 'collect'em all' game when you can just choose your next tier of champs, and not worry about good ole Lady Luck sticking her thumb in your eye =P
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    I agree and made a similar post yesterday that was shutdown. In my post, I suggested only being able to advance a 5* champ after it has reached max 5/65. Then we could advance to 6* 1/1.

Sure, that means only the best champs would be advanced. But each top player would only be advancing one or two champs, they could even limit it by allowing each account to do this twice. That way we keep our favorite champs and everyone is a little less hopeless about having to restart their collection.

This would obviously be in addition to the standard way they will add of obtaining 6* champs.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    It's the system which is in place in Marvel Future Fight.

And @Haji_Saab, who owns Marvel Future Fight?

Get ready for full scale conspiracy theory boys and girls.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Should be in place here too, not sure why anyone needs 5 versions of the same champ when you can just add a new level to the old version. Just make the andvancement materials extremely difficult to obtain, kinda like T2As are now.
  • I definitely agree. I dabbled in MFF and this was one of the big advantages over MCOC is that if you invested in a champ you didn't feel like your investment was completely thrown out the window once you needed to get to a higher stage in the game because you just keep ranking the same champ. It was a much better feeling sense of progression.

I like the idea of starting a "permanent" type of champ progression with the 5*s, people have spent so much resources in them already it feels really bad that they will just be obsolete eventually like 4* champs.
  • Hey everyone, we do really appreciate the feedback and if you want to discuss 6-Star Champions, we've got a thread about it that I've linked below. Since we'd like to keep the conversation focused in one place, I'll be closing this thread, but you can continue giving your thoughts and feedback on 6-Star Champs in the discussion below:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

This discussion has been closed.