**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Doom taking shock damage vs. Electro

Dooms ability stats his Titanium Armor makes him immune to shock effects. Wouldn’t that make him immune to Electro’s shock when being struck?
I was curious and fought against an Electro cause I thought he wouldn’t receive damage... but that’s not the case.

Comments

• Nothing_hereNothing_here Posts: 97
    The damage received while hitting Electro is energy damage, not shock damage.
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    I’m still thinking Kabam needs to clarify that a bit better. Electro ability says it’s a Static Shock. Yes, it does energy damage but it’s still a shock effect.

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★

I’m still thinking Kabam needs to clarify that a bit better. Electro ability says it’s a Static Shock. Yes, it does energy damage but it’s still a shock effect.

static shock does not = shock effect unfortunately. its called static shock but its straight energy damage. static shock is just the name of the ability
  • Hey there, Static Shock is a separate type of straight Energy Damae, and is different than what would be considered a Shock effect.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    The name is really misleading for new players though, perhaps state in his abilities that it is not considered as shock effects.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★

The name is really misleading for new players though, perhaps state in his abilities that it is not considered as shock effects.

It already is. Just disregard the name of the ability and you will see it only deals energy damage