**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Prepare to be banned for Kabam's mistake..

I'm sure you all know about the newest glitch, receiving billions of gold. As a fair warning, please DO NOT claim the rewards, there is a chance that your account will be banned, even though it is Kabam's fault 100%. This is not like the EQ exploit when people were willingly abusing a glitch, Kabam might ban you for collecting rewards like everyone does...

Comments

• MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    Heck no man. I claimed it without noticing how much it was until I glanced at my gold resource. Kabam better not get trigger happy.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Kabam won't ban you lmao, don't be so dense. They'll just rollback the gold and what you've done with it.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    I claimed it and used about 2k, I didn't even notice, I never look at the gold amount I've had millions of it forever. I will be very upset if I now get banned from using this game because of this.
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 137
    They aren't wal-mart they hate roll back
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    They're gonna pretty much ban their whole player base? Yeah ok lmao. This bug is dumb to begin with, like how tf did this even happen lol.
  • MouselokMouselok Posts: 1
    I can't fix my masteries due to this gold glitch. I figured they were just being generous. HELP!!!
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Yeah no way anyone is getting banned. EVERYONE got this that is in an alliance and finished a war today. Banning over half of your player base from a mistake you made isn't a good PR move.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    KML15 wrote: »
    Yeah no way anyone is getting banned. EVERYONE got this that is in an alliance and finished a war today. Banning over half of your player base from a mistake you made isn't a good PR move.

None of their moves are good PR moves lol
  • UltraLDUltraLD Posts: 28
    They better ban everyone that claimed the gold! At a minimum they better send out a nasty email to everyone calling them cheaters and telling them how they broke the TOS and next time they will be banned. :wink:
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    NormanBJJ wrote: »
    KML15 wrote: »

None of their moves are good PR moves lol

VALID POINT!! lol
  • UltraLDUltraLD Posts: 28
    edited September 2017
    They should at least ban the top 7% who egregiously exploited it and claimed the most gold.
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    UltraLD wrote: »
    They should at least ban the top 7% who egregiously exploited it and claimed the most gold.

SOme people have over trillions of gold, i wont give out names but that is some good stuff right there lol
  • Just wanted to give a bit of insight on this. I'd advise anyone who hasn't claimed these large amounts of Gold from AW to refrain from claiming them, for now.

I'd also like to say that this is a different situation from the Event Quest rewards exploit; bans that were issued for that exploit were only issued for knowingly using the exploit many times, not for accidentally getting extra rewards once.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Just wanted to give a bit of insight on this. I'd advise anyone who hasn't claimed these large amounts of Gold from AW to refrain from claiming them, for now.

I'd also like to say that this is a different situation from the Event Quest rewards exploit; bans that were issued for that exploit were only issued for knowingly using the exploit many times, not for accidentally getting extra rewards once.

You guys really need a Ingame broadcast system that sends emergency messages like this to everyone ingame
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    edited September 2017

What happens if people put them in the alliance treasury
    Just wanted to give a bit of insight on this. I'd advise anyone who hasn't claimed these large amounts of Gold from AW to refrain from claiming them, for now.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Donyb wrote: »
    What happens if people put them in the alliance treasury

They have internal statistics. They have records of how much you were awarded. I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming they would have to remove it manually.
  • I claimed them put it in my AW Treasury without knowing what will happen?
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Ok claimed and i had around 3.8mil so i basically used the gold I had from ranking vp I would be at about 3.5mil but had 4.5mil gold so please take the 4.5mil away please kabam
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    To be honest i think everyone should spend gold. That way every person in the game will get a ban and Kabam will lose millions.
  • BrnbbyBrnbby Posts: 51
    You can have it all back for one five star spider Gwen to match this **** avatar I've got.
  • I claimed it without even paying attention ... I was all concerned about the shards amount I got from the war ...

Now I'm in jeporday of getting banned?

I had 28,000 before .. I spent some gold on two 3 star characters ..not much and probably the amount of the money i already had ...

Why do people have to pay for another mans mistake? .. I'm not touching the gold no,more til the situation is fixed
  • Im not using anymore used it thinking it was 8 million gold for like being testers in the new war map or something donated some to the treasury without thinking warned my whole alliance not to touch it so plz fix this
    Kabam won't ban you lmao, don't be so dense. They'll just rollback the gold and what you've done with it.

Explain to me how they plan on rolling back what somebody did with 2k worth of gold when they had several million in gold before the error. They gosh darn well better not roll back anything I did.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★

Explain to me how they plan on rolling back what somebody did with 2k worth of gold when they had several million in gold before the error. They gosh darn well better not roll back anything I did.

If they rollback any gold u had prior to the glitch will still be urs
    UltraLD wrote: »
    They better ban everyone that claimed the gold! At a minimum they better send out a nasty email to everyone calling them cheaters and telling them how they broke the TOS and next time they will be banned. :wink:

I would expect to see that letter.
  • edited September 2017
    We have a new post on this subject that might shed a little more light on the subject: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/20905/regarding-gold-from-skirmish-rewards-and-issues-in-arenas-following-claiming-skirmish-rewards

Closing this thread down because it is pretty non-constructive.
This discussion has been closed.