**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Everything Bugged With White Magneto

I made a couple posts about white Magneto a while ago, but the last response from Kabam was over a week ago and Magneto's still as bugged as ever. I feel that if I can get a full report of his bug in this post then maybe it'll make it easier for Kabam to fix him so that less of the playerbase is screwed over by the bug. Anyways, here goes.

Ever since the release of V 28.1.0 White Magneto has been bugged. He was also bugged in the Content Creator Beta as you can see in Seatin's videos (he even pointed out he was bugged). However, he was still not fixed before the buff was released in the live servers. He is till this day (September 18th) still bugged.

The bugs I’ve noticed are all listed below. Keep in mind, there may be some interactions and other small bugs I’ve missed, but these are the major ones I’ve noticed.

Pre-Fight ability: Magneto's pre fight ability states that "#Metal and #Hero attackers trigger Passive Stun effects with the Parry Mastery instead of Debuffs which gain +0.5 seconds duration". Whenever you use Magneto House of X's Pre-Fight ability on either a #Hero or #Metal champion, the passive stun doesn't always apply. It only applies about 6/10 of the times instead of all the time like it's supposed to. This bug affects every Metal and Hero champion that can use his Pre-Fight and it happens everywhere, it is not limited to a specific quest.

Magneto himself never triggers the passive stun while facing a metal champion. It's like facing a stun immune opponent. However, against non-metal opponents he triggers it more often like 6/10 times as other champs do.

Cruelty Buff: Magneto’s sp3 gives him a 40 second cruelty buff. “While this cruelty buff is active, Magneto’s existing prowess buffs remain paused.” However, that is not the case since his prowess buffs still fall off even while the cruelty is active. I did a lot of testing and the prowess buffs he had before activating the sp3 all manage to fall off. This only happens in matchups when Magneto faces metal opponents and doesn’t happen when he faces non-metal opponents.

Push-Back: When the passive stun does apply from Magneto’s pre-fight, the attacking champion is pushed back slightly. It isn’t as bad now since the push-back is smaller and every champ can reach the opponent but it’s annoying nonetheless.

Weird Interactions: I made a post about this earlier but seems Kabam didn’t care enough to acknowledge such a massive bug. I used Magneto’s pre-fight ability against the Grandmaster in 6.4.6. I brought him in to help my champs along the path and for the 15% attack bonus he’d give my champs against the Grandmaster. I used colossus against him since I’d heard he was a great option for the fight. Little did I know that a passive stun doesn’t count as a parry in the Grandmaster’s first phase. That meant I was stuck and had to restart the quest since all of my champs were either #Hero or #Metal champs and they would all apply the passive stun.
I kept on rereading the Granmaster’s abilities and nowhere does it mention that in his first phase you have to apply a stun debuff from the parry mastery. All it states is “These tactics are: Parry an attack, use dexterity, andland a light attack”. So all I needed to do was parry, but I parried like 10 times to no avail. The tactic was still not getting banned.

The Magneto bug has gone on for too long now. I used him in a lot of content such as act 6.4 and Variant 2. I used him so that he would make content easier for me, not harder. His passive stun not triggering has cost me many units and revives. His nasty interaction with the grandmaster and who knows where else has affected many players who use him. Reg Magneto has been the star of this update and he is performing fabulously. This bug has completely undermined and for many, ruined the buff for White Magneto.

I would recommend to anyone reading this to hold off on using white magneto until he’s fixed (if ever). Don’t be like me and go on a content rampage while he’s bugged (unless you wanna blow hundreds of units). I hope this post makes it easier for Kabam to fix Magneto.

Pictures of bugs

Video of Grandmaster fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBERYGnozMk

Comments

• I'm pretty annoyed by this too. I have both Magneto's in 6*, and I was honestly really impressed by the concept of HoX's buff. While red stands alone as a hard-hitter, I think that in the long run, white Mags as a more useful kit for annoying fights.

Players have been bringing this up for 3 weeks now since the buff was released, and he's still stuck as a self-defeating champ who loses half his prowess kit after a few fights or strips himself and his team of a core combat function.

His only saving grace is that he's a decent champ without the broken features:

-bleed immune
    -AAR on #metal champs
    -Good synergies with #metal and #hero champs
    -Decent SP damage with 3 heavy prowess stacks
    -Armor break
    -Bleed & degen for #metal champions

Ironically enough, I think that the fact that he's (1) still an OK champ, and (2) outshined by love for classic mags have bumped down the priority on a fix. We have a champ who's most hyped-functionality is completely broken, and there's not 1/10th the outrage that there was when Kabam was looking into Corvus' sig ability interaction in AQ timeouts.

• Vassili24Vassili24 Posts: 109
    Great break down. Hopefully they fix it soon. I’d love to see how good the synergy and Magneto could be. Unfortunately, I don’t think the Colossus interaction will change which is unfortunate because he’s a metal mutant hero that should really benefit.
  • Hey there, we already have threads going for some of these issues. The thread for the issues with his pre-fight Stun not correctly applying can be found here while the thread for the Champions pushing opponents back at a different distance when the pre-fight is active can be found here. If you have any specific information or video in relation to those, you can feel free to share them there.

For other bugs, we'd ask that you report them in any threads that may already be going for them or to start a thread for the individual issue using the forum bug report template. Attempting to post about multiple bugs can make it difficult for other players to find the separate issues and know where to share their information, while also making it harder for the team to sort any information shared in the thread and keep track of which players are sharing info on which topics.
This discussion has been closed.