**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank Down tickets needed to remain competative in AW

Tonberry_kingTonberry_king Posts: 47
edited October 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Hello,
As it seems defender diversity is the name of the game in AW, a large percentage of players who spent catalysts/ISO on what were once good choices for defense are now in a pickle.

I realize that most of the top alliances already have maxed out every possible character and can diversify across all 3 BGs. But there are many of us in lower tiers and less accomplished alliances who still would like to succeed in AW and let's face it defense is where it is all decided.

If possible all I would like to see would be enough rank down tickets to adjust maybe 3 to 5 champions. Not the large amount we received after 12.0.

I feel very frustrated that the champions that many of us invested resources in are now unable to be used due to prioritizing diversity. To be honest there are champions I would have let sit at rank 3 forever if they didn't used to be so effective as defenders combined with some of the old nodes. The whole mechanic of Alliance War has changed, please give us mercy and the ability to arm ourselves to compete and have fun in this new system appropriately.

Please like or comment if you have further insight. Please refrain from commenting if you're in a top 100 alliance flowing with t4c and have duped every champion in the contest already and this isn't an issue for you.

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Comments

• ijkkoijkko Posts: 37
    Kabam will not hear you, all they need is money.
  • ijkkoijkko Posts: 37
    edited October 2017
    maybe you can once buy some rank down tickets, for 199€
  • Ill agree with you on this one that they should give us rank downs, We spent our gold and items to rank champs we would never rank to help in the new diversity mode of the new AW only for KABAM to negate it and stick us with **** champs ranked up. This should be a no brainer for them to issue rank downs to us since as usual they put us in this situation.
  • Tonberry_kingTonberry_king Posts: 47
    Yes!
  • I agree with you totally.i cant really use so many heroes of mine now,for example the r5 4* classic spidey.waste of t4 basic and class.for wahat?to use them just in arena?joke,bad joke.....
  • raonraon Posts: 4
    I have a slightly unpopular view on RDTs. So hear me out before you flag this response.
    I think RDTs should be awarded only for champs who have been ranked in the past 2months (I am flexible on this time frame) or better yet, not at all. Why?

Consider my example. I have been playing since the game came out. I am currently in a tier 2 aw and 600+ AQ alliance. So average profile not a grinder and almost ftp player (<100$ lifetime). Now I am not exactly overflowing with cats so I understand your frustration. But here is the deal,
    1. For the past 6-8 months I have used the champs whom I ranked up for defense and they did really well. So I have, to a certain extent, reaped rewards for my investment in these champs. If these champs loose their importance after using them for so long, thats fine right?
    2. If kabam handed out RDTs then sure I will reuse them on different/diverse champs but this does not benefit me or my alliance. Since this is a competitive game, all of us are in the same boat. The mid tier alliances are currently putting 4/40 and 3/30 on defense to max out diversity. So our wars are decided on defender rating (which relates directly to higher number of ranked champs). If we are given RDTs, we all rank 5 diverse champs and decide wars on defender rating. So what did we gain here?

This game is about progression. If the rules are not modified time to time then all we need is AQ (3 attack), AW (5 defense + 3 Attack) champs and no more rank ups will be needed. I agree that current changes to AW need to be revisited but RDT does not help with it. Changes which reward skill (*defender kills* ) will do better in not pre deciding the war.

tldr - They need to revisit the design of AW to make wars more competitive. Giving RDT will mean everyone rank 5s champs for diversity and we are still stuck on defender rating.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    They've commented on Tickets already. They're not for changes to content. They're for changes to the basic functionality of existing Champs.
  • They’d be extremely nice but because they used that little loophole of changing the game rather than the champs, RDTs won’t be issued so we sorta have to deal with it. Look at it like this- to fully beat the game everything must be explored and all champs would have to be maxed out so even if you ranked up trash champs they help progress you’re profile to a truly end game state
  • Hey everyone! While I'm very much appreciative of how constructive this thread has been, this particular topic has come up many, many times before.

Our friend Kabam Miike made a post about this particular issue right here.

As this topic has been covered multiple times before, I'll be closing this one down.
This discussion has been closed.