**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Where did the idea of ​​the "Blessing of Hera" for Hercules come from?

I'm not a deep connoisseur of the character in the comics, but I know that in mythology the two characters are fierce enemies, and as far as I could ascertain this is also repeated in the comics. Furthermore, it is clear that Hercules' powers come from his paternal lineage. Was it a creative freedom from the team or were you inspired by some version of the character?

Comments

• SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

Our Hercules is rooted in the lore of the Comics, but in actuality, that lore is quite similar to that of Roman and Greek mythology. We're not saying that Hercules and Hera are friends in any way, but go back and take a look at where Hercules's power comes from. He wouldn't have his divine powers without Hera.

Thanks for answering! I'll read about it, but I understand better now.
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Our Hercules is rooted in the lore of the Comics, but in actuality, that lore is quite similar to that of Roman and Greek mythology. We're not saying that Hercules and Hera are friends in any way, but go back and take a look at where Hercules's power comes from. He wouldn't have his divine powers without Hera.

@Kabam Miike will Hercules be in the Special Cavalier Crystals next month. He Is in one of his own Synergy’s.

Plus for those who voted for him it will be nice to have a chance to get him this month other than arena
    He will probably not be in the crystals and them letting us choose a champion is good enough
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

Hoitado said:

@Kabam Miike will Hercules be in the Special Cavalier Crystals next month. He Is in one of his own Synergy’s.

Plus for those who voted for him it will be nice to have a chance to get him this month other than arena
    He will probably not be in the crystals and them letting us choose a champion is good enough

Not when you factor in that it’ll be months until you can actually play them if that.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,792 ★★★★★

only version I can think of where she’s nice to him is the animated Disney movie

which is because they left out that whole "Zeus is a serial cheat" thing and she's his mom.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    The blessing of Hera is basically for 2 things. 1. She nursed him which gave him divine strength and stamina
    2. She sent 2 snakes to kill him when he was a baby, which he strangled to death, making him famous in diapers, lol. It's why his name changed from Alcides to Heracles(Glory from Hera) in the Greek myths, and Hercules is actually his Roman name after he became a god
    I read Herc's spotlight and my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined to find he has no ability called "The Gift" or "Have at Thee".

Kabam, you're an absolute joke.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    edited July 2021
    I thought the most worrying thing was the sinergy of romance with Wolverine, as it was in an alternate reality, in the mind of some crazy writer...

I read Herc's spotlight and my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined to find he has no ability called "The Gift" or "Have at Thee".

Kabam, you're an absolute joke.

BTW, to the 2 twerps who 'disagreed', the last part was a joke.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

I thought the most worrying thing was the sinergy of romance with Wolverine, as it was in an alternate reality, in the mind of some crazy writer...

If you're worrying about same sex romance for a character based in Greek mythology... I've got some bad news for you...
    ItsDamien said:

Gomezlink said:

If you're worrying about same sex romance for a character based in Greek mythology... I've got some bad news for you...
    yeah, like bestiality. ****. incest.