**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ map 5 (4, 3, 2, 1) difficulty ARE YOU KIDDING?

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
Hi team; @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos et al....

Map 5 was fun and a great choice for TBs who still wanted to play and progress, but doesn't want the hassle of higher AQ maps..... Don't like higher maps? So a lower, less stressful one! Great idea.

Until this week and then hello 340k health, 15k attack torch, with 15% Regen buffet *on day 3*!

And all named champion defenders 5/65 6* so taking 25% damage reduction due to Challenger rating. So now I have Alli chat filled with grumbles again and a bunch of 11k to 12.5k prestige people wondering if it all is worth it anymore.

Why has every non drone defender been set to 5/65 six star? Why do you have a mini that does 15k damage through block if you block an sp2 AND regens 46k health if you dex instead? We have multiple deaths on voids, just due to block damage.

Storm Pyramid X had roughly 180k health on day 5 the other week. Now we have 330k health on day 3 with double the attack. If you are trying to make people walk away from the game, you are definitely going about it the right way.

Comments

• Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    There is already a merched post for this and some reaction of kabam (not a satisfying reaction but a reaction).
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

and plus he became bleed immune too... are you kidding me

He is supposed to be bleed immune. That's a node they gave him, planned from the beginning. Obviously the other insane issues make it seem worse, but it is not an issue in itself.
  • Pdubs77Pdubs77 Posts: 34
    It definitely sucks, but another option is Mr Fantastic, I got the solo this morning. Still significant block damage and I got clipped twice but it’s possible
  • Pdubs77Pdubs77 Posts: 34

• SpawnssSpawnss Posts: 13
    I just don't understand why they did this at all...sure void is a good counter but out of my entire alliance there are only 2 players that have a void ....I have 2 accounts and don't have a void on either one and I'm over a million on both and we are being stuck on level 2 human torch..I've been using caiw just parry and heavy but he still regens and I melt away...but he atleast gets some damage in before I have to revive and start over but to put a HT on second level like that is crazy..way to much if you don't have the certain champ then Karam make sure everyone gets that specific champ needed
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Spawnss said:

I just don't understand why they did this at all...sure void is a good counter but out of my entire alliance there are only 2 players that have a void ....I have 2 accounts and don't have a void on either one and I'm over a million on both and we are being stuck on level 2 human torch..I've been using caiw just parry and heavy but he still regens and I melt away...but he atleast gets some damage in before I have to revive and start over but to put a HT on second level like that is crazy..way to much if you don't have the certain champ then Karam make sure everyone gets that specific champ needed

It wasn't intended. They've said that in the mega thread. None of what you're seeing in map 5 is supposed to be that way.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,140 ★★★★

The second torch is bleed immune. If they took the bleed immunity away it would mean more than just void can do the fight. Right now it's too niche
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Thanks @Pdubs77 and @Sharperthanyou - we are getting him down and are 100% all three days and will probably push through for days 4 and 5 too.

But all of a sudden, AQ map 5 has gone from a low stress option, to a pain. And it's not just torch (although at this rate, on day 5 he'll be 400k, 60k Regen, 22k attack). Aegon with 200 combo is taking 50 hits to get through 100k health hood or dorm for example, because they are 5/65 six stars, so armor and challenge rating reduce aegon's crit rate and damage by that much.

That's aegon, the king of crits. At 200 combo.

As one of my Alli mates just said, kabam seem to have really....... AQ up this time.
  • SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    SandeepS said:

The second torch is bleed immune. If they took the bleed immunity away it would mean more than just void can do the fight. Right now it's too niche
    Yes, this was a niche fight even before the added difficulty this round. I was a bit surprised that they brought him back as a mini-boss. It definitely did not make me excited to play the AQ.
  • SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180

Thanks @Pdubs77 and @Sharperthanyou - we are getting him down and are 100% all three days and will probably push through for days 4 and 5 too.

But all of a sudden, AQ map 5 has gone from a low stress option, to a pain. And it's not just torch (although at this rate, on day 5 he'll be 400k, 60k Regen, 22k attack). Aegon with 200 combo is taking 50 hits to get through 100k health hood or dorm for example, because they are 5/65 six stars, so armor and challenge rating reduce aegon's crit rate and damage by that much.

That's aegon, the king of crits. At 200 combo.

As one of my Alli mates just said, kabam seem to have really....... AQ up this time.

You are welcome. Sounds like Kabam has acknowledged the issue so hopefully they do something about it soon.
  • Bob1971Bob1971 Posts: 8
    This needs fixed we can't even get passed the second torch and I even have my maxed out 5* void and he isnt doing anything to him and me and my alliance have wasted so much resources not sure who made it this way but it needs to be changed
  • Please keep an eye on this thread for more information as it becomes available: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/288140/aq-map-6-difficulty-merged-thread#latest

This is the same issue that we are investigating.
This discussion has been closed.