**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Need Champ Timer Refund for sub-5 Zone Incursions

JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 786 ★★★
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests

I like Incursions, and consider “find match” to be a theoretically healthy mechanic for the system, but in some cases people simply troll without any accountability. I can understand a bad run, but instances like this- where someone literally loses all their champs and quits on the 3rd zone sending my champs to cooldown- is not conducive to a healthy game format.

Maybe a refund of champ timers for sub-zone 5 runs is not the answer. Unlike arena, I don’t understand the limitation of cooldowns of champs in Incursions anyway, and believe it keeps people from being able to play with the roster they developed and enjoy.

Anyway, I’m just feeling a bit salty, and was hoping some of you might relate, or the game team might take this pain point under advisement.
Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Comments

• Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Yeah Incursions with randoms are always a gamble. None of my alliance mates like doing them so I'm forced to use the matchmaking feature. I've gotten good partners a few times and we've had some good runs but most of the time I get people that don't even read chat and just take whichever node down and get all their champs ko'd after a few rooms. Incursions has kinda been neglected by kabam. I would love to get solo incursions. Would be awesome to earn a few extra shards. Maybe it can become another place to get nice chunks of gold aside from arenas.
  • Options
    Solo incursions sound great. Incursions are close to being something really special, and it’s hard to see the mode suffer from some combination of neglect and apathy.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    I think solo Incursions would be a really nice addition to the game. It would certainly allow us to get mileage out of champs that may not be ideal for other content but can shine in Incursions.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I actually kinda like that idea even just shorter timers if you use random find a partner.
  • Options
    Kabam LotoKabam Loto Posts: 1,997
    edited December 2021
    Hello @Chobbly. We are glad to hear you have ideas to share. Please, consider posting them into the Suggestions and Requests section where they will have a better visibility.

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★

Hello @Chobbly. We are glad to hear you have ideas to share. Please, consider posting them into the Suggestions and Requests section where they will have a better visibility.

Thanks for the kind words @Kabam Loto. Truth be told, I'm a bit downhearted about the decision to not even look at doing a mild numbers tweak to DDHK's kit. But I will try and put something cohesive together and post it over in the Suggestions forum. The trick, I think, will be getting a solo mode to be good enough to sit by itself but not replace the full Incursions experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

To be clear, the reason I disagree with cooldown timers in Incursions is primarily because the rewards themselves are limited by cooldowns.

In the bigger picture, I believe in Incursions there is a replayability factor that could be a truly fun and engaging outlet for players to enjoy with or without rewards. Itemless leaderboards, seasons with items, solo incursions, pvp incursions, or some combination of any of these could be an easy answer to burnout faced in two of the game’s main modes, alliance quest and war, maybe even keeping players engaged with the game who chose to step away from alliances. I know from experience that stepping away from alliances has led me to take extended breaks with little to do after finishing monthly EQ.

I hope this makes it to the appropriate team for consideration. I really do believe Incursions is close to being an answer to some of the game’s longstanding pain points for many players.