**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there a new plan in the works?

SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
edited June 2022 in General Discussion
Disclaimer: This is not a thread about compensation or AI behavior, it's a "what's next" discussion, I don't think I've seen one in the forums. So,

What's the plan after the current infractor system? Beta gaming is clearly a failure, supposedly we are going to have it staying in the game, with the option to turn it on and off. Something that, well, to be honest it's kinda pointless, there's no big difference with or without it at the moment. I was discussing this with my alliances, some friends and CCP members, one day there's no parry or dex, the other day it works fine, the day after that dashing doesn't work or the champion throws heavies instead and so on.

It is broken. We all know that, kabam you tried, good job and all, but the new input system is unsuccessful. I don't know why, what went wrong, and to be honest (again), I don't really care about the technical stuff, it's not my domain or my place, I am not part of the development team, I just like playing the game.

So, is there a new plan ahead? A Gama or Delta system you guys are working on? Something to give us hope for the future? Because, you know, you said ok, the big compensation is coming, and it's the one you were gonna send when the game was fixed, the epilogue of all this.

I don't want a detailed answer like, "there s this new device that can measure the length of deltawaves and the temperature of each device that we're currently using, but the frames are 120dpi deeper than before because of--"no, just a generic "yes, we already started mapping Plan C" or "yes, we investigating who's feeding the bugs after midnight" or a "no, everything s fine" answer will do. For now. That's all I m asking, I don't think it's too much.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    This is a good question, I don’t think there’s an answer yet. I’m sure they were ready to wipe their hands of this mess of the last 10 months, and are surprised the new system didn’t work. I don’t think they want to go back to square one, but also don’t want to completely ignore a broken game. I’m hoping for an answer before the compensation, since that might mean they are 100% moving on without acknowledging the problems.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    The beta input system is going to be implemented in the next update, with no option to toggle.

Hopefully there are some changes that make it better but we wait and see I suppose.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    The thing is, and I m not talking only for myself, it's like we are in the middle of Season 4 of Galactica, and we still don't know what the infamous Cylon Plan is. Even if this is the final stage and we're going to be living with these bugs, we need to know. There's practical problems at the moment, I don't want to spend r4 materials for champs I do like, but I can't use them correctly. And I surely don't want to spend a handful of units for revives and potions, I pushed for TB when I had no parry at all, and that costed me twice as expected. I really don;t want to do this again for final Carinas, I don't even have the time to farm for these anymore.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

Sean_Who said:

The beta input system is going to be implemented in the next update, with no option to toggle.

Hopefully there are some changes that make it better but we wait and see I suppose.

If there is no option to toggle and they are going to force the sh*tty beta input down out throat, I'm out!
    I kind of misread the patch notes. It says moved to by default, sounds like toggle will still be there.
This discussion has been closed.