Potential Rintrah Bug

Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
edited July 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
In the description for Rintrah’s Root mechanic, it lists all of the various interactions it can have:

Notably, there is no mention in there of Rintrah losing his passive unstoppable while still Rooted. However, that is what is happening when the opponent throws a special attack.

Is this an intended interaction not listed in his description, or is this a bug causing his passive unstoppable to disappear prematurely upon the opponent’s special? The only synergy active in this clip is the Guardian block proficiency synergy.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    edited July 2022
    His Root is supposed to end when the defender's special ends, or if rintrah throws a special.

There are 2 roots involved, though I don't know the exact details. One is his personal root, and the other is a general root. One of those is probably expiring above.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

His Root is supposed to end when the defender's special ends.

But isn’t that a different mechanic? Specifically, when he has 20 mystical charges when the opponent throws a special, he roots himself. That Root ends with the opponent’s special. But his self-applied Root does not have that mechanic. And if it did, it’s still not applying correctly because right now the Root is remaining, only the unstoppable is falling off.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★
    I’m glad someone brought this up because I’ve noticed this on my brand new duped Rintrah. It makes him far more annoying to play and I can’t find any mention of it in his abilities.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    Yes . Something could be bugged I agree.. If his root remains why not the unstoppable?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★

• Avi146Avi146 Member Posts: 313 ★★
    Wicket329 said:

In the description for Rintrah’s Root mechanic, it lists all of the various interactions it can have:

Notably, there is no mention in there of Rintrah losing his passive unstoppable while still Rooted. However, that is what is happening when the opponent throws a special attack.

Is this an intended interaction not listed in his description, or is this a bug causing his passive unstoppable to disappear prematurely upon the opponent’s special? The only synergy active in this clip is the Guardian block proficiency synergy.

Yea personally I think, the thing that’s bugged is his root not being removed
    Avi146 said:

Watch the video again
    It didn’t remove the root but only removed the unstoppable
    Yes, but the OP mentioned the Unstoppable being removed. If there is any issue, it's the Root not being removed as well I suspect.
  • Avi146Avi146 Member Posts: 313 ★★

Avi146 said:

Watch the video again
    Yes, but the OP mentioned the Unstoppable being removed. If there is any issue, it's the Root not being removed as well I suspect.
    Oh ofc that I agree
    But you just sending a portion of the text didn’t make it clear that you meant this lol

Avi146 said:

Watch the video again
    That isn’t how root works. Root is only removed if the champion that is rooted activates a special attack, not the opponent. Otherwise Kraven would remove the root on his opponent as soon as he throws his SP2, which is not what happens

The issue here is that Rintrah’s unstoppable is being removed at the end of the opponents special attack, while that is not an interaction listed in his abilities. Either his description is wrong or the unstoppable is bugged, the root itself is working as intended
    Yes. The Opponent in the video activated a Special. The Unstoppable was removed, but not the Root.
    As for the Unstoppable, it's triggered by the Root. So it's removed.
  • Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Member Posts: 157 ★★

Avi146 said:

Watch the video again
    Rintrah isnt the one throwing the special, the way i think the description reads is, when a rooted champion activates a special attack the root ends
    I disagree. I believe the description is talking about the Opponent triggering a Special. Perhaps we need a bit more clarification.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Member Posts: 3,906 ★★★★★

Avi146 said:

Watch the video again
    That isn’t how root works. Root is only removed if the champion that is rooted activates a special attack, not the opponent. Otherwise Kraven would remove the root on his opponent as soon as he throws his SP2, which is not what happens

The issue here is that Rintrah’s unstoppable is being removed at the end of the opponents special attack, while that is not an interaction listed in his abilities. Either his description is wrong or the unstoppable is bugged, the root itself is working as intended
    Yes. The Opponent in the video activated a Special. The Unstoppable was removed, but not the Root.
    Exactly, neither should be removed. The root debuff is only removed when the champion inflicted with the debuff throws a special. It’s not when either champion throws it. The interaction should go like this in two scenarios:

1. Rintrah activates Root.
    2. The unstoppable activates
    3. The opponent throws a special attack
    4. Neither are removed

Conversely

1. Rintrah activates root
    3. Rintrah throws a special attack
    4. Root and unstoppable are removed

That is the correct interactions here as per Rintrah’s current description. The issue is this:

1. Rintrah activates root
    3. The opponent throws a special attack
    4. The root stays as it should, but the unstoppable is removed

Therefore either something is missing in Rintrah’s description or Step 4 is bugged in scenarios 1 and 3
    I interpreted it to mean the Opponent's Special because it's in a paragraph talking about what the Opponents can do when under Root.
    Anyway, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. That's just how I read it.
  • Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Member Posts: 157 ★★

I interpreted it to mean the Opponent's Special because it's in a paragraph talking about what the Opponents can do when under Root.
    Anyway, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. That's just how I read it.

Your right, it is talking about what the champion can do when they have root, however the opponent isnt rooted in this case, its rintrah being rooted, rintrahs the one who cant move so rintrah throwing the special should end the root, not the other way around
    As has been discussed here, the interaction clearly is not covered by Rintrah’s description. Regardless of what you think *should* be happening, it isn’t this. Would love to get this passed along to the game team to sort it out.
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, would you mind sharing the full video? This could help the team to dig through it a bit more easily. You can upload it to a site like youtube and link to it here, or message it to one us us directly if you'd prefer.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1,316 ★★★★★
    Steps:
    -Rintrah pushes the opponent into the corner.
    -Rintrah roots himself through M, L, L, L, L combo while the enemy is in the corner.
    -Opponent uses a special attack.
    -Unstoppable effect on Rintrah is prematurely removed at the end of the opponent's special effect (so it knocks him down)
    -Root effect is still applied from the light combo ender in the corner for the remainder of its duration.

The opponent's special attack removes the unstoppable regardless of how the player reacts to the Opponent's special attack (evading the attack VS blocking the attack VS getting hit by the attack makes no difference. Unstoppable is removed in all scenarios).

It's just the special attack. I've stood in the corner after the light combo ender root and let the opponent hit into Rintrah with full combos and/or heavy attacks and the unstoppable effect doesn't go away.

The unstoppable being removed from the light ending root also happens irrespective of the number of mystical charges.

Maybe it's not differentiating the unstoppable between the 2 different root mechanics in Rintrah's kit? (the other root mechanic being that he roots himself during opponent special attacks when he has 20 mystical charges)

@Kabam Zibiit , I don't know if that helps but that's what I've seen from my gameplay with him.

Hey there, would you mind sharing the full video? This could help the team to dig through it a bit more easily. You can upload it to a site like youtube and link to it here, or message it to one us us directly if you'd prefer.

Does anybody have a youtube account that wouldn't mind uploading this clip for me? I don't have a channel myself. I can send you the video via Line app.
    edited August 2022
    https://youtu.be/mGS3FdCpRcU

Another forum user, World Eater, helped me out and uploaded a clip I sent to YouTube. I hope this helps! @Kabam Zibiit
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1,316 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit any update on this would be appreciated. Intended mechanic or nah?

This bug (if that's what it turns out to be) is the only thing stopping me from taking my 6* to R4.
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    The team's still digging into this one to find the root cause. Don't have any estimated timelines right now, but we'll update everyone when we do.

The team's still digging into this one to find the root cause. Don't have any estimated timelines right now, but we'll update everyone when we do.

Is root cause a pun

Wicket329 said:

Is root cause a pun
    An accidental one it would seem...

I don't have any new info on possible timelines to share at the moment, but just wanted to let you all know the team's working on getting this sorted as quickly as possible.
    Just glad to hear that it’s not an intended interaction. Appreciate the update!