**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why can’t alliance war rewards come out in a consistent manner?

What is the holdup on alliance war rewards this time?

Comments

• Joestacks85Joestacks85 Posts: 177
    As much as I despise almost everything that they do, I know they have to weed out the cheating alliances first to make sure everyone is in the correct bracket.
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    They are investigating the cheaters and those who let other alliance members play on their accounts
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

I started to actually answer this below, but then I realized that there are already 5 discussions open just on the main page about this topic. I suggest you look in one of those for answers or add your post to that to declutter forums.

Here is my real answer:
    Is a few hours going to drastically change your reception of rewards?

From what I have heard in the past, sending out rewards to a large portion of the community can be delayed by a variety of reasons, though often it is not by very much. Such reasons have been things like docking points for cheating players/alliances, the fact that there isn't a magic button that distributes rewards at exactly the same time so they are sent out in waves,

I think the concern is over the change in time. The precedent is that it comes out around the same time every season, and it’s delayed with no announcement or communication
  • VinodCherryVinodCherry Posts: 60

I started to actually answer this below, but then I realized that there are already 5 discussions open just on the main page about this topic. I suggest you look in one of those for answers or add your post to that to declutter forums.

Here is my real answer:
    Is a few hours going to drastically change your reception of rewards?

From what I have heard in the past, sending out rewards to a large portion of the community can be delayed by a variety of reasons, though often it is not by very much. Such reasons have been things like docking points for cheating players/alliances, the fact that there isn't a magic button that distributes rewards at exactly the same time so they are sent out in waves,

@Squirrelguy You may sound as if you work for Kabam! I reckon you are school going kid by the reply.

Understand a few!
    Unless there is a P1 which is high severity support ticket. Kabam has no reason to delay any rewards or communication.

Finding cheaters is not manual and the job with the rule engine let’s say marks and highlights every cheaters. Then a manual intervention is needed to eliminate/ban/ or to spare them.
    Once done, the job to distribute rewards.

Every batch job has a duration of completion. Fine tuning the performance is a different story. At the very least the support team must be able to say when a job can finish n next can start and the time taken to finish based on the data load!

Kabam can always keep the members posted on the ETA, no harm.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Last season they didn’t come out until later. This season they’re probably delayed because of the scuffed start, the following delay to the start after the false start, and the reduction is wars needed to participate in the shortened season. You’ll get them when you get them that’s the long and short of it really.
  • Hey all,

There is a manual aspect to the AW Season rewards that need to be completed after the season is done. This can take a couple hours, or it could take half a day. This includes vetting for cheaters, but other admin that needs to be done. The more thorough we're being with anti-cheat behaviour, and the more methods we discover for modding the game, the longer this is likely to take, until we can develop more sophisticated cheat detection, which results in more sophisticated cheating behaviour... it's a vicious cycle.

Seasons also end late at night here, which creates its own set of problems.

So does this confirm that we will get them at least by the end of today? Or would you be able to give us a rough estimate on when the manual aspect would be completed
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022

I totally forgot to mention, there seems to be an issue right now affecting the last season that we have reported to the team. We're looking into that right now.

Mike can you provide us an ETA (when you have one) to save the repeated threads of ‘when do I get my rewards’
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

Hey all,

There is a manual aspect to the AW Season rewards that need to be completed after the season is done. This can take a couple hours, or it could take half a day. This includes vetting for cheaters, but other admin that needs to be done. The more thorough we're being with anti-cheat behaviour, and the more methods we discover for modding the game, the longer this is likely to take, until we can develop more sophisticated cheat detection, which results in more sophisticated cheating behaviour... it's a vicious cycle.

This brings to mind multiple questions that I think are important for us to get some clarity about.
    First, what has changed these past 2 seasons that has caused such a drastic increase in time? I can think back to the past several seasons and remember waking up to rewards (usually in by 6am EST) after every season, so roughly 6 hours after the season closes. These last 2 seasons the time has doubled and then some. That is an incredible increase of time needed to spot and dock cheaters. Do we really have that many more now?
    Second, is there really no way to review this throughout the season so you only have 1 war to look at in the end? Certainly the alliances that are reporting cheaters aren't waiting until the end of season to report anyone, and anyone that's cheating in war 1 will be an obvious candidate for cheating in war 2. Why can't all the ducks be in a row as the season closes and leaving just the need to make the manual changes rather than leaving most or all of the reviews until the end?
    Final question, what is preventing this communication from coming out sooner and why would it be difficult to set a new and reasonable expectation as to when we should receive rewards? We've spent many seasons getting rewards 6-8 hours after the season closes. Clearly the standard has changed. Can we get clear communication on what we should expect and can we get more timely communication when that expectation either isn't met or isn't consistent?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I know the problem that some people are having with this delay is that they might have wanted to get a skill mutant dual crystal and now they've got to wait 2 days until it comes back so that's a big deal to some players, just saying..... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

2 whole days 😮😮😮
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★

I know the problem that some people are having with this delay is that they might have wanted to get a skill mutant dual crystal and now they've got to wait 2 days until it comes back so that's a big deal to some players, just saying..... 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Trying to imagine being in that big of a hurry to pull an og DD or NC before the crystal comes back 2 days later…
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 634 ★★★

For me personally is the T5B and T2A to rank champs up for level up event that is on today
  • D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42

The problem we are having with it is that some members want to move on after the season and we've recruited to replace them. If rewards were out at the usual time that would be fine as we could have all changes sorted for AQ, now with the delay it's likely we'll have to ask people to stay on or others to wait which is a faff
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★

Hey all,

Sounds like it’s time for someone to work an all nighter😏😂
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★

Hey all,

Wouldn't it be easier to ban cheater directly during the season (for everytime) and ban the hole alliance for this season?
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited September 2022

Hey all,

Erm, i do get the amount of ppl cheating gives yall more trouble, however u said that there is also a problem caused by the timezone, so.. how about change the timer? In order to NOT end at night and avoid these kinds of trouble for u?
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike can you explain why the season end timer was never adjusted when went to match making system we currently have? I don’t understand why the timer ends a good 8 hours after the min time all wars end in game.