**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pressing the special button during fight.

I’ve been playing for over 2 year n first time ever I noticed that when trying to trigger a special the special didn’t trigger.

At first I assumed it was dirt on my screen or my fingers being grubby the reason for it.

Now I’m thinking it’s a percentage chance of 75% to trigger a special which seems odd.

Anyone else noticing this or is it me.

Comments

• Hey guys,

That sounds pretty odd. Can you let me know what Device and OS you're using to play the game?
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    I’m using an i6+ on iOS 11.0.3
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Seems like the special activation button is more than just a tap, it requires a press. I've noticed it a lot during the ragnarok event, because to get a special 2 in many fights, you have to stand there an let yourself get hit, so that you gain power into an SP2.

I can repeatedly tap my SP2 and it is clearly being detected because it does the light up animation, however, it doesn't activate.

Not sure if the activation algorithm is different for when your champ is still or when they are in motion either attacking or defending. During a fight I don't have an issue, but if my champ is standing still it will often fail to activate.
  • adknight27adknight27 Posts: 45
    Yes it’s the same for me, iPhone 7 updated to most recent iOS, I will combo the press for special but 30% of the time it doesn’t activate
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 153
    Multiple taps are needed to activate it I guess? Because in the event quest I was already at 3rd special, kept pressing the button but took a combo and then a special from thor before using my own. This was just today, happens almost everytime though.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    This has been a problem for a long time. It used to be worse. I’m on an iPad PRO with the latest iOS. The button animates like you tapped it, but the special doesn’t go off.
  • BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    I had dealt with it today In act 4 and the Monthly Event
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    I’ve noticed this the last few weeks as well. iPhone 7+. Happening with a lot of champs against a lot of different opponents. I’ve stopped attempting Act 5 because of that as well as the parry issues.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I noticed this for the first time yesterday. iPhone 7 plus here
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 201
    Been a problem for a long time. Needs multiple taps.
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    Samsung j-7 same thing. Have to tap 3 or 4 times
  • I thought it was just me. I've had problems with it on my LG phone and Samsung galaxy tablet the last several weeks.
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    edited November 2017
    Samsung galaxy s8 active. seems related to many of the other bugs. you press a button ( UI button, tap block, tap the special button, whatever) and the white dot (if you have it turned on) shows where and that you pressed a button, the highlight animation happens but the game/device doesn't do anything or takes an extra 1/2 second to perform said action. it doesn't happen in my other apps or games so I have chalked it up to a MCOC problem.

I agree with others that holding it a little longer gives a better chance for it to work. Which points to a "pointer speed" setting issue, but messing with pointer speed doesn't seem to affect it in mcoc, but does affect presses on the rest of the phone.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    Like to say today the response of doing a special is even worst than before.