**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Update?

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
My apologies if this is somewhere in the new forums, but I honestly haven't been able to locate it under the new format.

Do we have an update on the various bugs plaguing the game right now (evade, Dormammu, whiffing after opponent heavy to name just a few)? I'm not looking for a minute-by-minute update, but it feels like a while since we were last told things were being worked on. And things don't appear to have improved much if at all.

Are we to conclude that this is just the state of the game? Is there any sense of urgency to repairing it? Is there any concern over resources used to cope with it?

It seems like time we got some word on the progress being made and the timetable for the fix. Understandably, the game team may be wary of any update announcement being twisted out of proportion by the community, but I would suggest that more communication and more empathy might be a better approach than locking down and going silent.

That, along with a few "my Contest hasn't been performing to my standards" emails.

For your consideration,

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Sticky in bugs n probs.
  • Options
    Do you mean the closed thread from May 15 that reads:

"This thread will contain a living list of all issues that we identify and are actively working on. Progress reports will also be posted here...

Dashing backwards twice in quick succession is not functioning correctly
    The team is aware of this issue and are testing some potential fixes for it at this time..."

DZ
  • Options
    AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    It's cool that they're showing no sign of urgency at in regards to what is essentially game breaking issues. Makes me feel pretty good about the future of the game.
  • Options
    Yup that thread which also includes (bold for reference).

I know there are issues that you think deserve white glove service in the wrong forum because they are important to you, just trying to help. Sorry if the knickers are still twisted. But I humbly suggest reading the bugs forum instead of posting in the general forum as this isn't a snowflake issue.
    This thread will contain a living list of all issues that we identify and are actively working on. Progress reports will also be posted here.

Alliance Wars not displaying kill count when tapping on a defender.
    This is a technical issue and will be fixed in the next update. (Note: this does not mean the 13.0.1 iOS update that is soon to come out, this is the 13.1 update)

Android Log In Issue - 5.0.X
    This is an ongoing investigation. We have not yet been able to pinpoint the cause of this, and it is only impacting some players. We have an active discussion thread going on this topic, and any information players can provide us in order to investigate (os version, exact device model, and your in-game user id) may help our team reproduce the issue and resolve it for you.

Doctor Strange cannot Counterspell Hyperion's Power Gain
    The team has identified the source of this issue and are working on a fix for it right now.

Dashing backwards twice in quick succession is not functioning correctly
    The team is aware of this issue and are testing some potential fixes for it at this time.

Some Champions dash-in attacks are not making contact
    The team is preparing a fix for this for the next patch.

Winter Soldier Incinerate Bug
    This is a known issue and will be fixed for the next patch.

Karnak's SP1 Focus isn't functioning as it should.
    This is a confirmed issue and the team is working on a fix. We are hoping to get it into the next update.

5-Star Unstoppable Colossus not becoming Unstoppable
    The team has a fix for this ready, and hope to have it out with the next release.

Elektra and Gwenpool are not reducing the chances of activating an Evade
    The team has a potential fix for this issue that is read for testing.

The Hood remains Invisible after his Invisibility buff expires
    The team believes that they have a fix together for this issue, and are continuing to test it until it is ready for release.

Nebula not able to reduce Ability accuracy of Robots
    The team is currently looking into the cause of this issue and are working on a fix.

There are a few more reports of things floating around that we've not yet confirmed is or is not a bug, we'll stick with replies in those individual threads until we can confirm either way. Then, we'll add them to this thread.
  • Options
    I don't doubt that it takes time to fix a systemic issue. My issues are simple: support your customers while the product is malfunctioning and communicate on a regular basis. Feign concern if you have to.

Just took a minute to watch Seatin's recent video post. Basically, he says the same thing. It shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    @CoatHang3r you don't have to include attacks in every post.

On topic I hope that the new update will fix many of the issues we are facing. Would be nice to be able to evade a secondary attack rather than taking chip damage from a block. Waiting to finish lanes of LoL because this bug makes Venom too hard.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    They don't care. That is it. Without debating if this is intentional or a bug they have let it go on and refuse to entertain a discussion regarding compensation. They don't care, and this is profitable
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Yes every post, that's not hyperbole at all... oh and it isn't an attack. A demagogue is someone who appeals to emotions rather than rational arguments, sorry if you don't agree but once you watch his videos objectively it becomes apparent, I was a long time subscriber so I'm very familiar. While yes he plays a lot of video games that hardly gives him authority on how they are developed and managed.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Yes every post, that's not hyperbole at all... oh and it isn't an attack. A demagogue is someone who appeals to emotions rather than rational arguments, sorry if you don't agree but once you watch his videos objectively it becomes apparent, I was a long time subscriber so I'm very familiar. While yes he plays a lot of video games that hardly gives him authority on how they are developed and managed.

He never said anything about how it should be managed, and he even told Living Tribunal guy that he was going too far. I personally don't like his videos, but he does know how to manage a business. Obviously he is doing that now and it is working for him.

In your previous post it was nothing but attacks. Calling others snowflakes and saying their knickers are twisted and that they need white glove service? IDK man seems like there is a more forum appropriate way to formulate your responses.
  • Options
    Oh you should watch the video there is a lengthy period where he says exactly what should be done, which by the way also appeals to popular emotions from the forums. I'm sorry but largely trolling on YouTube might be a living but it isn't a business and it certainly is nothing like developing and managing a top grossing app.

I called no one a snowflake I called the issue/bug a snowflake.

Gotta read the subtext that was in the posts I replied to understand the line I took. It became apparent by the replies from the OP.
  • Options
    Oh you should watch the video there is a lengthy period where he says exactly what should be done, which by the way also appeals to popular emotions from the forums. I'm sorry but largely trolling on YouTube might be a living but it isn't a business and it certainly is nothing like developing and managing a top grossing app.

Gotta read the subtext that was in the posts I replied to understand the line I took. It became apparent by the replies from the OP.

You are right about the context of snowflake.

• Options
    MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    Riegel wrote: »
    @Riegel you don't have to include attacks in every post.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Riegel wrote: »
    @Riegel you don't have to include attacks in every post.

What was the attack? I said he was right that I missed the context in which he used the word.
  • Options
    Hit4sixHit4six Posts: 19
    Lets not turn on each other, bro hugs all round!
  • Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    I think kabam is taking our opinions as a grain of salt. Hopefully they will make an announcement soon considering the current bugs in the game. I wish kabam cared more about the community rather than how much money they earn through unit packages and offers.
  • Options
    Anyways about that Subtext from the old forums taken from the evade bug thread. This thread was imo an attempt to back door further complaints maybe I'm wrong and you've been away from the forums or stopped keeping up to date on the issue but based on post history from the old forums to this one and in this thread, I don't see that. But if I'm wrong the answer is "Hey everyone - I'm happy to confirm that this will be resolved in our next update! Thank you for your patience!" Adora.
    I understand what you are saying and, having only done recreational coding, even I recognize how a simple "fix" can have a cascade of unintended consequences.

What I also understand is the frustration at being told it may take up to a month to repair something that fundamentally affects the ability to play the game at any level. I don't tend to beat my chest screaming for compensation, but this is surely the kind of thing that has cost people. And the higher the level, the more it has probably cost. If that wasn't intended (and I take Ad0ra's word that it wasn't), then that cost and any ongoing associated costs need to be refunded to the consumer.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    In an effort to get this thread back on track, it appears the answer to my original question is this:

No update, other than the one offered in the bugs thread.

That was my question; the quote I followed with was the portion that appeared to contain the relevant information. C0athang3r followed up with an additional portion from that closed thread. Then everything went off rails with a bunch of BS about gloves, knickers and snowflakes.

Is there anything else, or is that all there is for now?

DZ
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    The most we know is that some issues are being worked into the Patch at the end of the month, but it's not possible to get them out sooner. Which is pretty standard with Reanimation and Programming Issues. It's not possible to execute server-side, and it needs to go into the next Build. As for what specifically is locked down, or close, I do not know.
  • Options
    DrZola wrote: »
    Anyways about that Subtext from the old forums taken from the evade bug thread. This thread was imo an attempt to back door further complaints maybe I'm wrong and you've been away from the forums or stopped keeping up to date on the issue but based on post history from the old forums to this one and in this thread, I don't see that. But if I'm wrong the answer is "Hey everyone - I'm happy to confirm that this will be resolved in our next update! Thank you for your patience!" Adora.
    I understand what you are saying and, having only done recreational coding, even I recognize how a simple "fix" can have a cascade of unintended consequences.

What I also understand is the frustration at being told it may take up to a month to repair something that fundamentally affects the ability to play the game at any level. I don't tend to beat my chest screaming for compensation, but this is surely the kind of thing that has cost people. And the higher the level, the more it has probably cost. If that wasn't intended (and I take Ad0ra's word that it wasn't), then that cost and any ongoing associated costs need to be refunded to the consumer.

Dr. Zola

Ahh, C0athang3r, you need to lighten up.

Not an effort to backdoor anything. If you read the start of my initial post to this thread, I even apologized if my question was already addressed in the new forums because I couldn't locate an update.

It's unfortunate that you perceived the question as an underhanded one and took offense, but a straight up answer would have been the correct approach and all I required.

As for the old forums quote, I don't think anything I've said then is inconsistent with what I'm saying now. In fact, I'm flattered you went to the trouble to dig it up (or did you have it saved?). Fix the problem; keep us updated; provide relief in the meantime. That's hardly an unreasonable request, no matter which thread it is in.

DZ

You quoted CoatHang3r. There is another user named C0atHang3r. It's not a big deal just thought you should know they are different accounts.
  • Options
    jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    What is the winter incinerate bug? Please explain
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I'm baffled at the lack of response mods have provided in the last month, nevermind that last week, which was the first of the new forum.
  • Options
    Sorry for missing this thread, but I did comment on this today here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/6019/#Comment_6019
  • Options
    KinggyyKinggyy Posts: 37

So let me get this straight, you are defending them so they can take sweet time to roll out changes to earn more cash but when sW was broken to benefit almost every single player that had her was fixed in a day, hmmmmm I really like how they prioritise.
This discussion has been closed.