**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gladiator Hulk doesnt trigger Face me against Degen [Under Investigation]

BajjsbwuqjwBajjsbwuqjw Posts: 876 ★★★
edited March 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    My main problem with this is that there is a lack of consistency. Nodes that inflict bleed or poison allow Summoners to recover health with willpower as it places an active debuff. The degen from this node neither counts as a passive (not triggering Face Me), nor is it an active debuff that triggers willpower. So how is this degen classified? Kabam did a good job trying to amend this with different icons for node effects, passives, actives, but it appears this degen is not consistent with the system in place. A definitive answer for why the degen neither triggers willpower or Face me would be appreciated.
  • Options
    OptimusAngelusOptimusAngelus Posts: 8
    Starburst in AQ triggers Face Me.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    I know Rag Hulk was specifically made as a counter to the big 3 Mystics, but I'm not really sure why Dorm's degen is considered passive.

There is an active debuff put on you that is causing the damage.

Limbo does not have an active debuff on you when it damages you, so it's passive, sure. Mephisto's auro does not have an active debuff on you when it damages you, so again, passive.

But Dorm has an active debuff. How is that any more passive than bleed/poison/incinerate/shock/coldsnap/etc?

Are they just going by a "Doesn't trigger Willpower" as the only rule on the matter?
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    dkatryl wrote: »
    I know Rag Hulk was specifically made as a counter to the big 3 Mystics, but I'm not really sure why Dorm's degen is considered passive.

There is an active debuff put on you that is causing the damage.

Limbo does not have an active debuff on you when it damages you, so it's passive, sure. Mephisto's auro does not have an active debuff on you when it damages you, so again, passive.

But Dorm has an active debuff. How is that any more passive than bleed/poison/incinerate/shock/coldsnap/etc?

Are they just going by a "Doesn't trigger Willpower" as the only rule on the matter?

Every debuff you mentioned can be shrugged off by AV or its duration reduced by Groot or rogue. None of that can be done to dorm's degen
    Why is dorm's degen passive? Cause f you, that's why. Kabam needed a unit generating machine for AW when they designed Dorm (which was also the same time they decided to literally nerf every character in the game all at once), and they designed a unit generating machine
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Good point on the shrugging off part.

Fair enough, passive it is!
  • Options
    GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    We wont get an answer by @Kabam Miike cause even the dew team doesnt know the answer to this. :trollface:
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Yes maybe but we still may ask for an answer n times

Old telling on my language says: patient raindrop can go through stone

All I can say is you have a lot of stone left to go through
  • Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    I came to the forums just now to post this as a bug so I'm happy to see a post on the front page about it.

I also noticed it's not triggering on frostbite charges from iceman or from any of the DoT debuffs in modok lounge. What's the deal?
  • Options
    I've gone ahead and moved this to the correct section so that we can keep track of it better. I've also brought this to the rest of the team and will let you know as soon as I have more information on it.
  • Options
    Tyger87Tyger87 Posts: 93
    Bringing this conversation up from the depths now that Act 6 is here. In quest 6.1.4 , the Close Encounters is one of these "not passive or active damage over time debuffs?"
  • Options
    Also, @Kabam Zibiit , can you please elaborate to us plebs how something can be neither active nor passive? I'm no English major, but I am pretty sure by definition, there is a not a third choice.

A light can be on or off, not both at the same time, and not neither at the same time.
  • Options
    There are three things to consider for Face Me when interacting with the Close Encounter Node.

The first is the fact that Close Encounter is either a buff or not. In the announcement for act six Kabam very clearly labled them "Buffs". It's not like crowd excitement or something similar that is there to visualize a mechanic.

Second, a buff can be active or passive. Active buffs whether positively or negatively affecting a champ are denoted with a white-ish ring around them, while passive ones do not have such a ring. Clearly, the Buff for Close Encounters is passive as shown in this photo:

Third, does it deal damage over time? Clearly in the photo above, it says so in such a manner that no one should ever be confused: "damage over time."

So, @Kabam Zibiit , please tell me where my logic is flawed?
  • Options
    Playing devil's advocate, the only difference I see between the things that trigger Face Me, and ones that don't, is whether or not it has a timer. If that is truly the case, the wording for GHulk needs to be updated to reflect this.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    But a counter to that would be Mephisto and his Aura. While the Aura itself is on a timer, you only receive damage while in proximity, it triggers Face Me.

I'm not meaning to just complain, I have work my way through these quests, just looking for clarification from Kabam
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Tyger87 said:

Second, a buff can be active or passive.

Not really. Buffs and debuffs are always active abilities. A passive ability can't be active, and so there are no passive buffs or passive debuffs in the game.

There was no need to revive a dead thread ... specially when you had already created one for the same thing