**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade is overpowered by Kabam's standards

Do I care? Not really. But 12.0 happened specifically because everybody was using a very specific team to clear content, supplemented with either Thor, SW, or DS. Their reasoning was that the whole point of the game is there for their to not be such a disparity between champs that people begin to rely on very specific teams to clear content.

One only needs to look to AW to see things like this. Literally every single round. Kabam, if you're going to make rules, and change the entire face of the game based on these rules and ideals, then why is this ok?

y7xdqhmsfcmh.png

crstu0fb3mjd.png

xo9ap2379su6.png

Comments

• I would like to add to this that I genuinely don't care about how powerful Blade is. What I DO care about is Kabam making up the rules as they go along, basically. I fell like if this is allowed, then revert Thor back to how he used to be, bring crit teams back, etc., otherwise they are not upholding their end of the bargain
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Whoa...did I wake up in November 2017?
  • Just putting the bug back in their ear and making sure they don't forget hahaha
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    As a game grows, its meta shifts and, at times, requires adjustment. Will this happen with the current meta at some point? Most likely. This happens in every game I play: Hearthstone, WoW, Warhammer 40K, and X-Wing to name a few.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Just wait until everyone places domino on defense. Bye bye blade.

Also, conflating pre 12.0 thor with blade is ridiculous.
  • Well, as Raganator pointed out, this has been a pretty widespread thing ever since Blade dropped, and then became even more of an "issue" once he was a regular in the crystals. Just trying to figure out Kabam's logic, as usual
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Not really, they will just kill her with Spark lol. Blade is just there for the bs Mystics and villains.

Holy trinity is unstoppable, there really isn't anything they can't handle.
  • Shrimkins wrote: »

The point I was trying to make was about Kabam's reasoning behind nerfing champs like Thor, which was to stop everyone from using a mutant crit team with Thor (or SW, Strange, etc) to clear basically everything. But now the answer is to just load up Blade and GR and you're good to go. Sure, Domino is tough on Blade, but it still doesn't address the actual disparity that Blade creates
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    Dont be angry to blade users if you dont have a blade because if you have blade and sparky i am sure you will not make this discussion because you know how good is blade in the quest or AW so i suggest just keep saving 5* crystal ang open it and if you will get blade you will hate this thread
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    That wasn't their reasons for the nerfs.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

The point I was trying to make was about Kabam's reasoning behind nerfing champs like Thor, which was to stop everyone from using a mutant crit team with Thor (or SW, Strange, etc) to clear basically everything. But now the answer is to just load up Blade and GR and you're good to go. Sure, Domino is tough on Blade, but it still doesn't address the actual disparity that Blade creates

You should also look at the fact that everyone seems to place Dormammu / Magik / Mordo on defense. How is THAT fair?
  • That wasn't their reasons for the nerfs.

That absolutely was *part* of the reason for the nerfs. They specifically stated during the nerfs that they wanted to encourage diversity, and didn't want the community relying on the same champs for everything. Was that the only reason? No, but it certainly had a hand in their decision. The adjustment to the base stats and synergies came at the same time to supplement this idea, to prevent everyone from blowing through things with Storm, Mags, Cyclops, Wolvie, and SW
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    They made those changes because they couldn't create content those Champs weren't able to cut through. Diversity wasn't a large factor until War changes. It had ltitle to do with wanting people to use different Attackers, and more to do with the fact that those Champs in combination with the old percentage system stifled what they could offer. Having many people use Blade really isn't of consequence to them.
  • Shrimkins wrote: »

You should also look at the fact that everyone seems to place Dormammu / Magik / Mordo on defense. How is THAT fair?

I honestly think the only thing that DOES make that fair is that there are multiple answers for all of them (Blade included), and they have been figured out for a very long time. Plus, there are a wide, wide variety of good defensive champs, so you don't HAVE to have Dorm, Magik, Mordo to have a good defense. But with the holy trinity, it doesn't matter what the defense is, it will go through it. It's called the holy trinity ffs lol
  • Maximus0215Maximus0215 Posts: 128

It’s just as fair that everyone places Nightcrawler and OG spider-man as defenders also. Good defenders are hard to come by. I don’t care if everyone uses blade but like the OP said. That was a major factor in 12.0
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

I honestly think the only thing that DOES make that fair is that there are multiple answers for all of them (Blade included), and they have been figured out for a very long time. Plus, there are a wide, wide variety of good defensive champs, so you don't HAVE to have Dorm, Magik, Mordo to have a good defense. But with the holy trinity, it doesn't matter what the defense is, it will go through it. It's called the holy trinity ffs lol

No Sir, there are NOT multiple answers to Dorm / Magik. The unavoidable damage they inflict cannot be easily nullified.

If there are other defensive options, then please use them. (Iceman, Killmonger, Luke Cage, Medusa etc) Blade is not an answer to everything and the holy trinity is not easy to get. Only the top tier teams, that are crazy about wins have the full trinity and champs at 5/65.

If the holy trinity is the problem, then please say so, there is no point in blaming Blade (as the thread title suggests).
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    If Blade wasn't there in AW, someone else would be. There'll always be a "most popular option", and you can't say he's the best for every fight - he most certainly isn't (no advantage vs Domino, IMIW, Medusa, etc.).

The more time goes by, the fewer champs Blade has an advantage against - there will be no more OP villain defenders, I can assure you. If you're still clinging onto the idea of MD Wars, forget it - after the MD rework, the interaction with Dexterity will cease to exist.

Blade is becoming less and less important by the day (just as I'm about to R5 mine!).
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Kabam has said before that the 12.0 change had nothing to do with everyone ranking certain champs but the fact that they couldn't creat content that was a challenge for certain champs without making it almost impossible if you didn't have those champs
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Batman05 wrote: »
    Kabam has said before that the 12.0 change had nothing to do with everyone ranking certain champs but the fact that they couldn't creat content that was a challenge for certain champs without making it almost impossible if you didn't have those champs

I totally agree, though I hate how they over nerfed Dr strange. But to be honest, they still have that issue, though it is not as bad as before. I also don't really agree that nerfing was the best way to get rid of that situation. I think that buffing the weaker champs would've not only made those champs more useable in the content, but would've made those champs more favorable along side the already existing desirable champs, therefore simultaneously fixing the diversity isuue
This discussion has been closed.