**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gameplay experience vs the devices we use.

AbarttoirAbarttoir Posts: 38
edited September 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hi guys and galls,

In the last couple of months, roughly since overheating was an issue, my gameplay experience has been far from ideal. So I’m wondering what we can expect in the future from Kabam and what can we do about it ourselves? Meaning what kind of issues are going to be dealt with in a future patch and what is related to the “specs” of the game.

Maybe it’s a good thing to have minimal system requirements... Recommended iPad / iPhone version *** and up?

Wanted to share the things I noticed about running this game on certain devices. And give you my conclusion at the end.

Atm have an iPad Pro (1st gen, released at the end of 2015) that I bought to replace my iPad Air (1st gen, released at the end of 2013), specifically for this game. However since lately my controls are getting crazy constantly on the Pro, also wanted to give my former iPad, the Air a testrun...

It’s a lot more laggy with less smooth frame rate, but without the bonkers controls that make you dash back or forward out of the blue, stand still mid combo, mess up your heavy attack, pause the game without touching the button, let you press the wrong button on the other side of the screen, etc. These insane control issues are really starting to annoy me and costed me a lot of unnecessary KO’s, items and units.

In the time I used the Air before switching to the Pro, almost two years back, the game ran a lot smoother on the Air, then it does now, with the same device.

Then finally also have tested on an iPhone 8, and besides getting a bit hot that one works best. Just can’t play on that tiny screen.

So apparently the messed up controls that I’ve been having for over two months ain’t a certainty on other devices AND over the years the game has become more demanding. To get a smooth “well working” experience again, we need a pretty recent device or Kabam must fix a lot of issues to get rid of the bugs and/or make the game lighter again to make it playable on a device older then 2 years. Over the years we’ve been offered a lot more content in game and I’m pretty sure that’s one of the reasons we’ve been seeing these issues.

By the looks of things I’m not sure if Kabam comes up with a solution, or that the game is demanding better hardware. If so might decide to replace my iPad... Not too happy with that, because for the rest its working just fine. No other App that I use on those 3 devices gives me any issues.

So are there minimum system requirements or can we expect fixes that make the game run smooth again on devices of a few years of age?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Hey there Abarttoir, thanks for providing that detailed report. That extra info really is a help to us. If we create an updated list of unsupported devices in the future, we'll be sure to let everyone know. We are also constantly working to make performance improvements to make sure the game is running as smoothly as possible. To that end, detailed reports like yours are helpful, so again, thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.