**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MD Confirmed Useless For Mystic Defence

Hi All,

I just wanted to add some clarity and show exactly what the MD changes have meant to my Mystic defenders even at a lower level Tier in war. Due to the current state of the game I decided to take a drop from a Tier 1 war alliance down to a Tier 6/7 alliance. Now up until the recent MD changes I was averaging 5 kills a war with my 5/65 5* Dorm, sometimes in excess of 12 kills but since the change its now 1 or 2 here and there but as we moved into tier 6 he seems surplus to requirements.

I'm not a beggar but I do believe my case for a RDT is justified. I have put the most valuable resources currently within the game (T5B) into which was at the time known as the best defensive option (Dorm). I would understand the game needs to progress so champions with counters would be acceptable in defeat, but I do feel changes to MD which Dorm heavily relies on wasn't covered on the upgrade description when I took him to rank 5, obviously if there was prior warning to this then again this is acceptable.

I think many would agree any Mystic's taken to rank 5 using the most precious resources within the game should be granted a RDT, I'd even say any Mystic at rank 4 doesn't warrant the RDT due to the fact T5B wasn't required.

Kabam keep saying they are 'watching this' and 'watching that' and never said 'RDT wouldn't be included', but at least cast some transparency on this matter and clarify what is actually going to happen regarding not only my case but many others that have been ignored. Just release announcement with your intentions. Photos taken from a Tier 6 war.

wgse5wgsbozn.png

j9o2kmiwt6h4.png

Stantona

Comments

• Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I need a mystic awakening gem and a rank down. I ranked Hood for defense 😭
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I once got 30 kills with MODOK on defence. I didn’t get any compensation when they nerfed him; at least y’all got reimbursed for the Mystic Cores. That said I don’t even want compensation. I understood his Auto-block Parry was unfair and unbalanced. The game as a whole would be better off without it. I also understand that, like Dormammu, MODOK’s still a good defender and has ample use on offence. If you’re going to throw cheap shots you can’t complain when you take them.

@My_Superior MODOK wasn’t nerfed, he was bugged. His auto-block was not designed to trigger parry.
  • Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    One thing Kabam never addressed is rank down tickets. Especially, for those who R4 or R5 champs for defense.

Now, some people may see this as part of the game, but I don't. It's just like saying, you bought into a feature of a car and it's suppose to work that way, then Ford decides to take it back

Except it wasn’t supposed to work that way. The in game description always said MD triggers when a buff expires. If somebody evades a mystic champ 5 or 6 times in a row without striking, that buff is not expiring and never should have fed MD. The analogy is more like Ford sold you a Focus and 2 years later realized you’ve been driving around in a Shelby Mustang.
  • Options
    @DTMelodicMetal I don’t want to get into semantics but in many other games a bug fix is considered a nerf.

This is not a case of semantics. MODOK’s champion description says “forcefield cannot trigger parry”:

my3904mefjdw.png
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    @DTMelodicMetal I don’t want to get into semantics but in many other games a bug fix is considered a nerf.
    No a bug fix dont be Call neft it only what player Call Them becasse ther get upset for it.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    And for dorm he stil good now just less usfull
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Yes and no... I think in this specific scenario Modok was bugged, but it was not without knowledge by the community. We all knew he wasn't supposed to parry. People didn't grind for him because he could parry, they did it because he was potentially a great defender in AW with the auto block. Parry was an unintended side effect of his auto block, but we all knew it was unintended. It would be different if some champions had a feature that we thought was working as intended and then this feature was removed and said to be a bug. Similar to what happened with AA and his stuns.
  • Options
    @DTMelodicMetal you said he wasn’t nerfed. I implied a nerf and a bug fix are the same thing based on my experience with other games such as Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter, and Diablo 3.

I played MvC3 and other games like SF5 and KOF13 online. I don’t remember an instance where bugs and nerfs were the same things in those games.
  • Options
    JayBird_IsTheWordJayBird_IsTheWord Posts: 159 ★★
    5* juggs r4 sig 120, I have not gotten a single ko since the change. Used to place on strike back node with chance of stun. Tried a couple other nodes and he is useless.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    The should of buffed the amount of power md gives since it’s porcs a lot less now, to balance it out a little more.
  • Options
    DarthPhal wrote: »
    Except it wasn’t supposed to work that way. The in game description always said MD triggers when a buff expires. If somebody evades a mystic champ 5 or 6 times in a row without striking, that buff is not expiring and never should have fed MD. The analogy is more like Ford sold you a Focus and 2 years later realized you’ve been driving around in a Shelby Mustang.

Sorry they felt the need to monetize it while it lasted, but nobody could read that description and conclude that MD should stack in that scenario. There were no buffs expiring. If they issue rank down tickets for mystic defenders, they should also return every item ever spent by anybody fighting against mystic wars while it didn’t match the description.
  • Options
    @Stantona @RubberDuckyfam appreciate you guys sharing your post-MD nerf mystic defenders experiences on the forum. It’s those types of changes Kabam Miike said would be monitored to determine if things like mystic/champion specific RDTs would be considered if data showed they were warranted.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @DarthPhal That wasn’t my quote lol
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Looking forward to Kabam giving us an update on their monitoring of Juggernaut and Dormammu post MD nerf
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Looking forward to Kabam giving us an update on their monitoring of Juggernaut and Dormammu post MD nerf

It astounds me to see the number of people that say MD wasn't essential to defense... I know I ranked up many 4* champs for defense back in the day specifically because I used MD. I'm not saying this compares to the ones who ranked 5*, but I do understand the frustration that you guys have. I definitely think those that took 5* Mystic champs to r4 or r5 should have the option of taking those champs back down.
  • Options

That’s how it showed up. Wouldn’t be the first Kabam glitch.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    My morning star still gets kills so I don’t think it did to much to change things. Blade is the real reason mystic champs get countered easy. It’s not so much the md change
  • Options
    DarthPhal wrote: »

That’s how it showed up. Wouldn’t be the first Kabam glitch.

nailed it
  • Options
    As hard as gold and catalysts are to come by, any major character change should be an auto RDT. Just like iceman, they nerfed his coldsnap.
This discussion has been closed.