Havok bug?

nfernonferno Member Posts: 71
I was playing in the alpha cat arena with a 3* havok vs 5* cyclops. I didn't notice until I reached my sp3, but when I used the attack on cyclops, it dealt 0 damage. At first I was super annoyed until I realized the AI's specials also dealt 0 damage against me. Is this some weird dynamic between cyclops and havok or did I get a buggy fight?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,933 ★★★★★
    Think it's intended, even though this should be writted somewhere in their descriptions ...
  • ManChildManChild Member Posts: 608 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    I’m pretty sure I saw some post where an admin said they considered adding that to them but decided not to at this time to focus on havoks other abilities. Then said they might add it in the future.

Which is weird if it’s a thing because that was a week or so ago.
  • nfernonferno Member Posts: 71
    ManChild said:

I’m pretty sure I saw some post where an admin said they considered adding that to them but decided not to at this time to focus on havoks other abilities. Then said they might add it in the future.

Which is weird if it’s a thing because that was a week or so ago.

Looked this up, it was said a month ago. Appears they added it, but didn't mention it in the v22 changes.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Member Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Nothing is explicitly written in this thread, so I'll spell out what I think everyone here is referring to but no one is stating.

In the comics, Havok and Cyclops are unable to hurt each other with their powers due to the fact that they are brothers and their power signatures are either the same or they directly nullify each other (or some other type of comic science explanation).

The question is, did this dynamic between these two champions get adopted into MCOC? I'd certainly like to know.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Yes it was implemented
    Kobster84 said:

Yes it was implemented

Is it for all beam/concussive attacks or just L3's?

Do debuffs still get applied?
    Cyclops duel target??? I’ll go test it and video now.
    ManChild said:

Cyclops duel target??? I’ll go test it and video now.

Nushura
    https://youtu.be/8T5Y0p_rv7E

So he does get charges. Feedback does dmg. L1 didn’t do any. The first part of the l2, a kick, did dmg but that killed him. The rest of the 2 did dmg after he was dead. I’ll do another with an l2 only.
    Thanks for the videos. @ManChild

Did Kabam release this information somewhere? It's not in his champion spotlight.
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, this was an easter egg that was added to the game to reference the Summers brothers' immunity to the other's energy beams/blasts in the comics!