**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Annihilus Buff Idea

I did this because Annihilus is one of my favourite marvel villains, and he really needs a nice buff imo.

I won’t be putting the abilities he already has in here, but remember that they’re still there. For example his immunity to coldsnap, incinerate and power control and also his armour breaks will still be in his kit, but they won’t be affected in any way so won’t be mentioned.

I’ve made this buff so he won’t be much more annoying in defence than he already is, but his offensive power is still greatly increased.

-First of all, armour breaks no longer remove the rod. I didn’t put this in his kit, because I feel this interaction shouldn’t be in the game anyway.

BUFF TO STIFLES:

- Stifles now have a duration of 5 seconds, instead of 4.
- Stifles increase Annihilus’ offensive combat power rate by 6% each.
- Each stifle on the opponent increases the chance of them throwing a special attack by 5% each. Stifles are also paused during an opponents special attack.

Note: This buff is simply to help Annihilus maintain the stifles through pausing them with more sp 1s and obviously losing them less due to an increased duration. The special attack stuff also means a stubborn opponent won’t completely destroy all that ramp up you’ve been doing.

ADDITION TO HIS PASSIVE KIT:

Whilst the cosmic control rod is active:
- Annihilus is immune to any attack reduction from a taunt effect.
- When the opponent has 5 or more stifles, Annihilus inflicts an indefinite taunt effect on himself, which is immediately removed if the number of stifles on the opponent goes below 5.

Note: if you didn’t know, when Annihilus is taunted he becomes unstoppable, unblockable and gains true accuracy, this would improve his utility nicely, and mean that the taunt mechanic is ACTUALLY useful now.

(Not sure if perma unstoppable and unblockable is a bit much, but they’re buffs so can be nullified, and he still needs to maintain the stifles).

SPECIAL ATTACKS BUFF:

- Annihilus’ special attacks generate 50% less power in the opponent.

Note: means that you don’t need to worry about pushing the opponent to the sp3 as much whilst maintaining his rotation.

SPECIAL ATTACK 1 CHANGE:

- No longer increases combat power rate when the stifles are paused.

Note: obviously with his combat power rate already being higher with every stifle, this would make it pretty broken if this ability also stayed.

SPECIAL ATTACK 2 CHANGE:

- No longer consumes stifles when activated.

Note: I hate the concept of choosing utility or damage, and this would mean that you don’t need to sacrifice the taunt for the actual damage output.

SPECIAL ATTACK 3 CHANGE:

- Now inflicts a passive stun for 2 seconds.
- The duration increase of stifles has been reduced from 125% to 60% increase.

Note: the stun means you can get an easy “in” to maintain the stifles. The duration increase would’ve been far too strong given his combat power rate and stifle duration has been already been increased.

DARKHAWK SYNERGY CHANGE:

- If Annihilus reaches 7 or more stifles, he becomes completely stun immune as long as at least 7 stifles are maintained.

Note: with the self taunt added to his kit now, this synergy would me borderline useless in it’s current state.

There are some things I’m on the fence about, so suggestions would be appreciated.

And before anyone says “🤓☝️erm actually… Annihilus needs a buff less than my OG Spooder man”, yes I am aware. But this is just a moderate update and not an overhaul.

Comments