**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Comment version - CHAMPION ATTRIBUTES AND REBALANCE UPDATES: JULY 2022

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Kabam release the "Champion attributes and rebalance updates for July 2022. Link to the post: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/309699/champion-attributes-and-rebalance-updates-july-2022#latest

What are your thoughts on the post?

I am excited about the buffs that have been announced: Juggernaut, Antman and Rocket Raccoon. I know I could be disappointed because of the recent buffs we've received but it's an feeling I struggle to control when I think about all the reasons to be excited about these buffs. Out of these buffs, I'm looking forward to Juggernaut buffs the most. I'm curious to see what kind of mystic he'll be and the approach they take with him. I really the synergy he has with Colossus that improves Colossus crit rating. (I really hope they don't nerf it). Which buff are you looking forward to the most.

I hope this doesn't come true for Juggs :D

Regarding the goals for the buffs. This is what was stated:
"The goals have always been:
Give Champions an update that will help them feel more meaningful, especially for newer players who usually have fewer options to deal with challenges and,
To increase a relative sense of excitement when these champs are pulled from a crystal."

The first point I have some reservations. Meaningful update for everyone but focus is more on newer players. Who are newer players and at what point do they leave the "newer" category? It states to help them deal with challenges. If we know who newer players are and at what point they disqualify as one, then what type of challenges are we referring to? The earlier acts have been nerfed completely, and many new accounts are getting free 2 and 3 stars of several champions including featured ones. With these, don't newer players have enough to deal with whatever challenges they face already? So why add an exciting feature introduced when veterans complained about being sick and tired and the sting of pulling so many useless champions both as new and duplicates to benefit newer players primarily? I ask because this goal has been used as a reason to justify certain buffs when the community (majority) expressed disappointment for those buffs.
I'm not concluding that every buff should be "Magneto level" or "Beyond-god tier" but meaningful and useful. Miles Morales, She-hulk, Spider-Gwen, Nebula, Howard the Duck (some examples), all these buffs in my opinion are meaningful and should be the base standard for any buff. They're not a must-have for any account neither are they unusable when you have them. You can be happy with when you pull them, use them or choose not to as well.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to share your thoughts and which buff are you looking forward to.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I just watched KT1 video on this post and he hit the nail on the head on the goal #1 for the buffs. It's not a valid reason by all counts. It's just an excuse to set in place for any mediocre or failed buff to the community. Fingers crossed though until Juggs buff
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    “The goals have always been:
    Give Champions an update that will help them feel more meaningful, especially for newer players who usually have fewer options to deal with challenges”

When it says especially for newer players, that’s a great thing, but newer players isn’t everyone. In fact it’s not a huge portion of players, even though there are many. Older/Endgame players still want to be impressed and have a meaningful impact on their account too. And champs like Xpool and Jane feel like just another waste to them. There can be a way to make champs simple, for newer players, yet effective for everyone. Take Nebula for example. Nebula is simple to use, hold block, parry and SP2. There isn’t a super complicated rotation, there isn’t a need to intercept or other complex mechanics, she isn’t that hard for a newer player to learn. When you’re a newer player, the content you play has attack pools relatively close to your own, meaning the block damage you take is somewhat minimal. You also might have a harder time parrying if youre new, which yes isnt the easiest thing to do at that level, but only needs to be done once. Consider the impact that Nebula has on top tier players as well. She’s used quite often in AW, and great for nearly every other content.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

“The goals have always been:
    Give Champions an update that will help them feel more meaningful, especially for newer players who usually have fewer options to deal with challenges”

When it says especially for newer players, that’s a great thing, but newer players isn’t everyone. In fact it’s not a huge portion of players, even though there are many. Older/Endgame players still want to be impressed and have a meaningful impact on their account too. And champs like Xpool and Jane feel like just another waste to them. There can be a way to make champs simple, for newer players, yet effective for everyone. Take Nebula for example. Nebula is simple to use, hold block, parry and SP2. There isn’t a super complicated rotation, there isn’t a need to intercept or other complex mechanics, she isn’t that hard for a newer player to learn. When you’re a newer player, the content you play has attack pools relatively close to your own, meaning the block damage you take is somewhat minimal. You also might have a harder time parrying if youre new, which yes isnt the easiest thing to do at that level, but only needs to be done once. Consider the impact that Nebula has on top tier players as well. She’s used quite often in AW, and great for nearly every other content.

Technically, the Players at later stages aren't a huge number either.
  • Options
    Let's keep conversations about this centralized in one thread. This one was started earlier: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/309704/champion-update-and-reworks-discussion
This discussion has been closed.