**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hulk Ragnarok Face Me Ability Does Not Work With Bleeds

https://youtu.be/645ZPtOM4cE

Am I missing something here or is this a known issue? If not I wanted to bring this possible bug to light.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Am I missing something here or is this a known issue? If not I wanted to bring this possible bug to light.

bleeds are not "passive" in the sense you are thinking off. When they say passive they mean not triggered, like starburst if on you at the start and the damage just increases based on damage to the opponent.
  • Options
    AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★

He regens only when passive damage over time debuff is applied while bleed is an active debuff
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Only "passive damage over time" abilities. It doesn't work with any debuff, since those are active abilities.
  • Options

Only "passive damage over time" abilities. It doesn't work with any debuff, since those are active abilities.

The problem is the phrasing is confusing, so I get why people do not understand it. Dots are passive damage. But by passive they mean the trigger, not the buff itself.
  • Options
    Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    Lormif said:

The problem is the phrasing is confusing, so I get why people do not understand it. Dots are passive damage. But by passive they mean the trigger, not the buff itself.
    Doesn't he get health back from cold snap though? that's not listed as a passive or a debuff. I just always assumed it was a debuff.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Doesn't he get health back from cold snap though? that's not listed as a passive or a debuff. I just always assumed it was a debuff.
    no, he should not get it on coldsnap.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/49711/hulk-ragnarok-doesn-t-activate-face-me-on-coldsnap
  • Options
    Hey there, as some have mentioned, the Face Me ability only works for Passive Damage Over Time Effects, which are different from Debuffs. Debuffs can be distinguished by the light ring around the border of their icon and can also be Purified by Champions like Agent Venom or Crossbones. Passive Effects don't have that light border around their icon and can't be Purified or prevented by effects or abilities that specifically target Debuffs. Hope that helps clear things up!
  • Options

Hey there, as some have mentioned, the Face Me ability only works for Passive Damage Over Time Effects, which are different from Debuffs. Debuffs can be distinguished by the light ring around the border of their icon and can also be Purified by Champions like Agent Venom or Crossbones. Passive Effects don't have that light border around their icon and can't be Purified or prevented by effects or abilities that specifically target Debuffs. Hope that helps clear things up!

Thank you Zibiit and everyone else who chimed in to help me out here. I learned something today, haha. Thank you all for clearing this up.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Lormif said:

Coldsnap is a Debuff, so it wouldn't activate Face Me. As a side note, Iceman's Frostbite charges wouldn't active Face Me either. They are Passive Effects, but they don't deal damage over time, just one bit of damage when they expire.

Thank you Zibiit and everyone else who chimed in to help me out here. I learned something today, haha. Thank you all for clearing this up.
    Glad it helped!
  • Options

Lormif said:

Coldsnap is a Debuff, so it wouldn't activate Face Me. As a side note, Iceman's Frostbite charges wouldn't active Face Me either. They are Passive Effects, but they don't deal damage over time, just one bit of damage when they expire.

Glad it helped!
    Now what about the AI passively hitting me dealing damage over time throughout the fight? Haha
  • Options

Lormif said:

Glad it helped!
    I will be honest, I wish you guys would change from this "debuff" vs "passives". Those passives are also debuffs. I think it would be easier for people to understand if it was a triggered debuff vs a passive debuff.
  • Options
    It's just the game language. In it, "passive debuffs" don't exist.
    It takes some time to people to know the differences between each other, but it's pretty clear to however knows it
  • Options
    Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Why doesnt map 6 degen activate face me, its passive?
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★

The same confusing reason that Bane doesn't activate Face Me. Both should theoretically activate the ability as both are passive damage over time, but it doesn't for some reason
  • Options

The same confusing reason that Bane doesn't activate Face Me. Both should theoretically activate the ability as both are passive damage over time, but it doesn't for some reason
    bane is triggered, on first hit, then moves from target to target.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

It doesn't matter how it is triggered. The description reads as follows: "Hulk becomes enraged while under the effects of a cowardly passive damage over time effect." So any time it's effecting him, it should trigger face me. How it was triggered is not mentioned.

It should absolutely trigger from bane if you ask me. If this game had any logic at all anyway.
  • Options
    Bane and that degeneration node on map 6 are not debuffs or passive damage over time abilities. They belong to a third category of abilities that still don't have a different icon from passive abilities
  • Options
    Thats really really stupid, i mean debuff and passive, sure thats fine, but a third category that doesnt fit either is pretty dumb
  • Options
    It's because these aren't meant to be countered by other abilities.
    Like for example, life transfer or Flare, of the new nodes on act 6. These are supposed to be countered by the node itself, and nothing more.
  • Options
    Starburst is countered by ghulk but degen of .60 of your life per second isnt, both are nodes, but one falls into the said "third category" while the other procs face me
  • Options
    Shrimkins said:

Lormif said:

It doesn't matter how it is triggered. The description reads as follows: "Hulk becomes enraged while under the effects of a cowardly passive damage over time effect." So any time it's effecting him, it should trigger face me. How it was triggered is not mentioned.

It should absolutely trigger from bane if you ask me. If this game had any logic at all anyway.
    It does matter. If it is a triggered debuff, meaning it happens from something, then it is a debuff. It is is just there then it is a passive. You are making the same mistake that I told kabam above they should change the wording on the description. active/passive is based on how it is on you, not the damage itself.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Shrimkins said:

Lormif said:

It does matter. If it is a triggered debuff, meaning it happens from something, then it is a debuff. It is is just there then it is a passive. You are making the same mistake that I told kabam above they should change the wording on the description. active/passive is based on how it is on you, not the damage itself.
    What? You are going to have to define "happens from something" better because that makes zero sense. A passive DoT describes the type of DoT, not how it was applied.

Again, read the description. He should trigger it any time he is under the effect of a passive DoT. That should describe any passive DoT. Clearly it doesn't. That's why we are having this conversation.

If you think the description is wrong then what would you change it to? I argue there is no definition that would fit its current functionality aside from flat out listing every DoT that triggers it individually.

Kabam should just do the right thing and make the ability function like the description says. Of course this will never happen.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Cool. Does Kabam have a list of icons and their meanings, including the specific design-related indicator you refer to here? These have always been somewhat of a mystery to me.
  • Options

The degenerate you get from double swiping back on 6.1.1 does activate face me
  • Options
    Shrimkins said:

Lormif said:

Shrimkins said:

Lormif said:

What? You are going to have to define "happens from something" better because that makes zero sense. A passive DoT describes the type of DoT, not how it was applied.

Again, read the description. He should trigger it any time he is under the effect of a passive DoT. That should describe any passive DoT. Clearly it doesn't. That's why we are having this conversation.

If you think the description is wrong then what would you change it to? I argue there is no definition that would fit its current functionality aside from flat out listing every DoT that triggers it individually.

Kabam should just do the right thing and make the ability function like the description says. Of course this will never happen.
    One of the definitions of passive is:
    Passive has 2 important definitions here:

1:Accepting or allowing what happens or what others do, without active response or resistance.
    and
    2: containing no source

Dots are all "passive" meaning they do damage to you without the other champ needing doing anything (definition one). Starburst on the other hand is passive in the way it is applied (you start with it, definition 2) as well as what it does, definition 1. Bleed on the other hand is triggered, meaning it is applied to you based on an action, meaning it has a source, but does not require an active response, 1, but not 2. The same with bane. So while they are all passive in one way, they are the second possible way they are triggered/passive.
  • Options
    DesertFox7DesertFox7 Posts: 21
    I will say Hulk Rags face me ability isn’t working against Ebony Maw and his degeneration. Which is definitely a passive over time based off the icon. Unless I’m missing something