**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Cheaters Question?

As we all may know from taking a simple scroll thru Battlegrounds top players there are a great number of them in the top 1000 which is the bracket to get a decent chunk of T6B & T3A (reference, I'm close to getting my first r4).

At the moment I am 1300 so close to being in that <1000 bracket however I'm am curious to know if the hackers will be sorted out before or after the rewards are distributed, and if it is done before will I get a boost in position in relation to how many hackers were/are above me in the leaderboard.

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    OP, I’ll say that I’m very impressed that you’re so high in the rankings and don’t even have a r4 yet. Congrats. Wish my skills were as good as yours.
  • Options
    AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256

OP, I’ll say that I’m very impressed that you’re so high in the rankings and don’t even have a r4 yet. Congrats. Wish my skills were as good as yours.

Its definitely a struggle tho lmao
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

The leaderboards will be examined to remove cheaters before distributing rewards. I know this still impacts players match-to-match experience, but this is a beta, so please try to be patient as we work towards a resolution.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Honestly it’s a simple solution, give all Paragons the top 1000 rewards and all Thronebreakers the top 2500 rewards and don’t run a leaderboard rank rewards system until there’s a solution to the cheaters.

Yeah it’s a beta, but it requires your real account’s resources (energy, champ rank ups, etc) and offers rewards that are extremely beneficial to your live account. I don’t see it as fair because it’s not as simple as taking the cheaters out of the leaderboard when it’s all said and done. Because what about the many matchups players experienced against them and that cost them wins and energy for basically nothing along the way? You don’t just meet them right at the top, they show up even in ranks below 2500 and can prevent others from climbing.

To run a beta on the live servers and charge a valuable resource (energy) that is taking away from other valuable content in exchange for an “opportunity” to get some of the top resource in the game when there’s still just so many issues with the mode itself that factors into players success and ability to get it to benefit their live account is just out of my comprehension and I just don’t see as fair.

I don’t believe any of us summoners (outside of a select few) honestly believe Kabam will get this done correctly once the rewards get handed out. So I think it’s best to just make it fair and reward everyone for playing and work towards getting this correct before trying to implement it again in the future.

@Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike , please look into making a fair solution to this mess and reward the players that are trying their best honestly. They’re not just at the very top they’re also right there on the cusps and preventing so many from climbing to the best resource in the game and may even still miss out because of a flawed ban system.

As nice as this would be it’s not fair to either side there are paragon players who won’t earn even a top 2500 ranking and there are thronebreakers who will earn a top 1000 ranking. So just giving away things isn’t fair for anyone. I’m paragon and just around 1100 ranking so as much as it would benefit me it wouldn’t be fair if I were to stop playing and just get top because of my title. The beat way is to clear all the cheaters from leaderboards after it ends. They should be able to catch this before but do we really expect kabam to? Should they be able to? Yes. Have they ever really done anything right the first time? Seldom.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Honestly it’s a simple solution, give all Paragons the top 1000 rewards and all Thronebreakers the top 2500 rewards and don’t run a leaderboard rank rewards system until there’s a solution to the cheaters.

Yeah it’s a beta, but it requires your real account’s resources (energy, champ rank ups, etc) and offers rewards that are extremely beneficial to your live account. I don’t see it as fair because it’s not as simple as taking the cheaters out of the leaderboard when it’s all said and done. Because what about the many matchups players experienced against them and that cost them wins and energy for basically nothing along the way? You don’t just meet them right at the top, they show up even in ranks below 2500 and can prevent others from climbing.

To run a beta on the live servers and charge a valuable resource (energy) that is taking away from other valuable content in exchange for an “opportunity” to get some of the top resource in the game when there’s still just so many issues with the mode itself that factors into players success and ability to get it to benefit their live account is just out of my comprehension and I just don’t see as fair.

I don’t believe any of us summoners (outside of a select few) honestly believe Kabam will get this done correctly once the rewards get handed out. So I think it’s best to just make it fair and reward everyone for playing and work towards getting this correct before trying to implement it again in the future.

@Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike , please look into making a fair solution to this mess and reward the players that are trying their best honestly. They’re not just at the very top they’re also right there on the cusps and preventing so many from climbing to the best resource in the game and may even still miss out because of a flawed ban system.

As nice as this would be it’s not fair to either side there are paragon players who won’t earn even a top 2500 ranking and there are thronebreakers who will earn a top 1000 ranking. So just giving away things isn’t fair for anyone. I’m paragon and just around 1100 ranking so as much as it would benefit me it wouldn’t be fair if I were to stop playing and just get top because of my title. The beat way is to clear all the cheaters from leaderboards after it ends. They should be able to catch this before but do we really expect kabam to? Should they be able to? Yes. Have they ever really done anything right the first time? Seldom.
    It is fair, it’s a beta, the whole point is testing out the game mode. There shouldn't be valuable rank rewards implemented in a broken test mode. The past 2 beta people played it, dealt with the cheaters, but ultimately got the same rewards from the store since you had to use real in game resources to play, but everyone got the same for testing. Same goes this time around we’re still testing a game mode with our live rosters but the issues still persist.

In the previous betas there were a ton of players that constantly played to climb a pointless leaderboard for literally no added reward, their reward was enjoying the game mode. This time around it would be the same if they just gave everyone the resource for playing as that’s just extra, you still got to play and have fun. Outside of a very few players at the very very top there isn’t really anything earned about spots 1000 and down.

Yesterday I won 6 straight matches from either someone quitting out, having a much better roster than the opponent, or just cheesing them with unfair defenders and climbed from 7,000 to 1,600. Literally didn’t feel like I earned anything about that rank, I followed that up with matching 2 straight bot accounts that I lost in 6 seconds to and dropped back down below 3,000. Again nothing in that sample size says fair or skilled to me. I’m sure on the final day before rewards comes in players are just going to blitz it to try to get in there last second and steal a rank from someone who played their butt off all 2 weeks.

The success in this mode outside of maybe 300-500 players at the very top is determined by matchmaking. There should not be rank rewards when this issue still exists that prevents others from normal matchups that they can win or matching players at their level or matching unwinnable games against bots. The last 2 betas gave nothing extra, and by Kabam giving the very best resource in the game to all PG/TBs as a thank you for playing our broken mode this time around is just extra, it’s not earned, it’s not unfair. Good for those that scored high on the leaderboard again, but let’s not put the most valuable resources in game behind a faulty mode filled with too many circumstances that keep it from being fair.

A Thronebreaker that “earned” a top 1000 shouldn’t complain at all about getting any R4 mats or less than PG when the past 2 betas they did the same and got literally nothing like that. This is about the fact that outside of a very very small group of skilled players everyone else pushing is getting absolutely screwed by the bots and it’s preventing them from having an equal or fair opportunity to reach the high ranks. Kabam can simply just reward everyone for playing and have a better plan to have this fixed for next time before rewarding out resources like this in a game mode, especially a beta.

The rank rewards are there for one reason, to incentivize players keeping their ratings as high as they can as opposed to tanking their rating to get easy wins for the milestone rewards. It was something lots of people including myself asked for so that lower strength players at least have better odds of matching someone the same strength as them.