**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on relics in battlegrounds?

As the title says, I'm curious to hear others input. Personally, relics seem unnecessary & honestly, kind of stupid. I get using them in personal aspects of the game but for those of us who have no interest, or others where they might be unattainable puts people in at a severe disadvantage. Can't use them in war, which is competitive, so why in BGs? Also competitive. Not only worrying about potential modders is difficult enough

Comments

• Options
    e_BULKe_BULK Posts: 21
    edited October 2022
    After the announcement I have a question related to relics into Battlegrounds: it says that the relics are for now only usable for attackers; does that mean that if a champion with a relic is placed as a defender in Battlegrounds the relic would not come into play @Kabam Miike? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Will we have say a month grace of messing around with them like the ccp? Moving them around to test will cost so if we cant do it like they did then we would be at a disadvantage
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★
    I agree, they create an advantage for those who use them, one could argue that masteries does that also but at least we all have access to masteries right away. I'm not too fussed about relics atm, seems too complicated to wrap my head around the text/explanation of how theyll work (I'm more of a learn by doing type of person). It should of been released into the likes of EQ first to be monitored, once they can safely say its not game breaking, then roll it out to the competitive modes. That also allows everyone some time to collect some.

It could of worked better in War first coz everyone is locked in their tiers from day 1 of the season (as in, a bronze ally can't face a master ally). ** I assume relics are first going to be awarded to those people who finish high up in glad circuit?** ... which certainly creates an unfair advantage. If the guys who finish top 10 in BGs season are awarded one then come next season when we all start from scratch, them 10 players will have something that literally nobody else has.

• Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    What makes more happy about the Relics than anything else, is that I have the practical option to completely ignore them (based on my progression level and the competitive level I wish to play the game at). And those who want to be ultra competitive and at the highest echelon of players, can knock themselves out for them.

• Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Just hope that it's still going to be possible to progress through victory track without relics.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★

e_BULK said:

After the announcement I have a question related to relics into Battlegrounds: it says that the relics are for now only usable for attackers; does that mean that if a champion with a relic is placed as a defender in Battlegrounds the relic would not come into play @Kabam Miike? Thanks in advance.

This is my understanding. I'll get more clarification before launch, but understandably, the game team is pretty busy getting to the Relics Launch and aren't really available to answer my questions right now :tongue:
    Wouldn't the time to find out these things be before the release, and not after? I appreciate everyone is busy, and wouldn't expect say the developers working on relics to be combing through the forum, but surely there is some opportunity to internally review the intended behavior or at least add it to the list of tests being performed.
  • Options
    Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    edited November 2022
    I’m more interested in using Relics one day in Story, so I can finally complete Act 6 lol.

I enjoyed using Strikers in SQ previously, so I’m keeping an open mind. However, wish they decided to release Relics in Nov EQ/SQ to give everyone a chance to develop that new skill.
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    The funny thing about relics is that battlegrounds imo is the one game mode where I WOULDN’T want them to be. Battlegrounds has strategy, skill and some rng at its core. That’s what makes it so fun. And less than a month in, it’s about to add a way to “cheat” lol. Looking at some of the relics, you’ll basically be forced to ban the champs with relics bound to them. I never ban CGR or Rintrah but after seeing what those relics do for them, you’d have to or it’s basically an automatic win.

Story content, long form content (abyss) and special content (Guantlet) are where these things would be incredible, but for some reason that’ll likely be the last place we’re able to use them.
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    I hate the idea of them at all, let alone the many bugs they will undoubtedly bring.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Eventually, you'll be able to use Relics in Alliance Wars, and everywhere else in the game as well, just not at the start. Most game modes weren't built with Relics in mind, but Battlegrounds was. From the start, we've always known that Relics will be a part of Battlegrounds.

Now something to keep in mind though, even though the Mode was made for Relics, it doesn't mean that there can't be unforeseen interactions that could require some action. Hopefully we don't have those, but it could happen.

I'm going to go out on a limb here... 100% there will be unforeseen interactions lol