**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gameplay feedback at 4 am

Gameplay at 4 am aus/Nz time - there were absolutely no lags.
I’m the one normally complaining about lags issues in game.
At 4 am my game was working fine with no lags and Very less loading time to go to the next fight.

Now I’m hundred percent sure it’s not my device - it’s the amount of people log in to play this game that causes lags.

This also explains why we have so much lags when AQ starts.

Either the amount of people need to be reduced that log in or servers (if that’s an issue) need to be fixed.
One of the above options will eventually happen.

Comments

• Gladiator09Gladiator09 Posts: 287 ★★
    Gameplay at 4 am aus/Nz time - there were absolutely no lags.
    I’m the one normally complaining about lags issues in game.
    At 4 am my game was working fine with no lags and Very less loading time to go to the next fight.

Now I’m hundred percent sure it’s not my device - it’s the amount of people log in to play this game that causes lags.

This also explains why we have so much lags when AQ starts.

Either the amount of people need to be reduced that log in or servers (if that’s an issue) need to be fixed.
    One of the above options will eventually happen.

Mate, you do realise that it was only 4am for you? That there were just as many people on the game as always around the world, just less in your area. What this actually shows is that at 4am your time, less people were using your wifi provider in YOUR area, therefore it was faster. So proves that it is not Kabam at all, it is your provider and/or device

Lol really !! Fibre lines doesn’t get affected by the amount of people using the internet
  • Sgt_Doakes1Sgt_Doakes1 Posts: 34
    At 4am your time it could very well be a time when the bulk of players are not logged in globally. Speaking for myself I know the lag has been ridiculous for me the last month so I do believe it is not so much Internet connection as it is an issue on Kabam side.
    As a side note seems like Hubris comments on almost all the threads here and is obviously a Kabam apologist, seems like he gets off on trying to disapprove OP posts.
    Before @Hubris_hater was trying to put on device now he’s trying internet .. he’s a well known troll in the forums
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I think different regions actually have different servers but I could be wrong, this would support ops theory
    @Hubris_hater lol I can’t be bothered replying
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    edited January 2018
    I don't experience lag at all when i am not connected to WiFi. The lag issues i do see are from my WiFi in general. For every person complaining about lag, you can find 1 that isn't as well. But for the OP, It's not 4 am everywhere when it's 4 am for you. You aren't the only one on during those times. I would say the player base is fairly spread out. 4 am for you is 9pm my time which at that time i play heavily. I live in Dallas Texas which is very populated. Your theory is not well supported and more likely a local issues more than Kabams issue.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I don't experience lag at all when i am not connected to WiFi. The lag issues i do see are from my WiFi in general. For every person complaining about lag, you can find 1 that isn't as well. But for the OP, It's not 4 am everywhere when it's 4 am for you. You aren't the only one on during those times. I would say the player base is fairly spread out. 4 am for you is 9pm my time which at that time i play heavily. I live in Dallas Texas which is very populated. Your theory is not well supported and more likely a local issues more than Kabams issue.

There’s another level of thinking - that it could be different severs for different regions ..
    Boom !
    edited January 2018

There’s another level of thinking - that it could be different severs for different regions ..
    Boom !

What ever gets you through the day man. I know how hard you guys want to blame every little thing on Kabam. They have their set of issues but doesn't mean it's always on their side but hey, you have to blame losing on someone right?

Boom !

What ever gets you through the day man. I know how hard you guys want to play every little thing on Kabam. They have their set of issues but doesn't mean it's always on their side but hey, you have to blame losing on someone right?

Lol so basically you couldn’t answer ! Have a good day
  • SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    edited January 2018
    I wouldn't be surprised at all that different regions are served by different servers or whatnot. Back when they had the mass outages during the anniversary, parts of the world were still up while other parts couldn't get in at all. As I understand it from what little information kabam does provide about their infrastructure, I recall they use amazon servers which are most likely distributed across the world, like google, and not centrally located. I could be wrong on the provider (might have been a commenter and not kabam that stated this, but a lot of software companies would let other companies handle that hardware side so they wouldn't have to cover the expenses themselves, it's already in place by the provider). This would make sense from an IT perspective as you never put all your eggs in the same basket.

@Hubris_hater still waiting for that list of all the millions of names of people that don't experience these issues...how you doing on that?
    Of course there are different servers for different parts of the world. That is literally how every game is set up that uses online play. I never said there wasn't You aren't the only one in NZ playing and NZ doesn't have it's own server. Im sure AUS is part of that and China/Japan which there is a HUGE player base. You may have fibre for internet but your WiFi connection is still a Wifi connection no matter how it's ported into your residence. Your phone is not connected to the fibre. You can have amazing speeds but the connection (even on fibre) can still get bogged down by traffic. Fibre handles it better of course but it's not perfect. I've had internet speeds at 400mbs and 40mbs and experienced lag on both. I've also been connected to WiFi that runs a gig connection. Internet traffic can affect everyone. There are less people in your area playing at 4am than different parts of the day. Plain and simple. That is why you didn't see much or any lag at that point. Find actual evidence that it's Kabam's servers instead of trying to pin it on them. I have YET to see any actual proof (emerg maint excluded) of server lag. Know why? It's impossible to tell.
    Of course there are different servers for different parts of the world. That is literally how every game is set up that uses online play. I never said there wasn't You aren't the only one in NZ playing and NZ doesn't have it's own server. Im sure AUS is part of that and China/Japan which there is a HUGE player base. You may have fibre for internet but your WiFi connection is still a Wifi connection no matter how it's ported into your residence. Your phone is not connected to the fibre. You can have amazing speeds but the connection (even on fibre) can still get bogged down by traffic. Fibre handles it better of course but it's not perfect. I've had internet speeds at 400mbs and 40mbs and experienced lag on both. I've also been connected to WiFi that runs a gig connection. Internet traffic can affect everyone. There are less people in your area playing at 4am than different parts of the day. Plain and simple. That is why you didn't see much or any lag at that point. Find actual evidence that it's Kabam's servers instead of trying to pin it on them. I have YET to see any actual proof (emerg maint excluded) of server lag. Know why? It's impossible to tell.

Lol Yeah I don’t want to go into another discussion of internet speed and devices thank you very much
    I wouldn't be surprised at all that different regions are served by different servers or whatnot. Back when they had the mass outages during the anniversary, parts of the world were still up while other parts couldn't get in at all. As I understand it from what little information kabam does provide about their infrastructure, I recall they use amazon servers which are most likely distributed across the world, like google, and not centrally located. I could be wrong on the provider (might have been a commenter and not kabam that stated this, but a lot of software companies would let other companies handle that hardware side so they wouldn't have to cover the expenses themselves, it's already in place by the provider). This would make sense from an IT perspective as you never put all your eggs in the same basket.

@Hubris_hater still waiting for that list of all the millions of names of people that don't experience these issues...how you doing on that?

During that rash if outages, they explained that their servers are through a 3rd party company and they have little to do with connects and server failures. They never stated who the provider was but Kabam doesn't own their servers.
    @Demonzfyre does it really matter if kabam owns the servers or third party ?
    It’s kabams responsibility to make sure gameplay runs smooth .

Lol Yeah I don’t want to go into another discussion of internet speed and devices thank you very much

@Gladiator09 so now you are the one that can't answer?
    @Demonzfyre does it really matter if kabam owns the servers or third party ?
    It’s kabams responsibility to make sure gameplay runs smooth .

Kabam employ's a service, what control do they have over the servers? Do they run them? No. The 3rd party has their own employee's that run the servers. Kabam has some responsibility but not 100%. I don't know what is so hard to understand about any of that. Yes they can find a different provider of course but its not that easy.
    @Demonzfyre please stop embarrassing yourself .. you making me cringe
    edited January 2018
    @Demonzfyre please stop embarrassing yourself .. you making me cringe

Why? Because you can't seem to be able to respond? Go figure. Another serial complainer who can't finish arguments. You've called out Hubris and myself for not responding. I responded, you haven't, let alone show any proof to what you are talking about.
    edited January 2018
    @Demonzfyre bye bye from my thread
    @Demonzfyre bye bye from my thread

Jesus you would make a great Trump supporter. "present" facts and nothing to back them up. Great job.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I don’t know if you guys can’t read, op was just stating that he is sure it’s not his device. His original points were gameplay would be better if less people were connected which you have all agreed to, or if servers were upgraded, a logical conclusion from that step, it wasn’t even a blame game at that stage, you have then blamed his internet something many of the people complaining of lag have sent screenshots of high internet speeds and nothing else on their devices playing up? yes I have to agree device issues aren’t really the problem as it’s happening across many devices and many connections, many people have stated that good data connections seem to sometimes improve the lag over wifi again I don’t understand why I can’t speculate on, my phone was a brand new iPhone 7 months ago and it was good forabout 4 months, but the lag complaints definitely seem to be ramped in those 3 months so whilst some people say new devices fix things, if 4 months worth of good play is all I get from a $800 phone then flag.

Yes when there were major server outages my nz alliance members were fine. The compensation from modoks lab I got was awesome because I only missed one in the whole month...

I don’t think many people at this point don’t agree that kabam could do with upgrading their servers. The hamster analogy has been used many times, but sure what you guys are even arguing about I’m pretty sure the ops point was broad and simple and most people agree
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    On weekends the lag is real. It could be because there's more players to overload servers.

However I notice lag only in AQ and AW or really hard content, could it be subtle $$$$ grinding? I for sure think settings are adjusted
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    On weekends the lag is real. It could be because there's more players to overload servers.

However I notice lag only in AQ and AW or really hard content, could it be subtle $$$$ grinding? I for sure think settings are adjusted

@xoRIVALox No, just no. This is one of the stupidest comments ever made. Are you kidding me? You are saying kabam employ's people to watch millions of accounts for when they access aq, aw and harder content just to get you to spend money? Please stop posting.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    edited January 2018
    Why would they "watch millions of accounts" you think there's not stats of peak play times? You think they don't know how much profit is made per day? You think they can't tweak code a bit or have code embedded to que up at certain times to speed up timers? You're a fool

Let's check current profit this is the daily one, USA only, iPhone. Even we can check when bank is made
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/9653/marvel-contest-of-champions/

If you can't comprehend even the most straight forward concepts, perhaps you should take some time off forums and reconsider your trolling tactics

[Edited by Moderation]
    Post edited by Kabam Ahab on
    edited January 2018
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    You truly are a simpleton. Why would they "watch millions of accounts" you think there's not stats of peak play times? You think they don't know how much profit is made per day? You think they can't tweak code a bit or have code embedded to que up at certain times to speed up timers? You're a fool

Let's check current profit this is the daily one, USA only, iPhone. Even we can check when bank is made
    https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/9653/marvel-contest-of-champions/

If you can't comprehend even the most straight forward concepts, perhaps you should take some time off forums and reconsider your trolling tactics

You are some kind of conspiracy theorist that think Kabam is out to get them. i don't experience more lag in AW and AQ. You are throwing accusations around just like OP with not a shred of evidence. it's been proven time and time again that you don't need money to progress in the game. Seatin does it on his F2P account and so does Brian grant. You choose to spend money. You dont have to. You are a simpleton to think Kabam's strategy is to "lag" AQ and AW during "peak" times etc... considering the millions and millions of people that log in at different times to play AQ and AW. The amount of programming that would go into that would not be worth the cost to do it. You are truly an idiot for even thinking that. Their revenue is mostly from people wanting to fast track their profiles in buying crystals, boosts and what not. Come at me with some hard evidence or don't come at all.

[Edited by Moderation]
    Post edited by Kabam Ahab on
  • edited January 2018
    Please remember that we expect all users to treat each other with respect. Insults, personal attacks, harassment, inflammatory posting, or generally rude posts will not be tolerated.