**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No more identity in MCOC.

Comments

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I honestly do not understand why people have a problem with this. Lol so you can't scout ahead that's why you are upset? says more about you as a player than them. This isn't different from Kabam hiding the champ info
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    I honestly do not understand why people have a problem with this. Lol so you can't scout ahead that's why you are upset? says more about you as a player than them. This isn't different from Kabam hiding the champ info

Did you read, or just open the thread and post? The ability to not scan ahead is good strategy by those doing it, but this could be handled with a game update, so everyone has this benefit without everyone requesting a name change to the same thing.

Please tell me more about me as a player :joy:
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Player1994 wrote: »
    bro wtf just click on your deffence and you have all the attaquers profil in front of you who cares if someone 's name is edfsjdsfgùjdfgjsgkfj or fslkgsdlksdlkfslkdf let it be it's their choices .. i dont like it too but it's their right to make it whatever they want
    speaking of alliances who do from this a requirement i doubt it if they really exist ( they are stupid)

This guy is 100% correct.
    Before clicking fight you can check the players profile to know what to expect
    And a players name/identity is their choice. This shouldnt even be regarded as an issue
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    I thought it was only possible to change your name if you used your personal name and request to change it for privacy reasons. Or at least required other legitimate reasons. How are entire alliances able to send in support tickets saying they no longer want to be called spiderman6283 they want to be called ililili11 instead. And how does it not raise a flag that people are sending in requests like "spiderman is my real name I don't want people to find me in real life, my favorite letters are i and l and my favorite number is 1 can you just make me a name with all my favorite letters and numbers randomly organized in no recognizable pattern K thx."?
  • FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★
    edited July 2018
    regards those players named llllllllll... the trick is those name are a different combination of "uppercase i" and "lowercase L". example "LiLLLii", "iLLLiii" etc. same as states the description of ally is "the home of trolls". Think that is a pretty intelligent & "not against ToS" way of trolling 😁
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Gabbros wrote: »
    Toukolou wrote: »
    How about just showing a single, top champ for player profiles. Easier change than hiding all names in aw, and such.
    I never understood the big “need” of showing our top champs. Would b a lot better if we can customize our profile pic and avatar to a champion of our choice.

that's will remove a strategic point from alliance wars . do not agree not bcz i care but it's gonna make thing f* up so if they do it i'm showing my 2* scarlet as my avatar think twice of it ( it's not that good ) you'll have trouble identifying your own alliance mates
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    bro wtf just click on your deffence and you have all the attaquers profil in front of you who cares if someone 's name is edfsjdsfgùjdfgjsgkfj or fslkgsdlksdlkfslkdf let it be it's their choices .. i dont like it too but it's their right to make it whatever they want
    speaking of alliances who do from this a requirement i doubt it if they really exist ( they are stupid)

And a players name/identity is their choice. This shouldnt even be regarded as an issue

Yes, and at that moment I can choose the counter for that champ... oh wait ..

Dunno about you but my offense champs are always the same based on abilities
    One power locker - magik
    One bypass champ -kingpin
    an immunity champ (depending on my path) or a high damage dealer -ultron or sl or ws

Played tier 3-5 wars and i never seemed to care about player names

One power locker - magik
    an immunity champ (depending on my path) or a high damage dealer -ultron or sl or ws

The top of Master bracket is much more competitive. :lol:
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78

One power locker - magik

Unfortunately this is not a luxury of Master/Plat 1. You could potentially make a case if you have the Blade trinity based on path but most of us have 4-6 primary offensive champs based on what seems to be present on our lines.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Didn’t these names need to be requested via support and approved by Kabam staff members?

Why were any of these barcode names approved in the first place @Kabam Miike? At the very least it’s gaming the system and hardly in the spirit of the game.

One power locker - magik

Unfortunately this is not a luxury of Master/Plat 1. You could potentially make a case if you have the Blade trinity based on path but most of us have 4-6 primary offensive champs based on what seems to be present on our lines.

Hmm you do have a point.
    Haven't yet experienced tier 1 or 2 wars
    So i cant say for sure
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★
    I agree with OP, they could easily update game profiles so players don't have to do this strategy. They could either just show the strongest champ you have and take away the other top champs, or they could allow you to customize what you show on your game profile.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    yep just hide the names, problem solved
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    gohard123 wrote: »

Did you read, or just open the thread and post? The ability to not scan ahead is good strategy by those doing it, but this could be handled with a game update, so everyone has this benefit without everyone requesting a name change to the same thing.

Please tell me more about me as a player :joy:

I wasn't referring to you, and was agreeing with you that Kabam could just hide champ info and it would be the same thing. I was referring to the people who were complaining that it was some sort of cheating. It wasn't said in this thread but some content creators were on twitter saying that it was some sort of cowardly strategy and Kabam should "stop them"
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Give it a rest dude...didn’t your ally finish second? This comes off as extreamly petty.

They thought of something you didn’t and it’s moderatly annoying for prepping for each alliance war boohoo.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    @Riegel

Barcodes and pretty much ALL of the "within boundaries" solution found for wars are no more no less than consequences of a poorly developed and less than basic and sufficient effort put by Kabam's Devs in the content. Actually, in the whole game.

Limiting resources, strongly pointing towards pay to win despite having given one single season away where thumbs actually mattered, nerfing and changing metas at will, rigging drop chanches, getting rid of featured crystals, not fixing ingame bugs, adding unavoidbale dmg, unavoidable stuns, and so on going forward to the list.

When Devs completely poop over their player's head, they either stop playing (and it's happening A LOT) or adapt and find the most suitable counter to said pooping.

-Some people fled ipads.
    -Some people used modded .Apk
    -Some people did both
    -Some people agreed for 2* wars

-Some people adopted barcodes

And that's pretty much it. Going from th cheating to the "whitin the rules" categories. The only LAME thing here is how a supposed to be a "gaming company" can easily find so many new ways of improving the SLOT MACHINE sides of the game why they absolutely lack any moral, knowledge and actual skill to take care of the "let's play and have fun in a game" side.

And despite what you're saying is legit, you're asking for the wrong solution. Solution here is have DEVS work on CONTENT to make it fun, challenging and deprived of BS. Cause that is and will alwais be the root of all problems
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

would it work? yes, altho:

-Scouting and strategy are completely removed from AW
    -The difficulty of any AW skyrockets after they already made "adjustments" aka idiotic new nodes to make it not finishable.

Every action has a reaction in game and every time an action is taken a rebalance should happen to either raise or lower the difficuty curve.

That said, can you freely, and easily state that, would kabam remove names in AWs, they'd also care of taking time to reblance the whole scenario so that an already absurd display of new minibosses and new defenders doesnt turn into an even more effed up enviroinment?

They would hide names and call it a day, and aw would become more or less 300% times more stressing and spending oriented.

That is why asking devs to simply remove names isn't a solution, and won't benefit anyone, rather make the spending curve, the nerves, and the will to stop playing skyrocket. and this happens whenever a company fails completely to reach their playerbase, and has a game which aside from being addictive, isn't anything else right now.

DOwnload any slot machine app on your phone, and you'll find yourself not needing to play mcoc anymore as things stand right now.
    edited July 2018
    Omni wrote: »
    Give it a rest dude...didn’t your ally finish second? This comes off as extreamly petty.

They thought of something you didn’t and it’s moderatly annoying for prepping for each alliance war boohoo.

We did get second. I don't care that another alliance is doing this. You are just putting words in my mouth and speaking non truths. I don't think it's petty at all. It's something I think should be changed, so I'm gonna mention it.

I myself do not want to be forced to do this. This is something that Kabam can fix for everyone with some simple code changes.

Please don't speak for me @Omni I do that well enough myself. Cheers.
    Vale84 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »

would it work? yes, altho:

-Scouting and strategy are completely removed from AW
    -The difficulty of any AW skyrockets after they already made "adjustments" aka idiotic new nodes to make it not finishable.

Every action has a reaction in game and every time an action is taken a rebalance should happen to either raise or lower the difficuty curve.

That said, can you freely, and easily state that, would kabam remove names in AWs, they'd also care of taking time to reblance the whole scenario so that an already absurd display of new minibosses and new defenders doesnt turn into an even more effed up enviroinment?

They would hide names and call it a day, and aw would become more or less 300% times more stressing and spending oriented.

That is why asking devs to simply remove names isn't a solution, and won't benefit anyone, rather make the spending curve, the nerves, and the will to stop playing skyrocket. and this happens whenever a company fails completely to reach their playerbase, and has a game which aside from being addictive, isn't anything else right now.

DOwnload any slot machine app on your phone, and you'll find yourself not needing to play mcoc anymore as things stand right now.

The name removal is already happening. You can't scout ahead with 30 people named llllllllllllllll. They might as well remove the defenders player names and save some time on converting more names to llllllllllllllll.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Ad0ra_

Is there any chance of this being addressed? We know it's not against the ToS, but it seems simply removing the name of the defending player would accomplish the same goal as the mass name changes.

More and more people are going to be changing their names to some version of lllllllllllll. How far will it spread idk, but I have 1 week left to change mine, and I'd like not to.

Also, what amount of time do you have to play with one name before you can change again?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    I dont get some people in this thread, why wouldn't they want a loophole plugged that eventually will trickle down and affect them?
    people are so short sighted they should know by now that whatever is happening at the top eventually makes its way down through the tiers

We did get second. I don't care that another alliance is doing this. You are just putting words in my mouth and speaking non truths. I don't think it's petty at all. It's something I think should be changed, so I'm gonna mention it.

I myself do not want to be forced to do this. This is something that Kabam can fix for everyone with some simple code changes.

Why bring it up if you don’t care ? You’re just pulling a brian grant saying I don’t want blade nerfed but kabam you should really look into changing him.

It annoyed me then and this annoys me now.

How many times have you faced these guys in war ? You should have a rough estimate of who they have and who they don’t after a couple wars.

@Brainimpacter I take issue because I don’t want people whining and complaining to dictate what I do or don’t do. There is nothing wrong with the name convention it’s just annoying for those who face them.

OPs initial premise for the thread being about identity is not a valid one. It’s always been you vs the ai. When you fight my champs in war you’re not fighting me so there was never an identity to begin with.

The whole point of this thread was to complain and indirectly stir the pot against an effective strategy leaving public opinion to deem something within the rules to be shady.

Why bring it up if you don’t care ? You’re just pulling a brian grant saying I don’t want blade nerfed but kabam you should really look into changing him.

How many times have you faced these guys in war ? You should have a rough estimate of who they have and who they don’t after a couple wars.

@Brainimpacter I take issue because I don’t want people whining and complaining to dictate what I do or don’t do. There is nothing wrong with the name convention it’s just annoying for those who face them.

OPs initial premise for the thread being about identity is not a valid one. It’s always been you vs the ai. When you fight my champs in war you’re not fighting me so there was never an identity to begin with.

The whole point of this thread was to complain and indirectly stir the pot against an effective strategy leaving public opinion to deem something within the rules to be shady.
    edited July 2018

The whole point of this thread was to complain and indirectly stir the pot against an effective strategy leaving public opinion to deem something within the rules to be deemed shady.

Well you're completely wrong and make a lot of assumptions. If you read any of my responses you'd see I say this is a good strategy, and that I say that if many people are going to do this then Kabam should fix it on their end. I'm sorry if you already changed your name.

1, I never said I didn't want this changed I always said I did.
    2. I brought it up because I do care I never said I didn't care about this becoming the norm.
    3. I'm not Brian Grant I'm RIegel. but probably soon lllllllllllll :lol:
    4. Wouldn't it also be annoying to fight someone whose name you don't know till you enter the fight?
    5. My initial point about identity is completely valid sorry you don't think it is.
    6. Your point about fighting your champs in war I'm not fighting you so there was never an identity to begin with. Is actually completely incorrect lol. You don't control the defender, but that defender is still your defender lol.
    7. The whole point of this thread was for Kabam to fix something on their end that will become more and more of the norm.
    8. Never called it shady.
    9. Didn't lose to any alliance that change their names anyway :joy:

Sorry if you lose some sort of advantage if this gets fixed haha.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom has an excellent point. If everyone becomes indistinguishable the. What’s to stop IlIlIlIl from being penalized for something lIlIlIlI did?

This does raise issues of accountability
    Hey everyone,

I wanted to drop by and let you know that we've been seeing many comments on this, and our teams are going to meet to discuss the concerns being shared. I don't have an exact update on that right this instance but wanted to make sure you were all aware that we're looking into it.

Thanks so much @Kabam Vydious