**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam and the probabilities...

StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Hi Kabam,

Could you take a look to your code ? i mean just to be sure that the percentage listed in your game and your RNG system is not bugged ?

I fought a Medusa on AW which had 5% evade due to globale node. after only 5 hits she did an evade and counter attacked me... only 5% but still she did the evade just after the start of the fight ! bad luck...

When you open some grand master crystal you still have 5% chance to get a 5 stars.. same percentage ? well no because after nearly a hundred crystal you end up with 98 3 stars and 2 4 stars !

It's as if the percentage are always against you ! Same with Spider OG which have nearly 20% chance to evade and sometimes evade all your attack for a full minute ! But when you try a crystal with a 20% chance to get a 5 stars.... you end up with a stupid 4 stars :(

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Hi Kabam,

Could you take a look to your code ? i mean just to be sure that the percentage listed in your game and your RNG system is not bugged ?

I fought a Medusa on AW which had 5% evade due to globale node. after only 5 hits she did an evade and counter attacked me... only 5% but still she did the evade just after the start of the fight ! bad luck...

When you open some grand master crystal you still have 5% chance to get a 5 stars.. same percentage ? well no because after nearly a hundred crystal you end up with 98 3 stars and 2 4 stars !

It's as if the percentage are always against you ! Same with Spider OG which have nearly 20% chance to evade and sometimes evade all your attack for a full minute ! But when you try a crystal with a 20% chance to get a 5 stars.... you end up with a stupid 4 stars :(

Percentages are per attack or crystal.
  • Options
    plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    Opened 1 cavalier crystal and pulled 6 star emma frost. Rng is working just fine
  • Options

I know it's a per attack or crystal chance but the system has a way of going wrong 99% of the time.

I might have some bad luck but sometime i can't help but wander about the way Kabam is using probabilty in this game ;)
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    It’s math time MCOC style😁
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

I know it's a per attack or crystal chance but the system has a way of going wrong 99% of the time.
    Then you shouldn't have any trouble recording evidence of the odds going against you 99% of the time for a statistically significant window of time. If a random generator is broken enough for a human being to spot it with just eyeballs and human memory, it should be overwhelmingly easy to prove. There's no such thing as a random number generator skew that a human's hunches can suspect is happening that video evidence can't find because it just doesn't happen often enough to record. That is literally impossible.

More likely, it seems the game goes against you 99% of the time only 1% of the time, and those are the times you remember.
    yeah...sure... of course...how could it be anything else Mr Kabam DNA !

It must be me as no one have, not even 1% of the summoner, ever encountered such problem...

Thank you for your wisdom, your keen intellect and the time you took to help me :*
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I pulled 2 6* aegons in a row.

The rng is fine, you just don't understand how it works.

IDK that could just be Kabam rewarding you for repeatedly defending them with logic, reason n stuff. 🧐 Definitely further evidence the crystals are rigged. 😂
  • Options

IDK that could just be Kabam rewarding you for repeatedly defending them with logic, reason n stuff. 🧐 Definitely further evidence the crystals are rigged. 😂
    If that was true then according to most on here I shouldn't have anything but maxed out god tier champs.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    I find it more annoying how with low evade rate champs evade 5-6 hits in raw
  • Options

If that was true then according to most on here I shouldn't have anything but maxed out god tier champs.
    Maybe that's part of the ruse? I don't even know who's supposed to conspire with whom anymore.
    lol who knows.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    People always say they have “bad luck” in this game which baffles me. The odds are overwhelmingly against you in most applications of RNG in this game. This is clearly expressed. That they expect to come out ahead against such horrible odds is purely wishful thinking if not downright delusional. Yet, we see it time and time again. How everybody has such horrible luck. They just cannot believe it. It’s quite scary if you think about this state of mind injected into other aspects of life. It becomes easier to comprehend the craziness.

Everyone has bad “luck” in MCOC. By design. The distinction is that some have more good luck than others.
  • Options

People always say they have “bad luck” in this game which baffles me. The odds are overwhelmingly against you in most applications of RNG in this game. This is clearly expressed. That they expect to come out ahead against such horrible odds is purely wishful thinking if not downright delusional. Yet, we see it time and time again. How everybody has such horrible luck. They just cannot believe it. It’s quite scary if you think about this state of mind injected into other aspects of life. It becomes easier to comprehend the craziness.

Plus everyone always promotes the bad pulls while there are far fewer threads on good pulls.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Vuska said:

maybe Kabam silently has percentages mechanism, like for a spenders, they give more.
    because my friend, spender... always have good pulls..
    maybe 5% will mean 95%

and like GN, 5% evade ? no... it's 95% evade actually...

Hahaha.. just my thought

This is a trick of the mind, and a classic one. Spenders appear to have better pulls, because they are opening hundreds more crystals than the average small or non-spender. Therefore, they hit more often. What nobody ever mentions is that they also miss hundreds of times more. This is an extremely simple principle, but the human brain is quite gullible despite all its potential.

• Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Stellar said:

Hi Kabam,

It sounds like you may have a problem with the concept of sample size.

• Options
    Hey there, we've addressed this topic a few times in the past but the odds of certain things happening are as they are stated within the game. A Champion having a 5% chance to Evade an attack does not mean it is impossible for them to Evade the first 5 attacks thrown at them, but rather that each of those individual attacks has a 5% chance of activating an Evade. The same is true of Crystals, each one has the exact percentages that are calculated to display for them within the game. I hope this helps clear things up!
This discussion has been closed.