**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"Advance" a 5* Champ

LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
I wrote this in the main 6* thread, but I'd like some thoughts on this before it gets buried on comments:

Why not instead of just adding 6* champs, give us the option also to "advance" a champ from 5* after we max him out? This would alleviate a lot of the issues that people are having with their champs being knocked down a notch and could also be added for 4* to 5* (or not, but the resource bottleneck will still limit the champs we can "advance" and then rank).

For example, I get the cats needed to finally max my 5* Voodoo to 5* 5/65. Once this is done, I have the option to "advance" this champ to 6* 1/1. Then I can proceed to rank him up again as far as I can as a 6*. The trade-off would be that I would obviously lose prestige and utility by moving him from 5/65 to 1/1 again, but I then have a 6* Voodoo with a (potentially) much higher ceiling.

Thoughts?

Comments

• CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Ah no, you choose to open feature crystals be happy with the result!
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I like the idea but the fact that this announcement was made officially than I would say it will never happen. They are too committed.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I like the idea but the fact that this announcement was made officially than I would say it will never happen. They are too committed.

Not saying to eliminate 6* as they are already set on doing, but possibly add this option when 6* become playable in 2018.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Ah no, you choose to open feature crystals be happy with the result!

Lol, this is the happiest I've ever seen you in forum. Glad you're having a nice day :D
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Well people celebrating about feature pulls and now feeling depressed does not concern me at all. Everyone is free to make the choices they do!
  • I wrote this in the main 6* thread, but I'd like some thoughts on this before it gets buried on comments:

Why not instead of just adding 6* champs, give us the option also to "advance" a champ from 5* after we max him out? This would alleviate a lot of the issues that people are having with their champs being knocked down a notch and could also be added for 4* to 5* (or not, but the resource bottleneck will still limit the champs we can "advance" and then rank).

For example, I get the cats needed to finally max my 5* Voodoo to 5* 5/65. Once this is done, I have the option to "advance" this champ to 6* 1/1. Then I can proceed to rank him up again as far as I can as a 6*. The trade-off would be that I would obviously lose prestige and utility by moving him from 5/65 to 1/1 again, but I then have a 6* Voodoo with a (potentially) much higher ceiling.

Thoughts?

Hey LocoMotives, we appreciate the feedback and ideas but would like to keep the discussion about 6-Star Champs centralized in one place. To that end, I'll be closing this thread, but everyone can feel free to share their thoughts in the main 6-Star Champion discussion, which can be found here:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16207/6-stars-discussion-thread/p1

This discussion has been closed.