**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iron Man (Infinity War) is not gaining full power

2»

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Okaythen said:

Honestly never noticed it with my IMIW
    But makes sense due to his sig

I'd disagree and say that if they wanted to keep his power in check because of his signature ability, they'd have lowered the power gain that's explicitly given in his signature ability and not just lower his innate power gain rate from hits.

Why would you hinder a champ's whole kit just so you can keep a small portion of it in check? Especially when that small portion already has it's own power gain component that could be altered.

For me, it doesn't make sense to reduce all of IMIW's power gain just to give the slightest of edges to players fighting him in his last 15% when duped. I mean, it took me this test and building to a full 3 bars of power in a controlled environment to verify that there is indeed a difference in his power gain rate. If he has a passive power gain going already, you're not going to notice a difference in a subtle power gain rate change in the closing moments of a fight. You've either got it under control or he's going to crush you. A 10% change in power gain rate on hits won't change that.
    I think his sig is only one aspect. I do actually think that if this was for balancing reasons then it was actually done with his whole kit in mind.

Sig and sp3 aside, without any automatic powergain in place the opponent is essentially locked down once you've reached your first sp1.

Now, I vividly used imiw in all kinds of content and the way I understand all of this becomes exceptionally noticeable against opponents with increased powergain. With a bit more powergain it would be far easier to get to your sp1 and lock the opponent, but with his lower powergain rate you need to approach these matchups a bit more carefully and tactically.

This way they can have his base kit function the way it does and still add a bit of challenge for balancing reasons.

Thinking about it this could actually mostly or even only be about his pseudo-powerlock mechanic. Again, the fight is essentially completely under control once you've reached your first sp1/sp3. Decreasing his powerdrain for example would do nothing to balance this ability, because even the smallest possible powerdrain would still allow him to lock his opponent's sp3 with simple m-l-l-l-l combos.

In order to balance this mechanic it would make sense to make it slightly harder to access/keep up, since it's potency are essentially irrelevant. The only other thing would be the duration of his debuffs, which would make it exceptionally harder to actively combine shock and incinerate to a plasma passive. It would potentially achieve the same goal as in making him harder to play, but it would also negatively impact his kit as a whole.

I think the community as a whole is just yet in the process of really understanding what imiw even is as a character.

He's a tanky offensive control champ that rewards an agressive playstyle.
    The sig is only one aspect, but it was the only aspect we were discussing. My response was specifically to the guy who said that a decreased power gain "Makes sense, due to his sig".
    I know, sorry it was meant to add to both of your thoughts, it wasn't meant to be a rebuttal to yours lol.
    No worries. I appreciate the interest in the subject and it's always good to see another player who appreciates IMIW's offensive capabilities. I feel the community too often relegates him to purely a defensive champ and he gets overlooked despite being a swiss army knife.

It's my fondness of the champ that has driven me to get to the bottom of this and hopefully a mod can chime in.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    I've also tested it myself, doing MLLLM combos and comparing with other champions with 6-hit combos. No block damage/power gained
    IIW IM needed an additional 2 or 3 hits in order to get to full power
    I see Kabam Miike is around. I'm hoping he can weigh in on this.
    In reviewing the original post, I see one of the pictures was duplicated, causing another one to be missing. Here's the image of IMIW as a rank 3 5* reaching his L3

Based on the lack of evidence to the contrary, this appears to be a bug. Perhaps a mod can weigh in? Why is IMIW's power gain rate lower than other champs?
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    I also noticed this. I thought I was going insane so I just ignored it, but I'm glad to see that's not the case. I think he should be changed to gain more power because it wasn't stated in his description that he gains less power than a normal champion, unless maybe the repulsor attacks don't generate power??
  • Hey there, do you have the footage from these fights by any chance? And would you be able to confirm what other Champions were on your team during these fights?

Hey there, do you have the footage from these fights by any chance? And would you be able to confirm what other Champions were on your team during these fights?

I do have footage of the fights, but I'd need a few hours before I can upload them. Is there something specific you're looking for?

As far as the teammates, I did my best to make sure there were no power-affecting synergies in place.

For the rank 3 fights, the only champs on the team were IMIW, Iron Fist, and Karnak.

For the 6* fights, only Cap IW and IMIW were on the team.
  • As much of the footage as you can include from entering the quest and selecting your team through the end of the fight is helpful. Having as much information as possible goes a long way to help us replicate the fight as closely as possible, which helps with the investigation. Even if certain things don't seem relevant, the extra info can help give us a more accurate starting point to rule things out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh0UXFQUUIg

@Kabam Zibiit Here's a video with the relevant information that led to the original post. I also added some duels at the end for extra examples. IMIW's lack of power is across all game modes. I've used him in quests, AW attack, duels, and Arena.
    Is any other information needed on this?
  • We've passed the video on to the rest of the team. If we need to ask more questions, we will do so here or send a message.
    Thank you.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Any word from Kabam on this issue?
  • Is this confirmed to be a bug or a part of his kit?
  • shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Maybe his repulsars gain less power.
  • gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    shield456 said:

Maybe his repulsars gain less power.

If it is that lets inform us. But no answer is not what we want.

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    As an extremely frequent user of my R5 IMIW, I would like to have an update on the findings of your investigating team, Kabam.

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey there, the team reviewed back through the logs and this is something that has always been an intended part of Iron Man (Infinity War)'s kit. Between some of his attacks not granting any Power and his signature ability allowing him to constantly be generating Power when it activates, him gaining slightly less power from a basic combo was needed to keep him balanced. The team will be working on adding a description in his text to clarify this.
This discussion has been closed.