**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Vision Aarkus shrugging Stuns from Apocalypse

OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Device and Version: iPhone 8

Device Operating System: iOS 11

Mobile Carrier: N/A

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi

Game Version Installed:

Game Mode:
Seen in duels and incursions. Suspect it will occur everywhere.

Champions Affected:
Apocalypse, 5* r5, sig 60

Active Boosts:
None

Description of the Issue:
Despite his signature ability saying that he Purifies one of each non-damaging debuff, and Apocalypse having -100% AAR for purify abilities, Vision Aarkus is still shrugging the parry stuns from Apocalypse. Occurs every time vision would be able to remove a debuff.

Screenshot or Video:
Duel vs Vision Aarkus duel target

Comments

• Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Vision Aarkus' awakened ability gives him Tenacity.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Purifying and tenacity are different mechanics
  • Options
    Patchie93 said:

Vision Aarkus's sig -

Whenever Aarkus gains a non-Damaging Debuff, he has a X% chance to Purify one of each non-Damaging Debuff on him. This cannot trigger more than once every 9.50 second(s).

It's a Purify.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    qartweli said:

Purify is not tenacity

Congrats on repeating Patchie. Read the signature ability.

"Whenever Aarkus gains a non-Damaging Debuff, he has a X% chance to Purify one of each non-Damaging Debuff on him. This cannot trigger more than once every 9.50 second(s)."

Either Apocalypse is bugged, or Vision Aarkus needs his signature ability description updated.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Tenacity isn’t purify
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Good looking out, yeah lets please give Kabam some time to fix Aarkus so he is not able to shrug off debuff from Apoc.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    qartweli said:

Purify is not tenacity

Patchie93 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Tenacity isn’t purify

HI_guys said:

Ordalca said:

Lvernon15 said:

Tenacity isn’t purify

Was that supposed to be a joke?
    Maybe there is a difference . It's all in the hands of the Kabam gods
    I always wondered about that; so I asked repeatedly in different threads till I got an answer.

According to Kabam Zibiit, Tenacity does count as a Purify effect:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1154719/#Comment_1154719

The thought occurs to me that Tenacity/shrug-off is an ability largely entirely limited to the Skill class; whom Apocalypse has class advantage over. Aarkus is a rare example outside Skill - I wonder if that's relevant?

Corvus and CMM have Purify mechanics. It might be worth someone experimenting to see if Apocalypse prevents them shrugging off debuffs when reactivating Immunity/going into Binary. See if this is a Class Effect.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    This is fun. Does this mean red hulk will not purify the poison or incinerate when fighting against apocalypse? King groot should not shrug off debuffs at the cost of fury buff. I am eagerly waiting for a clarification.
  • Options
    TESTING...

Currently, Red Hulk successfully converts the poison to a Heat Charge against Apocalypse. I think there was another post about that. Might get countered by concussion from s2, but by default, still works.

King groot is unable to shrug Apocalypse's debuffs.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

This is fun. Does this mean red hulk will not purify the poison or incinerate when fighting against apocalypse? King groot should not shrug off debuffs at the cost of fury buff. I am eagerly waiting for a clarification.

this post is interesting
    Nothing interesting here. Apoc's purify AAR is bugged.
  • Options
    Hey there, the team is aware of this and we have a thread going for this where we are tracking reports here. If you have more information to share, you can let us know in that thread.
This discussion has been closed.