**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Upgrading the symbiote

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
So it's 24 catalysts top max him and you get 23 from 100% ing all four difficulties below epic. You can only get more from one full completion of epic.

If you can't do uncollected to get the last catalyst you pretty much have no chance of doing symbiote difficulty as you can't max it.

So for those of us who can't complete uncollected EQ what's the point in the symbiote? It's only useful in the event quests, but you can't get him to a useful level to help unless you can complete uncollected.

Very much catch 22...

Comments

• Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    You should only need to do the easiest run through of the epic difficulty. Sure it'll be tough, but that's what you're going to have to do.
  • Options
    I've only 3 5/50 4s, only ten 5* none above 3/35. Guess like dungeons this is designed to be content that gates /restricts advancement?

I won't be able to do a run through on uncollected plus do all the others. I'm on Android for one! Will see how I go on masters, but guessing this is a dead end unless you can complete uncollected EQ each month.
  • Options
    My suggestion is to the highest difficulty you can. If you can do Master, do that one first, and upgrade your Symbioid as hight as you can. Then, use it to tackle Epic. The Extra help it gives you might help you tip the scales in your favor, and don't forget to use the Enhancements!

If you can't do Master yet, start with Heroic, use the Katalysts to upgrade him as high as you can, and use him to help you in Master, and then you can tackle Epic. If you normally can't do Uncollected, then I don't suggest trying Symbiote difficulty. Use the Symbioid to help you do a difficulty higher than you usually do, but maybe don't try and skip one.

But, that's just my personal suggestion.
  • Options
    I've only 3 5/50 4s, only ten 5* none above 3/35. Guess like dungeons this is designed to be content that gates /restricts advancement?

I won't be able to do a run through on uncollected plus do all the others. I'm on Android for one! Will see how I go on masters, but guessing this is a dead end unless you can complete uncollected EQ each month.

If you do all of the difficulties you should be able to take your symbiote to r4, and I'm thinking he'll be decently powerful at r4. Use him and your 5/50 champs or 3/45 champs and I'm sure you can do at least the easiest paths in epic difficulty. May cost you a few revives, but once you make one pass through you will be able to take your symbiote to r5 which will help you 100% epic difficulty and maybe even symbiote difficulty.
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Symbiote difficulty is supposed to be beyond Epic difficulty. If you can't make it through a single pass of Epic, you won't be able to do much in Symbiote anyway.

Not trying to be a jerk, it's just the nature of scaling difficulty levels like this. I'm going to be away most of the month without internet, so I won't be able to do more than hopefully get a pass through each of the levels from Heroic to Epic just to get what I can and experience some of the fun. Sorry I'll be missing out on taking advantage of all the great new content they have planned this month.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    My suggestion is to the highest difficulty you can. If you can do Master, do that one first, and upgrade your Symbioid as hight as you can. Then, use it to tackle Epic. The Extra help it gives you might help you tip the scales in your favor, and don't forget to use the Enhancements!

If you can't do Master yet, start with Heroic, use the Katalysts to upgrade him as high as you can, and use him to help you in Master, and then you can tackle Epic. If you normally can't do Uncollected, then I don't suggest trying Symbiote difficulty. Use the Symbioid to help you do a difficulty higher than you usually do, but maybe don't try and skip one.

Mike,

The Enhancements store doesn't have timers on the various enhancements, in terms of how long they last. How does that work? Are they like boosts and run for a set time, or are they able to be used until the end of this symbiote event?
  • Options

Mike,

The Enhancements store doesn't have timers on the various enhancements, in terms of how long they last. How does that work? Are they like boosts and run for a set time, or are they able to be used until the end of this symbiote event?

Miike posted the answer to your question in this thread.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/100037/cost-discrepancy-for-enhancements-in-game-vs-announcement#latest
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

Mike,

Miike posted the answer to your question in this thread.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/100037/cost-discrepancy-for-enhancements-in-game-vs-announcement#latest

Thanks, and here is what he said in case anyone else sees my post and wants the answer:

"As for the durations, it's too late for us to add that now, but the duration is tied to the Cost as well.

Cost 10: 20 Minutes
    Cost 12: 15 Minutes
    Cost 15: 10 Minutes"
  • Options
    Seems that rank 4 symbiote is only 4500 ish rating, including masteries. I'm not good enough to beat uncollected EQ with higher rated 5/50s. It also seems you can't level up the symbiote to a useful level without beating the level above your existing level. If I can't get the symbiote above rank 4 and 4,500 rating without beating uncollected, what's the point in the symbiote? It can't help me.

The same would apply if a rank 4 symbiote would help you with masters (which it doesn't). You can't get it to rank 4 without beating masters.

Same with rank 3.

So it begs the question, what use is the symbiote for the bulk of the player base who can't beat uncollected?

• Options
    You have to remember, a lot o the Symbioid's power comes from the Symbiotic Enhancements. That rating doesn't mean everything when you take into account all of the amazing abilities your Symbioid has access to with the enhancements.
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    You have to remember, a lot o the Symbioid's power comes from the Symbiotic Enhancements. That rating doesn't mean everything when you take into account all of the amazing abilities your Symbioid has access to with the enhancements.

Kabam miike will There be a Halloween Calendar if so I hope it include Katalysts So we Can Upgrade Our symbiot