**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Clarification: Do Boosts (& Synergies) work on War Placement or not???

AquarDragon65AquarDragon65 Posts: 189
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
For several months, I have been using Champion, Health and Attack Boosts before Confirming my Heroes!! For months, it seemed to work!

But the recent glitch in Defence Hero display shows my Defenders not only Not Node strength... but not boosted (& I think... no synergies... not sure there)!!!

I use boosts almost exclusively on Defence Placement and make a practice of buying 3-6 Boosts per week!

The Synergies thing is actually MUCH more important but had a recent new member tell me that Defence Synergies have never really worked! He's been playing almost 3 years so I can't dispute what I can't confirm.

Considering, I've built my roster on the strength of Synergies... I need to know, without doubt, these two vital questions!
I've also long touted " Boost B4 Confirmation" to my team so...

FYI: Main Defenders
- 5-50 Mephisto lvl 44
- 4-40 Dormy lvl 34
- 4-40 Hood unduped
- 3-45 BP-CW lvl 29
- 5-50 KillMonger lvl 8
Alternates:
- 4-40 Magik lvl 90 (too popular)
- 4-40 NightCrawler lvl 23
- 4-40 IronMan-IW lvl 21
- 5-50 Iceman lvl 70 (top 5 Attacker tho)
- 4-40 Goblin lvl 32
- 2-35 Goblin unduped
- 5-50 Miles lvl 36 (top 8 Attacker)

Please let me know because if Boosts & Synergies DON'T work... I've screwed up not just me but my Team (I'm the FYI Guy on my Crew)!!!

Thanks in Advance, the people on here have never steered me wrong!

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I kno synergys dont work on defense not sure if boosts do tho
  • AquarDragon65AquarDragon65 Posts: 189
    I kno synergys dont work on defense not sure if boosts do tho

Where do you know this from... as in what is your level of expertise?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    The mods have said synergies don’t work on defense a few times
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Neither work, people use to use boosts when defender rating was a thing but pointless now. Would have though someone from your alliance would have told you this.
    John757 wrote: »

Wasn't that fixed like 6-8 months ago?
    That IS what I was told... thought it was in here!!!
    edited October 2018

Wasn't that fixed like 6-8 months ago?
    That IS what I was told... thought it was in here!!!

No, and I don’t feel like searching for the post confirming that. You can have fun searching thru the forums for it. But I can 100% tell you synergies don’t work. You’d see more blackbolts and karnaks if synergies worked. Making Medusa almost impossible.
    edited October 2018
    [removed by moderation]

Kabam did nothing, whomever told you they worked screwed you haha
    Post edited by Kabam Porkchop on
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They haven't worked I quite awhile they were trying to get them to work and give us a warning system which is why some thought we could see the buffs in the pause screen but then they just stopped talking about it.

Who knows if they're ever going to work again, and some don't want them to ever work due to the unquie ones having extremely powerful effects I really don't care either way to be honest.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    k2j1n0kdxwvz.jpeg
    Holy F¿ck!!!
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I don't frequent the Forums and after being told Synergies work... I believed it!
    TRULY Kabam'd... AGAIN!!!

That's technically not true, if synergy did work at some point but then stopped at some point, it would be kabams job to make sure that they got that message across. There's nowhere in game that says they do or don't work, one just assumes they would, not everyone who plays the game visits the forum.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    U
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    k2j1n0kdxwvz.jpeg
    Holy F¿ck!!!
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I don't frequent the Forums and after being told Synergies work... I believed it!
    TRULY Kabam'd... AGAIN!!!

That's technically not true, if synergy did work at some point but then stopped at some point, it would be kabams job to make sure that they got that message across. There's nowhere in game that says they do or don't work, one just assumes they would, not everyone who plays the game visits the forum.
    It stil Not kabam ther Tel him it thah why it Not one kabam side either this times it it one him
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Boosts work, but only for their duration
    Ok... a post I had was removed for profanity... for that... I sincerely apologize! That wasn't cool on my part.

But I still need clarification from Kabam (the warning I received from Kabam Porkchop won't allow me to ask a question or request clarification or explanation)!

So I will ask here (as this seems to be the only way).

The following was in response to the warning:

Hold on please! What did I say specifically? What false information am I supposed to be spreading?

If I have, then I'm truly sorry! I'm dealing with a terrible revelation that Synergies Do NOT Work in War Defense Placement!!! And having spent a year playing this game building around Synergies... this was like a physical assault... seriously!!!

I appreciate that you need to protect against false accusations, but Clarity from Kabam regarding War Defense Synergies not working... has been utterly absent!

So I respectfully ask that you explain, specifically, whether or not Synergies and Boosts used during Defense Placement actually work!!!

Have I been misinformed and spending credits on Boosts that have NOT worked!

Please answer.

That is the response I "wanted" to send and the forum system wouldn't let me! ???

Explanation from Moderators would be deeply appreciated!
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    Ok... a post I had was removed for profanity... for that... I sincerely apologize! That wasn't cool on my part.

But I still need clarification from Kabam (the warning I received from Kabam Porkchop won't allow me to ask a question or request clarification or explanation)!

So I will ask here (as this seems to be the only way).

The following was in response to the warning:

Hold on please! What did I say specifically? What false information am I supposed to be spreading?

If I have, then I'm truly sorry! I'm dealing with a terrible revelation that Synergies Do NOT Work in War Defense Placement!!! And having spent a year playing this game building around Synergies... this was like a physical assault... seriously!!!

I appreciate that you need to protect against false accusations, but Clarity from Kabam regarding War Defense Synergies not working... has been utterly absent!

So I respectfully ask that you explain, specifically, whether or not Synergies and Boosts used during Defense Placement actually work!!!

Have I been misinformed and spending credits on Boosts that have NOT worked!

Please answer.

That is the response I "wanted" to send and the forum system wouldn't let me! ???

Explanation from Moderators would be deeply appreciated!

Kabam mods posted a clarification post not to long ago explaining why synergies do not work in war.
    I repeat - Synergies DO NOT work in war.

That being said, comparing this to physical assault might be a little radical, don’t you think? We’re talking about a game not allowing you to do something that could literally make war incredibly broken.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I love that people continue to respond with a message that a mod has previously informed us, but not a single one will provide the link. Clearly the request is to hear he answer from a mod, so those that know a mod said this please just provide a link for him. I would happily do so, but have never seen one myself to provide.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Boosts and synergies do not help with war defense.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hello,

Synergies do not work in Alliance War defense. Please refer to this thread for more information about this.

If a Boost is active when the defensive team is created, it will remain active for the duration of the Boost. Please keep in mind that a Boost activated after the team has been formed will not apply.

Hope that helps clear things up!
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello,

Synergies do not work in Alliance War defense. Please refer to this thread for more information about this.

If a Boost is active when the defensive team is created, it will remain active for the duration of the Boost. Please keep in mind that a Boost activated after the team has been formed will not apply.

Re: AW synergies on defense not working for 1 year

Why is there no formal announcement, or message sent to the entire playerbase,or banner in game about synergies not working ???

How about a sticky on the forums ???

How about it being listed among the 20.0/20.1 known issues??
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    It's a complete was boosting before defence placement. Boost only stay active for there duration when war starts. This means unless your defenders are the very first nodes then the boost will expire before people get to them. Same goes if the other ally doesn't attack straight away.

Save yourself some units and don't bother, use those boosts for attack
    For the Past 4 months, I had been using Boosts and the end of the War, my Bosses displayed the same Hero Rating as when I placed them the Day Before! I Specifically checked for this!!!

Beginning of September or thereabouts, a display glitch started showing War Defenders at "Un-Noded" value! It was then that not only was the Boost not active but some Heroes were shown at not Synergy value!

I brought this up w' Alliance and that was when a new (veteran) member said Synergies have never really worked!

This instigated my investigation!

MikeHock wrote: »
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hello,

Re: AW synergies on defense not working for 1 year

Why is there no formal announcement, or message sent to the entire playerbase,or banner in game about synergies not working ???

How about a sticky on the forums ???

How about it being listed among the 20.0/20.1 known issues??

HECK YEAH!!! THIS SHOULD DEFINITELY BE HAPPENING!!!
    This is from link Kabam Lyra provided:

Kabam Miike
    July 12
    Hey Everybody,

I want to let you all know that we're still working on getting Synergies working in Alliance Wars Defense, but this is not a quick or easy fix. They're not just deactivated, but while we work on getting them fixed, we also want to work on a way for us to be able to display what synergies are active, as some of them could be pretty devastating if they catch you off guard.

Also, as you can see, there are many differing opinions on how/if they should be activated. We want to ensure that we give due diligence to all of your concerns as well.

Unfortunately, I don't have a status update on this at this time, but can assure you that the team is aware of your concerns, and are still working on it.
    Flag Quote · Insightful 1Agree 2Like Awesome 5LOL

Let's see... July, August, September...

3 months... no resolution... or update!

Or notification!!! And for those who don't even bother with Forums... ZERO AWARENESS!!

At least a dozen of my team has needed "directions" on how to "find" forums!!!

C'mon Kabam... need a Monthly Update!!!
    Just found from game friend that apparently Kabam may Never enable Synergies!

Is this true?
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Hopefully so. The new unique synergies are stronger than some of the buffs on the map, and used in conjunction with them would make things 1000x more difficult. Medusa with 6 furirs, indestructible hulk,, Morningstar on power start one with a bar of power already, no thanks.
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Last week in AW, I fought several characters from a team with Heimdall, Hela, Loki, plus. THREE that I fought on my path had synergies activate. Are Some working now, or was it somehow cheating?
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Defense synergies would break game
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Defense synergies would break game
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    GQuantao said:

Last week in AW, I fought several characters from a team with Heimdall, Hela, Loki, plus. THREE that I fought on my path had synergies activate. Are Some working now, or was it somehow cheating?

None of them have worked since December 2017
    GQuantao said:

There is a mastery that is similar to the heimdall synergy
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Alliance War synergies on Defense are not active. There seems to just be a bit of confusion here.

This thread will now be closed as it is very old and the initial question has been answered.
This discussion has been closed.