**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What's normal cap America like? 5 star pull

Yeah what's he like he's my third 5 star and tbh I'm not sure whether to feel disapointed or not. my others are IM IW and Spider Gwen yeah what's he like should I take him to rank 2

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    High block proficiency, that's about it
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    Nothing exciting because he's a defensive champion; but he's tough, and he has decent base damage on his specials. Use Fatigue to increase your stun chance, and take less critical damage when getting hit

Also, he eats Mordo alive, as Fatigue stops Astral Evade.

He's got lots of synergies; and his Punisher 2099 and Void synergies are pretty good:

http://www.marvelsynergy.com/champions/captain-america

I'd definitely R2 unduped; and consider ranking higher depending on being Awakened or having a partner like Void or P2099.
  • I hv him. I would never take him to r2. He is just mediocre.
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Recently I saw him hanging out with kk and IF

Lol.....
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Ok I'm biased on this topic because I not only have him at rank 4/55 but I also used a science gem on him to get him awakened. Why? Because I like the character and because I personally find him good overall. People say all he has is block (which is true) however that is not a bad thing is it? During learning how Emma Frost worked and get the timing down, having Cap around saved me ALOT of revives due to being able to take so many specials and get alot of practice.

Here's a thread I made some time ago when he was only R3.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/8o1bhx/captain_america_ogclassic/?st=jmuruqas&sh=640ab76a

If you don't feel like reading I'll break it down.

Pros:

High Block
    Perfect Block (0 damage)
    Perfect Parries 100% of the time (works on specials if needed)
    Doesn't care about Limber
    Great for Evade champs that can be stunned (stun last long enough to get more than normal hits in)
    Great for AQ (Can time out alot and keep going)
    Longer than normal parry stun time
    Great Vs Stun/Debuff immune (can block and counter alot)

Cons:

Bad damage
    No utility other than block

He's not the best but he can be VERY useful in many areas of MCOC. When Act 6 comes out and block damage is crazy, I'm gonna be happy to have him.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Seems like people love to hate on him. I've always liked him. Yeah he's worth r2. He has very high perfect block to go along with high block proficiency. His damage is very average but you can hang in a fight for a long time. I just duped my 5* so I'll R3 him as soon as I get more t4b. He's not a game changer for the most part but good to have as an option.
    Saiyan wrote: »
    Ok I'm biased on this topic because I not only have him at rank 4/55 ... When Act 6 comes out and block damage is crazy, I'm gonna be happy to have him.

Pros: if you like him, you like him

Cons: is the 4th best captain in the game, behind iw cap, ww2 cap and captain marvel (duped).

When act 6 comes out and your average base attack doesn't stack, fury, cause bleed, activate true strike, drain power, or becomes unblockable like other champs, that block will indeed be a necessity.

But it's all about having fun with champs you like, so it's all good.

Damn straight, people always forget that we play these games for FUN and not always chance god tier champs. I've found him very useful overall in Act 5 so I see no reason why not in Act 6 also. Sure the fight will take 785846 years to do but as he himself said "I could do this all day". If the Act 6 average enemy has 200k+ life, Cap will be there to take 200+ hits to beat each champ and I'll have fun doing so.

Remember, Reliable champs are also good champs and my boy is very reliable.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Ok I'm biased on this topic because I not only have him at rank 4/55 ... When Act 6 comes out and block damage is crazy, I'm gonna be happy to have him.

Cons: is the 4th best captain in the game, behind iw cap, ww2 cap and captain marvel (duped).

When act 6 comes out and your average base attack doesn't stack, fury, cause bleed, activate true strike, drain power, or becomes unblockable like other champs, that block will indeed be a necessity.

Damn straight, people always forget that we play these games for FUN ... Sure the fight will take 785846 years to do but as he himself said "I could do this all day"... Cap will be there to take 200+ hits to beat each champ and I'll have fun doing so.

This may be my favourite post of all time.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    I R2'd him because it only costs 2 T4B and such, and R2 5* teams keep you fully safe of triggering random death matches in Arena, unlike a full R1 team.

Beyond that, mine is purely arena fodder on a team with IP and OG Spidey for the synergies.

(I've also R2'd IP, KK, HtD, SG, and others, for similar reasons. Arena fodder.)
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Nothing bad about him, just boring. Other than the high block, he's got very little utility (semi-reliable stun chain? fatigue?). Kind of redundant when cap iw encapsulates all of his abilities plus tons more utility.

Damn straight, people always forget that we play these games for FUN and not always chance god tier champs. I've found him very useful overall in Act 5 so I see no reason why not in Act 6 also. Sure the fight will take 785846 years to do but as he himself said "I could do this all day". If the Act 6 average enemy has 200k+ life, Cap will be there to take 200+ hits to beat each champ and I'll have fun doing so.

No offense, but when I'm trying to have fun in this game, og cap would be one of the last champs I would pick to use. Boring animations, doesn't hit hard, no cool abilities. Name one champ that is more boring to play than og cap
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Nothing bad about him, just boring. Other than the high block, he's got very little utility (semi-reliable stun chain? fatigue?). Kind of redundant when cap iw encapsulates all of his abilities plus tons more utility.

No offense, but when I'm trying to have fun in this game, og cap would be one of the last champs I would pick to use. Boring animations, doesn't hit hard, no cool abilities. Name one champ that is more boring to play than og cap

DPX of which I have as a 6 star. Anyway, to each thier own I say. Plus Cap IW doesn't have perfect block just perfect parries. His block is damn good but at low health you gotta play real skillful while OG cap has alot of breathing room as he can tank so many hits if needed and some fights that's needed (champs with alot of projectiles as their specials).
  • Meh TBH