**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Venom The Duck vs. Corvus Glaive - Unlimited Unblockable SP2 for Corvus

10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
Disclaimer: I have so far only played the monthly EQ on Epic, so I don't know if this particular node is active in lower difficulties. And yes, I know that not everyone has Corvus Glaive. This is just a strategy tip for those that do, outlining one possible option for how to make this fight easier for yourself.

When fighting Venom the Duck, one of the insane number of node buffs he has in Epic difficulty allows both champions to only gain power when holding block. What this means is that, if you are good at evading his specials and you have a Corvus Glaive, you basically have unlimited use of your super high damage SP2, since it is unblockable as long as you have Glaive charges, and you don't need to use up your Glaive charges attacking to build up to the SP2; just hold block.

It made fighting him with Corvus quite straightforward. Like taking on the Hydra Adaptoid with a 3* Ronan, there is of course plenty of room to make mistakes with this approach (both of Venom the Duck's SPs are unblockable, so if you miss the dodge on those you can be hurting pretty badly pretty quickly), but it is definitely one strategy for those with Corvus.