**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW worst matchup ever seen

This has got to be one of the worst matchups ever a current Gold 2 vs a Plat 3. Other alliance sells champs to lower their overall rating and on top of that still 18xx vs a 23xx alliance and there are a cool 1 million above us and around 70k overall average higher with almost all players 5* 4/5. This suppose to be enjoyable for either alliance? Would rather it not even start a war if the matchup is this one sided. To easy for one side with 7-11k champs and our side with average 3-4k champs, there has to be a better search engine, Helen Keller could find a more fair match up. Not to mention we lose 8 points and gain 200? trz6xhs2ff47.jpg
dangnrjdgj3u.jpg
upxnctwnwzx9.jpg
swvni2sippg0.jpg
8fwgb3xlamfk.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Err I've seen 600k alliances get put up against 10 million ones before so this is definitely not the worst one ever or even in the top 50.

Your war ratings aren't that far off neither is your alliance rating and based on numbers there really isn't much difference.

So occasionally it just put you into a match with those in a different bracket that's all.
  • Options
    DemitriMDemitriM Posts: 303 ★★
    I find this complaint odd
    5.5m vs 6.6m

I'm in a 4.4m alliance ,we are currently fighting an 8m alliance for the second time this week(same alliance)

it happens...
  • Options
    Lol war ratings are way off. Almost 500 point spread, and yes I said one of the worst match ups not the worst. But considering they're at least 1700+ alliances above us and it found a match within 20 minutes, it couldnt have found a more even opponent? Haha there are always exceptions but I think it could be a WAY better match up....look around not the first time this has happened so speak up so things can change for the better. And alliance ratings dont mean anything we can sell half the champs of each player and drop below 1 million. Their alliance is easily a 10mil plus they sold champs just to make them appear lower. The problem isnt the match up it's the search engine clearly. People always say no big deal or I've done it, etc. Stop making excuses and just acknowledge this shouldn't happen and something in the search engine needs to be tweaked it isnt enjoyable for either team.
  • Options
    x67md7ome5yj.jpg
  • Options
    122 points for winning and 8 for losing haha what a joke. Only good thing is we dont lose much but even that shows there is clearly a problem when it should be +/- points within 50 of eachother
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Lol and I'm saying it's definitely not up there as one of the worst ones, since you're about even in everything else and 500 war rating difference doesn't come close to being one of the worst ones since again about everything else is about equal in terms of the numbers you are showing.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/9197/war-matchup-dear-kabam-this-time-id-like-an-explanation

1,200 difference and who knows how much between them the other ones.

There are tons of other ones out there to, where the opponent way outmatched them and due to that yhey had no chance to win because their opponents had 5-20+ million difference between their alliance rating.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/100299/alliance-war-matchmaking-140-difference#latest

When that happens they just get stomped just because their war ratings were similar or within the range kabams flawed match up system spits out.

All in all in terms of everything you have a better chance to win then lots of other match ups I've seen.

Also they definitely always in the range you're saying and the higher you all get the worst matches you will get.

You have to adjust to the system, and kabam makes it very easy for alliances to purge their champions off to fight lower opponents and all you all need to is clear as much as you possibly can and get it as close as possible and who wins wins, coming here and complaining isn't going to help since it's really not that bad of a match up in everything but the war rating.
  • Options
    That post is 2017 so kind of hard to go by lol look at the recent ones aka after all the updates by kabam. Were around 485 next highest one is 455 I could find recently. And funny you said it yourself kabam flawed matchup system. I'm not complaining I'm showing a problem when I know for a fact there are many more alliances within our range since the last 12+ wars were fairly even. If we dont speak up or as you would say "complain" problems dont get solved, this is a problem and not just for our alliance but many of them. Thanks for the advice but no amount of boost can fight a opponent where their average attack champs are 7-11k and yours are 3k they walk right through defense.
  • Options
    Some people like to argue for the sake of arguing haha. Idc I'm presenting a problem if it makes your night saying it's not a mismatch or not one of the worst go for it. I know kabam will see it and look into the problem so that future updates may be able to fix the search engine to better find more even match ups that come based on skill.
  • Options
    I highly doubt it will get fixed, I could find more but the search function really isn't that good, so you all just have to make the best of it that's all you can really do and try to win or just stop playing.

They just know how to game the system and your is just another victim of their rampage and again nearly everything else is equal regardless of the war rating matches aren't always found by war rating.

Your alliance rating also comes into factor to and plays a bigger role then they look for someone in their war rating range and spit out a match up that is or isn't even.

I get that you are fighting a alliance with a higher war rating and better attack team per member but things like this will happen as long as kabam allows people to sell their champions without a penalty to tank their rating in the off season to get easier match ups.

Yes they are flawed in terms of match ups and they are stacked in terms of their attack & defense teams but this matchup isn't all that bad when you factor in everything else from just a pure numbers perspective.

Just either try or quit, over the years their match up system can spit all kinds of bad ones.

5 million alliance rating
    1k+ war rating

Vs

15 million alliance rating
    1k+ war rating

Those ones are way worse from a pure numbers stand point than yours.

You are going to see stuff like that as you get higher and higher not just being outmatched in war rating.

6 million alliance rating
    1k+ war rating

Vs

20 million alliance rating
    2k+ war rating

Which basically means they will run over their opponents, these are the kinda match ups they allow or in your case

5+ million
    1k+ war rating
    Non sellers
    Low attack defense ratings

Vs

6+ million
    2k+ war rating
    Sellers
    High attack teams and high defense

You will be seeing more of this if you all keep pushing which means you all need to either grow and adjust your members or start dropping or sell of your champions to do the same as them.

How you all go forward is up to your alliance
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, I believe it is a fluke based on prior wars. But hopefully kabam fixes it in the future, even though I'm sure they've tried many times.
  • Options
    Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    Is no one else surprised as to how a 6.6 mil ally gets a 2300 war rating and Platinum 3 landing? Just sayin
  • Options
    MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Alliance rating has no effect on war. However, you do have a point on the war rating being so different.
  • Options
    MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Is no one else surprised as to how a 6.6 mil ally gets a 2300 war rating and Platinum 3 landing? Just sayin

They probably just sold all champs below 4*. Not the best option in terms of long term game play with the loss of shards, but not overly uncommon
  • Options
    crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    That's not really that big of a disparity. We regularly fought folks 5-7+ million higher than us. It's actually based more off war rating than alliance rating. The rating is the only thing that seems a little off to me.
  • Options
    JaredaJareda Posts: 13
    Anyone talking about the alliance rating in terms of size should stop talking because you clearly don't understand the game. Rating means nothing. A 15 mil alliance could drop to a 6 mil if everyone sold their 1-4* they never use. AW is based on AW rating. This is a pretty big difference in AW rating. The lower rated alliance would have to win 8 AW in a row to get to the rating of the alliance they are fighting. Would have to agree that they shouldn't have been matched up with this alliance.