**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

RNG in the Epic Occult Lab

GK_23GK_23 Posts: 282 ★★★
So I’ve ran the Epic Occult Lab 3 times, and all 3 times I’ve only pulled 250 5* shards from the crystal. This is the type of “randomness” that needs to go from the game. Extremely disappointing.

Comments

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    So would you rather just have them give 250 5* shards as the reward? Takes me 60+ rounds to get 1000 shards in the featured 5* arena. That takes a lot longer than 4 runs of the labs.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Worst case scenario 250 5* shards for 70 tier 5 lab crystals is 17.5K total 5* shards. I don't think that's extremely disappointing for an event that takes 0 energy.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I have opened 4 epic crystals from the lab so far and I've gotten the following
    1: 1000 5* shards
    2: 1000 t2a
    3: 250 5* shards
    4: 1000 t5b

So far the rewards seem pretty decent to me. Not sure they're worth the half hour that I put into each of them though.
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 282 ★★★
    Easy there Kabam peanut gallery. The “disappointing” part is pulling the lowest reward possible in 3 runs of the top level of a challenging event.
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 202 ★★
    The real RNG issue for me is the buffs, you can have a breeze run thru or it can be a root canal haha. Either way these labs really aren;t doing it for me. They need to do more like the Trials of the King/Titan. Those were very enjoyable to do but still required skill to get it done.